Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 747 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 792 reviews
on June 4, 2016
These are great for Minecraft fans...they will go nuts for this set. Just a warning to adults who do the buying....this set is extremely small, about the size of a small tissue box. It is fairly pricey, and it may not make sense to us, but the Minecraft fan in your family will absolutely love this set and the other micro sets. Despite its size, there is a lot of play times with this set, unlike other sets that you just build and let it sit there. They will be actively using this, playing with it, and rebuilding it in different ways.
on January 16, 2015
If my daughter were writing this review she would easily give this LEGO set five stars; however, since I purchased it my review will take price into consideration. LEGO has always made high-quality toys. This set replicates The Nether from Minecraft, albeit on a much smaller scale. Most other LEGO sets usually build into buildings or vehicles but this set builds into a hole in the ground with two Ghasts and one Zombie Pigman. The emphasis of The Nether LEGO set is on the overall landscape of The Nether. It would have been nice to have more creatures and less environment. While anyone who buys LEGO sets should expect to pay a premium I was primarily disappointed because she and I were able to make a larger version of The Nether using other LEGO blocks. That left me with the realization I essentially paid for two small Ghasts and one small Zombie Pigman. That said, the set goes together well and the instructions are good (My 8 year old was able to breeze through them). This set is one in a series of three that can be incorporated together. If I were basing this review on quality alone I could easily rate it higher, but in terms of getting what you pay for it's just okay.
on April 14, 2014
What is Minecraft?

Minecraft is a computer game where you mine minerals and raw materials (or gather them) in order to be able to craft certain things in the game, like food, torches, raw materials. You use the raw materials to make things like farms, houses, mine carts, and a ton of other things. The game is "open" in that when you start playing, you can do and do pretty much anything you like (subject to having crafted the necessary tools) and the charm comes in being creative and making massive structures / towns / dolls / whatever.

The fun is heightened even more when you get friends involved!

Each thing that can be built is made from blocks of fixed dimensions. In many ways, Minecraft is the digital Legos of our children's era.

You probably know what Legos are. What this set does to tie them both together beatifully - other than theming the Legos to match - is that it includes a large number of peg caps so that all the levels of elevations, etc can be flattened off at the top edges rather than having pegs sticking out. When a bunch of blocks are next to each other, all with appropriately colored caps upon them, the similarity to the video game is pretty stunning.

And because of this synergy, this otherwise so-so set becomes a set that makes my son very very happy. To him, that one simple thing has completely opened his Legos to a whole new world. In fact, he's now talking about ordering more capping pieces on their own just so that he can make all sorts of other Lego minecraft creations beyond what the box offers.

I highly recommend this for those who like Legos and like Minecraft. It blends beautifully.
review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon August 29, 2014
My son, 7, loves Legos and he loves Minecraft ... So these Minecraft-licensed Lego sets were a natural fit for him. He's got them all now, and they have pride of place on his bookcase, instead of being relegated to the Lego table, like most of his completed, and not yet destroyed sets. He loves all the little Minecraft-specific touches that I, as a video-game clueless mom, just do not get.

Parents should be aware that these sets are super small. The size of the box is about half that of a small shoe-box, and the sets themselves, once assembled, form cubes even smaller than that. They also feature a lot of micro-size Legos ... Including a lot of those teeny, tiny fingernail thin ones that are about 1/8" x 1/8".

Taken that way, it's hard to imagine these sets as a good value, but seeing how much my son enjoys both assembling and collecting these special sets, they feel worth it to me.
on October 3, 2013
These are nice little Lego sets for any MineCraft enthusiast. Be warned that these are micro Lego sets, meaning all the blocks are the tiniest that Lego makes. These almost lose a star because of how small they are versus their price, but it is what it is. My son really likes them. My son did say that he wishes the set came with less "Ghasts" and more "Zombie Pig Men". I'm sure your little MineCrafter would know what that means.
on November 12, 2015
What can i say my daughter loves minecraft. its a hit with the kids. this little play-set is awesome my daughter loves having it set up in her room. the quality is great and it looks really cool when assembled. lego has never failed on quality and they dident stop here its made great like any lego set has been made. just a word of caution it does have small pieces. so would not recomend for really young kids. buy its an amazing lego set to go for minecraft. great job lego.
on December 31, 2014
400+ pieces, many the size of a kernel of corn. Exacting set of instructions. About as much fun as filling out income tax forms. Grandkids spent 5 minutes assembling the character pieces and went off to play in a more creative environment. They love snap-together, large (thumb-sized) wheels and gears that give complete freedom to create free-form creations, but haven't touched these micro-sized blocks. They love MineCraft video activities, but the activity doesn't translate to these blocks. Two enjoyable activities (Legos and Minecraft) but a failed combination. Worst gift idea this Grandpa ever had!!
on December 9, 2014
Man this thing is TINY. It's such a rip off. I really should have read the reviews. I'm not kidding when I say it is the size of your hand. As soon as I opened my amazon box I was so disappointed. I seriously do not see how this thing has so many positive reviews.
on January 25, 2017
My boyfriend ordered this for me for Christmas, and it's a fake. We build Legos on a regular basis. The pieces are cheap, and don't fit together properly. All of the seals on the box and the plastic bags that the pieces are in are all different than the way Lego packages their product. Pieces were missing. The box is even different. If you look hard enough, you'll notice it. DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT! HORRIBLE!
VINE VOICEon December 26, 2014
I love that Lego and Minecraft got together and did some fun things (given the highly pixelized look of Minecraft, this is a natural fit!). My son loved this and not only had fun putting it together but using some of the other Lego Minecraft sets really got into creating some new map ideas which in turn encouraged him to create maps and gameplay for others. I really love that this helped encouraged my son to think bigger about the vastness of Minecraft and instead of just playing, really start creating!