Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on June 1, 2011
My 7 year old son loved how challenging this was. He was able to follow the directions on his own and he was super impressed with the final outcome. As with all Lego models, they really are not for play. When we were moving it from the living room to his room some pieces fell off. He was able fix it but realized it was going to be best to look at and not play with. What was most impressive was how the Fortress took shape from all those little pieces.
on October 5, 2013
We haven;t opened the box as yet, but I'm sure our grandson will be delighted with this gift. He is an avid Lego fan and has had many different projects that he has put together. For a 61/2 year old he is very smart and seems to have no problem following the pictures on how to assemble each part of the Lego project he is working. He is just beginning to read so the written instructions aren't much help to him, but if he runs into a problem, Dad or Mom is there to help him.
The service from Amazon is fantastic. This is not our only purchase from Amazon and each order was promptly filled and was delivered exactly when they said it would. There is no doubt that there will be many more purchases from Amazon as it is much easier to shop this way. There's no getting out into traffic and having to look for a parking place at the mall. This is my way to shop and if you try it you'll love it too. Thanks to Amazon!!
on December 6, 2011
As you guys know, Samukai is the real 'treasure' in this set. He's only available in the most expensive sets and with Amazon's discount during my purchase, this was a steal to complete our collection. My son and I are huge Ninjago fans (check our website at [...] and our frustration has been the price of the Dark Fortress here in Singapore. I'm so glad to have found the deal here.

The set is great, the turrets are waaay cool and having Garmadon and Samukai in one pack is phenomenal. I still wish the characters are made of the same quality as the normal LEGO figures, the plastic of the Ninjago series is not up to par if you're familiar with LEGO pieces.

Overall a great buy for Xmas
on April 20, 2011
My son has fallen completely in love with the lego ninjas, and he BEGGED me for this set for months! As a surprise I finally broke down and bought it, and he plays with it all the time. There's lots of places for the ninjas to explore, and the jumping spider is really cool.

And the best part? The day he gets completely bored with it is the day we can take it apart and build something of our own imagination. :-)

Legos rule, and this set is well worth the investment.
on June 10, 2017
Bought it for my son he had a great time with it
on December 14, 2012
I bought this for my Nephew for Christmas last year. Of course, you hear nothing of how he enjoyed it until I asked my sister-in-law what he wanted for Christmas this year. She said that he really loved the LEGO Ninjago Garmadon's Dark Fortress you got him last year. He played with it all the time. That made me feel good that he liked what I had bought him and actually played with it. So, now, he wants more Ninjago! I say if they play with it alot, it must be good.
on December 29, 2011
My son received this as a Christmas gidft; he's been asking for it for months.
It is very difficult to keep together. The base plates are in several pieces, so picking it up and transferring it anywhere, makes for a challenge. It is also much smaller than I anticipated it to be. Looking at the box, you'd think it would be a decent size fort, but it's very small.
Overall my son loves it, he just gets frustrated when it falls apart.
on January 2, 2012
This toys instructions make it super simple to put together although my 10 year old did not want to do it by himself. I was disappointed to see that even though there were extras of many of the smaller pieces we were still missing one piece.. For the price we should probably get enough stuff to make two sets!!! When did legos decide to go through the roof anyway? However, boy is super happy.. glad I bought it.
on February 17, 2012
It appears that my boys re-discovered lego's this year.
I had lego's as a child, and had bought them until I was likely 15.
I realize that costs go up over time, but when did lego set's start exceeding 100.00????
I will admit, my son spends hours with these and loves every minute of it. But, aren't we talking about little pieces of plastic that snap together???
Come on' Lego!!! 100.00?????
on January 21, 2012
I have bought my son way too many Lego sets. Lol. Last year we bought the Atlantis Portal. This year it was Garmadons Fortress. The Portal was very large and tons of fun. I had hoped Garmadons Fortress would be just as big but it wasn't. My son still loves it and plays with it tons. Just a little small.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.