Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - Nintendo Wii” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 37% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- Exploration - Players will explore familiar locations filled with interactive LEGO objects and encounter more than 70 memorable characters
- Combat - The LEGO Caribbean is full of danger! Intense sword fighting moves give the LEGO minifigure a brand new pirate flavor
- Puzzles - Players will need all their pirate cunning to find the hidden LEGO treasures and discover the game's many secrets
- Two-Player Co-op - Players can join a friend or family member in the same room for two-player drop-in/drop-out cooperative action
- Freeplay - Building a collection of characters throughout the game, players can then use their distinctive abilities to gain access
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
LEGO® Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game is an action adventure game that brings the Pirates of the Caribbean world and all its colorful characters to life in LEGO Brick form. Players will experience all the memorable scenes from the first three films, as well as those in the upcoming fourth film, "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides," in the humorous and quirky LEGO Video Games style.
About Disney Interactive Studios
Disney Interactive Studios, part of Disney Interactive Media Group, is the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS). Disney Interactive Studios self publishes and distributes a broad portfolio of multi-platform video games and interactive entertainment worldwide. The company also licenses properties and works directly with other interactive game publishers to bring products for all ages to market. Disney Interactive Studios is based in Glendale, California, and has internal development studios around the world. For more information, log on to http://www.disneyinteractivestudios.com.
Top Customer Reviews
In the beginning you start out in the game just as the 1st of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies starts out. You begin playing as Will, in your blacksmith shop making swords. Suddenly Captain Jack Sparrow (Lego version of course) appears and you begin to duel with swords. Each time you accomplish something in the game, or you complete a level, you watch part of the Lego version of the movie. You are actually watching the entire Pirates of the Caribbean movie done with Lego characters.
After you have completed certain areas of the game, Jack is then added to your character wheel of people you can play as in the game. As you go along, more and more characters are added to the wheel. Each level offers something new and it is by no means a game that is so simple it could be completed in a single day. It offers challenges, but is not frustrating. You actually get to play through the whole movie as you go along, so you have an idea from watching the movies what you need to do next. Having the two player option is great and a lot of fun when trying to complete more difficult goals.
While nothing is scary in the game (everyone of course being Legos), they did a tremendous job making the Lego version of the Pirate of the Caribbean just like the original. Very comical and fun to watch, this game was so very much worth the wait and a MUST HAVE for the Lego video game players out there.
Specifically for the Pirates of the Caribbean LEGO game:
- The videos and cut scenes are fun and some are funny, but they feel forced in comparison to the Star Wars and Indiana Jones games. They are still entertaining and I didn't actually buy the game for the videos.
- There are many, many fun items and extras to unlock throughout the game; some give you benefit while playing levels others are just for fun. There is a lot of depth in this game. It would be difficult, though not impossible to beat the entire game in one day.
- The story mode is fluid in each movie; plot points are changed from the actual films, but the license taken isn't annoying.
- Free play mode allows you to switch not just between a limited set of characters (using the "1" and "2" buttons), but between all characters you have unlocked or bought (holding the "C" button down for a few seconds). This is a huge improvement over the Star Wars version where you had to take the right characters into the level, or worse, the Indiana Jones The Adventure Continues game where you had to go find the right characters in the "world" before you could play the level in free play.
- The "world" outside the levels is pretty big and fun to explore. There are items and extras you can only get after reaching a certain level of the game, or by having certain character types unlocked.
Some issues we've noticed:
- The loading screens are designed to look like paper cut-outs. The look works, but it feels wrong in the game, and the motion of the waves gets a little nauseating.
- You have to fight any characters you want to buy into submission before they can be bought.Read more ›
My kids and I have played every Lego Wii game (and have some doubles for PS3). My daughter especially loves the games. Her favorite being the Harry Potter game. Lego POTC starts out nicely, but you are forced to watch the entire beginning, and there are times when you are again forced to watch the animations and are not allowed to move to the actual game. That's a little annoying.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A great addition to the Lego series (I would have liked it to be a little longer, but that is no reason to take a star off). Read morePublished 2 months ago by Krysta
My grandson can't get enough of these! Great price! Great toy!Published 4 months ago by Barbara Garibaldi
As with all Lego games, this is a very funny and entertaining game that rehashes the four Pirates movies in Lego's comedic style.Published 6 months ago by KK Bellingham WA