Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 88 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 104 reviews
on March 18, 2014
I bought this for my son (10 at the time), who is both a Lego and LOTR nut. Good purchase. the build isn't that hard, and there's some fun original pieces. The Cave Troll was a definite hit.

The real fun for him came after it was completed. He had a lot of fun playing with the set; setting up traps, recreating scenes.

In all, a solid seat that treats the subject not as art to be replicated, but as a place to imagine with.
on June 24, 2013
I bought this Lego set for my 8 year old grandson for his birthday. His room is wall to wall Legos and he has a large table set up with his current Lego projects. My daughter is very organized and various Lego pieces are in bins stacked along the walls. All this is to say he is MAJORLY into Legos and has been for at least 3 years. This set was recommended for kids older than my grandson, but he likes a challenge and he is able to do this, but not so fast that he is finished immediately. He specifically wanted to begin a Hobbit Lego collection and was so excited to get this one, bragging to all his friends that this was a present from his grandparents. From my perspective a great gift for a child who is really proficient with Legos and likes a challenge. Have heard no negative comments from him--only positive.
on August 13, 2015
The Mines of Moria is a perfect rendition of the collapsing, run down, stone, mega-structure. Even though the set is small, the feeling of Moria remains. The ruins come apart into smaller sections to allow for different set ups. Some cool features are an exploding tomb, collapsing pillars, hidden treasure, and an exploding wall. A cool addition of a cave troll with posable arms and hands makes the set even better. Cool stickers and decals also make the set seem like an abandoned dwarven kingdom. I was really amazed by this set.
on November 20, 2013
For what I paid for this, it is really a steal compared to what you pay for similar sets. Packaging was not the best though as the box came in partially torn with no cushioning.

The set itself is really nice for the Lord of The Rings Fan, Lego quality is the best and it stands up to par.

The set is the only way to get the Pipin and Boromir mini figures. Gimli and Legolas are also part of the set and it is a welcome addtion in order no to buy Helm's Deep just to complete the fellowship minifigures.
With this set, Weathertop and Shelob's Attack you are almost done. Only Gandalf would be missing and you got plenty of choices for that (as Gandalf arrives for example).
on November 15, 2016
The product was delivered minus all the mini-figures. The company offered a refund upon return, but by then the set had been mostly assembled by the grandchildren and located in the "lego room" where who knew what belonged in the set without tediously sorting and counting.
on April 21, 2013
Not only did this meet my expectations, but garnered the exact "reaction" I was hoping for from my children. I am deployed to Afghanistan and bought this for my three children as a gift to mark the half-way point of my one-year tour. What made it extra-special was that the package arrived while we were "Skyping"....so, I was able to watch them open the box and see the joy on their faces. It was a great experience to say the least! Thank you, Amazon....and also for the reduced price and free shipping!!!!
on December 26, 2012
My 2 grandsons (age 9 and 11) and their uncle (a civil engineer) were all happily occupied with the set and they got busy right after they opened it. They had also got another of the Lord of the Rings sets which they had mostly put together by the time we got there for Christmas lunch. It was challenging to put together, but not too hard or frustrating for them. They were still working on it when we left, so we did not get to see the final result. They are planning on using their Christmas money to purchase the rest of the Lord of the rings set. They have read The Hobbit, so they were familiar with the characters.
on January 24, 2013
this set by far one of the best sets i have ever gotten it is very cool but i wish it had merry but the set is still very cool it comes with alot of weapons every were which i do not like because well there are just things laying around were you can loose them but the overall set is awesome it has many fetures such as pushing a little button and two podiums fall down and pull up a lever and a wall falls and pulling a little thing and a skeleton fall down and i love the minifigures like boromir and legolas they are super cool but boromirs sheild is different than theoden or eomyrs sheildbut overall its awesome
on August 7, 2013
My two sons love Legos and LoTR so I ordered this for my seven-year-old's birthday. I didn't get it ordered as early as I wanted so I told him it wouldn't arrive on his birthday but when we got home from his party it was waiting for us! Thanks for the super fast shipping it made his day!!!
on January 30, 2013
I am glad my boys love lego, because I have grown very fond of it and enjoy helping them build the kits. The guys alone are very exciting: cave troll, 2 orcs,Gimli, Boromir, Peppin, Legolas. Lots of good, unusual weapons. The features of the wall, where you can shoot off bits of it, are very fun. The stickers are really nice. The skeletons, well, they are just super cool. It's a great scene, and after building, we watched this scene from The Fellowship just to re-enjoy it again.