Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 181 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 209 reviews
on January 23, 2013
(Mom is typing what son is saying. Please excuse my spelling. I'm not really a STAR WARS person -- but my kids are!)

ok. This skiff has a small box in the center. Lift the top off and you will find two blaster pistols. There is one for the pirate and one for Boba. Plus there is a black light saber hilt. Also, Luke has a green light saber.

The sarlaac actually swallows a minifig (Boba Fett, of course!). (See photos!)

R2-D2 is not included.

The plank swings out from underneath the skiff. There is a space for a minifig's feet to stand there. On the opposite side, the skiff has a missile.

Lando Calrissian is also included.

That's it. It doesn't take very long to make. Look up our photos in customer images. The best part is the sarlaac's mouth opens and closes.

You can act out the whole scene!
review image review image review image review image
on August 28, 2012
Strictly speaking, a good Lego set will be about .07 or .08 a piece. An average of .10 a piece isn't bad and the de facto norm among those of us who refuse to acknowledge adulthood as a mandate to stop playing with Legos. :) I generally give Star Wars sets a little more leeway depending on the minifigures... let's face it, that's what really makes these sets exciting! I mean, sure I like building spaceships, but it's the characters in those ships that are the driving force. Slave 1, for example, without Boba Fett wouldn't be nearly as exciting.

So while this set tends to run a little over the 10 cent average (typically around $25 for a 213 piece set), you get Jedi Luke (in the all black garb as is appropriate for the scene) and Boba Fett. The coolest part, however, is easily the Sarlacc. The pictures don't do it justice, it really is a very cool looking Lego construction. Of the people I showed my final build to, some commented "oh, cool, Luke" or "oh cool, Boba Fett", but literally everyone commented on how awesome the Sarlacc looks on display. The other minifigs (including Lando in disguise) and the skiff itslf are frosting on the cake. If you are buying the Jabba's Palace set or already have the Jabba's Sail Barge (very hard to find brand new now without dropping several hundred dollars), this purchase is practically mandatory, especially if you really want to display or re-enact a full Return of the Jedi Tatooine scene.

I am personally hoping they rerelease the Sail Barge and maybe release the Jabba's Palace musicians or a Rancor Pit to build onto the Palace!

Edit 3-5-2013: A few changes have taken place since I wrote this review.

- Rancor Pit has been released! (Yay!)

- The price has dropped a bit, usually teetering between $17-20 or so, making this an even better bargain.

Edit 9-8-2014

As this set has been retired, the costs have gone up significantly as they are now being sold my third parties. My initial review was relevant when it was still widely available. Unless you're just trying to complete a collection, there are better Lego buys now.
on November 25, 2012
I have fond childhood memories of the opening sequence to Return of the Jedi; it was the best. Imagine my joy when I found out that LEGO would be releasing sets based on Jaba's palace and the desert skiff scene.

This set is a lot of fun. It's not very difficult to build but it is very unique. There are two parts to this set, the desert skiff and the sarlacc pit. The sarlacc pit is very basic but cool none-the-less. My one complaint is that the "teeth" around the mouth are very small and do not stay in place very well.

As for the skiff, again, it is pretty simple to build but includes enough little extras (such as the plank, adjustable wings, missiles, and clear stands) that put it over the top in the "awesome" department.

The set also includes four minifigs: Luke, Boba Fett, one of Jaba's goons (sorry, never knew his name), and Lando. Let me repeat... Lando. Billy Dee Williams in LEGO form. Sold!
on September 11, 2013
And the reason why that's so is because:
1) There are four figures including Boba Fett and Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight.
2) The Sarlacc is able to fit an entire minifigure.
3) Stop Motion movie makers, this set is for you. You are able to recreate the Desert Skiff scene from Return of the Jedi.
4) This set has many pieces
5) It was a big improvement to the Desert Skiff made in 2000.
The only downside is that the model falls apart easily. This is highly reccomended.
on June 8, 2017
I love this Lego
on March 30, 2013
WOW this set is amazing for the price you pay. I have Jabba's Sail barge a older set and it came with a Skiff. I compared the Skiff's plus both sets Sarlaac Pit monster and this new Skiff beats it plus the new Sarlaac is much larger and much better. The new minifigs plus the newly improved Boba compared to the old is just plain awesome. Price for set is just right and very awesome. Not sure if the new Jabba's barge is going to compare to the old but I will have to pick it up and compare that also. 5/5 stars. recommend!
on May 27, 2013
I love how Lego Star Wars makes make minfigs of people and aliens that are not recognize in the movie.That is what they did in this set with kithaba . I love the minfigs. Luke is great I love his dark green saber. Boba Fett is the greatest I love his new toroso and legs. I also like his helmet. Kithaba has an awesome face. Lando helmet is the coolest it looks like the one from the movie. The set is really detailed. It features should of been in the movie. Same thing with the pit..
on April 3, 2014
My son doesnt really enjoy putting the lego sets together just yet (he is 5yrs) but he does love playing with them. So usually it is up to me to put these things together, and this one was definatley one of the easiest and most simple to understand.
Also, for the price it is unbeatable. Yea we could have spent 300$ on a star ship something or other, but this is well within our price range and we just as much fun (if not more) than any star ship we overpaid.
Enthusiast: Star WarsVINE VOICEon September 10, 2012
Most all Lego sets are great-but what you pay for them is always the key. Are you getting a good value? The 5 stars here goes for an excellent value with a NEW Boba Fett minifig, NEW Lando in Skiff Guard Costume, NEW Kithaba Figure and Luke Skywalker in Jedi Outfit. To go along with that, you also get an updated Skiff with retractable plank and a Sarlacc Pit said skiff can hover over. The skiff also has some clear circular pieces on the bottom so that it can display easily.

The Sarlacc Pit is quite basic and not as detailed as the one that can with Jabba's Sail Barge, but it's nice that it's included and tough to argue for the price. The high quality of the minifigs and the fact that 3 of the 4 are very key "Playable" Characters is really the key. If you have a child that likes Star Wars and are looking for something to give them a thrill on a budget, I can see hours of fun with this one.
on March 10, 2013
Another LEGO Star Wars kit added to my six year old's ever expanding collection. My son was able to put most of this together on his own, with just a little help from me. Part of it was that he started growing impatient with how long it was taking him to assemble. But hey, for each piece he assembled, it was one less piece to irritate my thumbs with. It stays together better than the average LEGO kit, and he loves playing with the Sarlacc the best.