Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Amazon.com Product Description
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars is an Action-Adventure game that builds on the long recognized family-friendly fun and quality gameplay that is the hallmark of the LEGO video game franchise. The game features fan favorite scenes from Star Wars: The Clone Wars and seasons 1 and 2 of the hit animated TV series, all retold using the easy to pick up and block oriented LEGO video game play mechanics. Additional features include: new characters and combat abilities, 2 player support with split screen, 16 different systems to explore, massive ground battles and more.
20 Story-Based Missions and 40 Bonus Levels
The beloved and critically acclaimed LEGO Star Wars franchise is back and coming to homes around the world in 2011. The third sequel, LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, combines the epic stories and iconic characters from the Star Wars universe and hit animated TV series Star Wars: The Clone Wars with all new gameplay features.
Players will enjoy brand new game mechanics allowing them to create, control and explore in a galaxy far, far away like never before. Promising breathtaking visuals as well as new characters and levels, the game also features the signature tongue-in-cheek humor from the LEGO universe. With over 20 story-based missions and 40 bonus levels spanning the entire Clone Wars era, LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars will allow fans to explore endlessly and laugh their way through the Star Wars galaxy in the most humorous, accessible and action-packed LEGO game to date.
Key Game Features
- New Story - For the first time, players will experience their favorite stories from Star Wars: The Clone Wars, retold in the amazing LEGO world that fans know and love.
- Massive Ground Battles – Brand new to the LEGO Star Wars experience, players will take control of battalions of clone troopers against the relentless droid army - building bases, deploying vehicles and calling in reinforcements to defeat opponents.
- SceneSwap – Authentic to the Star Wars experience, a new feature allows players to take control of multiple teams in separate locations. Working together to complete various objectives, players will control each team through the press of a button, while playing in single player or in multiplayer co-op modes.
- All New Boss Battles – For the first time in the LEGO Star Wars franchise, fans will fight against massive bosses as seen in The Clone Wars animated series, including Gor, the epic Zillo Beast and many other favorites.
- Multi-Layered Space Battles – Players will be able to take off in their favorite ships to navigate and fly through multi-layered combat throughout the galaxy.
- New Combat Abilities – Characters will have more dynamic moves allowing players greater freedom to battle their opponents. Characters will also have new lightsaber abilities including Lightsaber Cutting, Lightsaber Throwing, and Lightsaber Climbing. The game will also feature new grappling abilities allowing players to climb their way through puzzles and defeat enemies.
- Explore the Galaxy – Players will be able to explore exotic locations in a variety of ships throughout 16 different star systems. Fans will play as villainous separatists, the noble Republic heroes or even as bounty hunters, tracking down characters across the galaxy.
- Expanded Force Abilities – Using the Force in all new ways to control LEGO objects, players will solve puzzles, access new areas, pick up and throw enemies - even turning them into weapons.
- Brand New Clone Weapons, Vehicles and Characters – New clone weapons including rapid fire guns and rocket launchers, as well as all new massive capital ships to explore, such as Anakin Skywalker's flagship the Resolute and Grievous' devastating warship, the Malevolence. Players will also navigate through the galaxy in new vehicles such as the Republic gunship, Clone Turbo Tank and even Anakin's Jedi Intercepter and the Twilight. Fans will also discover their favorite classic characters such as Darth Vader, Chewbacca and Luke Skywalker.
- Puzzle Solving – The game will feature all new puzzles that reward creative thinking through the use of teamwork and unique building situations only possible in a LEGO galaxy far, far away.
- All New Lighting and Animations – A brand new engine brings characters to life, giving players a whole new level of control in a vibrant environment, unlike anything ever seen before in a LEGO game.
- Split Screen – Improved dynamic split screen for multiplayer co-op with jump in/jump out abilities for friends and families to play together.
Fan favorite storylines.
All-new boss battles.
Multi-layered space combat.
Top Customer Reviews
Don't worry, The Game play is the same as in the previous Lego Star Wars Games with new features to include scenarios in which players can command large armies of clones to battle against droid armies, and Story Swap mode, in which players can switch between two characters in different areas whose stories run simultaneously. The game includes split screen combat. All new character features include lightsaber throwing, lightsaber slicing, picking up droids and stepping on certain pads in which Jedi do "combo moves" to destroy certain objects. Vehicle levels have been upgraded slightly: now, players can land their ship and begin fighting on foot. All the original elements in previous Lego Star Wars games have returned. The classic "hub" has also been changed, taking place in a Republic Cruiser named the Resolute, allowing the characters to explore all the parts of the Star Wars galaxy.Read more ›
The graphics are notably better in this installment. It comes at the expense of heftier system requirements, so be sure to check them beforehand.
This title is in the same company as some of the better Lego games. This is no Lego Indy 2.
The hub world is nowhere near as confusing as Lego Harry Potter.
Some people have complained that the puzzles are ambiguous. I didn't feel it was too bad, as each Lego title has a few ambiguous moments here or there. I will say that there were moments where I felt cheated after looking up a solution online - like one case where all the doors on one wall don't open so you make the assumption that none of them do, but it turns out one does and is required for level progression. There's no visual cue to let you know that the one door is different from the other, so sometimes you'll backtrack or get "stuck" until you happen upon the one door in the background that opens. I don't know why they didn't color the door differently or just have the door open automatically once allowed to progress. Other sticking points are cases where you have to perform character specific tasks in a certain order, but those can typically be worked out.
I hit a few bugs in this title, at least more than in other Lego games. No crashes, but failed scripted events which halted progress. In every case the solution was to exit and replay the level from the beginning.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
After playing the previous games i just got bored with this one.
Too easy/infinite lifes
Same boring missions
New missions that were awefully dull & boring
Fun and age appropriate game for young children: my 5 year old was able to pick up the game play after 1-2 days and could handle most of the missions as long as I read the cues to... Read morePublished 19 months ago by brucesalter
If you're a Star Wars and PC fan you need this game !!!. I collect Star Wars games for PC and I loved this one.Published 20 months ago by Kirk Steinklauber