LEGO TECHNIC Porsche 911 GT3 RS 42056
|Price:||$299.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Features authentically designed aerodynamic bodywork, adjustable rear spoiler, headlights and taillights, red suspension springs, original-design rims with RS emblem, detailed brake calipers, low-profile tires
- Also features working gearbox, working steering wheel with gearshift paddles, detailed seating, glove compartment with unique model serial number, opening doors, opening hood containing a suitcase, and an opening rear lid with detailed flat 6 engine
- Includes a special full-color collector's book including the history of LEGO Technic and Porsche GT cars, plus comprehensive building instructions
- Includes a collection of authentic stickers and is delivered in luxurious box packaging
- Porsche 911 GT3 RS measures over 6" (17cm) high, 22" (57cm) long and 9" (25cm) wide
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
LEGO Technic Porsche
- Porsche 911 GT3 RS measures over 6” (17cm) high, 22” (57cm) long and 9” (25cm) wide.
- This set includes over 2,700 pieces.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 16+.
- This LEGO Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewardin g building experience.
Discover the iconic Porsche 911 GT3 RS!
Experience the iconic Porsche 911 GT3 RS with this authentic LEGO Technic replica. Inside the box you'll discover a special collector's book chronicling the history of LEGO Technic and Porsche GT cars, together with 4 original-design rims bearing the RS emblem. The sets of elements are boxed, and the building sequence gives an insight into the real-life vehicle's assembly process. The model features detailed, orange bodywork, red suspension springs, detailed headlights, taillights, brake calipers and rims with low-profile tires. The accessible cockpit features a detailed dashboard, working gearbox, steering wheel with gearshift paddles, racing seats and a glove compartment containing a unique serial number. Functions include opening doors and hood with storage compartment and suitcase, and an opening rear lid that houses a detailed flat 6 engine with moving pistons. This 1:8 scale model has been designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- Includes a special full-color collector's book including the history of LEGO Technic and Porsche GT cars, plus comprehensive building instructions.
Celebrate innovative engineering and design from one of the world's leading car manufacturers with this stunning LEGO Technic model. Developed in partnership with Dr. ING. H.C.F. Porsche AG, this elegantly packaged LEGO Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS with its sleek aerodynamic lines, adjustable rear spoiler and orange bodywork is packed with authentic features and functions that capture the magic of the iconic supercar, and the attention to detail is clear from the outset! Open the doors and you'll discover an elaborate cockpit with racing seats, working gearbox, steering wheel with gearshift paddles, detailed dashboard and a glove compartment containing a unique serial number. Lift the rear lid and you'll have access to a detailed flat 6 engine with moving pistons, while under the hood you'll find a storage area with suitcase. Red suspension springs, detailed brake calipers and original-design rims with special low-profile road-gripping tires add the final touches to this magnificent model!
By LEGO Technic
Top Customer Reviews
First - the box. The cardboard is thick, the box has a top and bottom (two parts), and a large vibrant picture of the model. When you open the box, you do not find a sea of plastic bags as with other Lego sets. Instead, you find four numbered boxes, four special edition wheels nestled in their own cutouts in a cardboard insert, and a large manual bearing only the Porsche logo on the cover. The manual itself is nice enough to be a coffee table book.
Each of the numbered boxes has the bags for different segments of the build. And even the numbered boxes themselves are nice thick cardboard.
Next- the manual. With almost 600 pages with close to 900 steps, the manual is huge. There are pictures of the real GT3 RS and a history of the car at the front of the book, similar to what Lego does with its Architecture sets. The manual has a thin cardstock cover, and again looks great.
Now- the build. I have built a number of Technic sets including the Enzo (8653), but none come close to this build, especially if you are a car fan. The build itself really mimics the process of building a car. You start with the chassis, then build the transmission, then build the engine and connect to the chassis. The mechanics of this set are amazing, especially the transmission. You then begin building the car frame separately, and eventually "marry" the body to the chassis. Then you add the rest of the body panels, complete the interior instruments and trim, and finally add the wheels. Only a set with this many pieces and this much detail can really capture the feeling of building a miniature version of the car, rather than just building a toy.
The bittersweet part - this model is so thorough and complete, that it includes paneling on the underside of the car, and panels that eventually conceal the transmission and almost all of the engine. Indeed, once you finish the model, you cannot marvel at the mechanics behind the paneling. So, take your time to build this set and really enjoy the mechanics inside it. That said, you can still get some glimpses of the shifting linkages for the transmission.
At $299 MSRP, I think this set is really a great deal. Lego made a number of new pieces for this set, including new and exclusive wheels. There are also some printed pieces in the set (and some stickers too). The packing for this set is very unique and impressive. Lego really pulled out all the stops for this set. Get it, take your time to build it and enjoy the build, and then marvel at this amazing set.
I'm adding photos so you can see the steps, from opening each of the 4 boxes, and the manual for it is well over an inch (2.5 cm) thick.