Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
LEGO Technic Rally Car 42077 Building Kit (1005 Pieces) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Educational Objective(s)||Creative Thinking|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||18.9 x 11.1 x 4.65 inches|
|Number of Pieces||1005|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Build Rally Car model with working steering and suspension, large rear spoiler, 6-spoke red rims with low-profile tires, opening hood and rear hatch, and a V6 engine with moving pistons!
- This 2-in-1 LEGO Technic model rebuilds into a Buggy
- Rally Car measures over 9-inch (24cm) high, 16-inch (42cm) long and 8-inch (21cm) wide Buggy measures over 6-inch (16cm) high, 14-inch (36cm) long and 8-inch (22cm) wide
- 1005 pieces – For boys and girls between the ages of 10 and 16
- LEGO Technic 2-in-1 building sets are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Enter the world of rally driving
This model gives you a realistic experience in rally racing.
Build and race like a champion
Build an advanced LEGO Technic Rally Car and rebuild into a Buggy.
LEGO Technic Rally Car
Under the rear hatch is a V6 engine with moving pistons.
Build a working steering system.
Tough, robust working suspension.
Open the doors to access the cockpit, complete with racing seats and a red roll cage.
Beneath the hood, you’ll find a two-fan engine cooling system.
Details include four spot lamps and large six-spoke rims with low-profile, road-gripping tires.
Rebuild into a high-speed Buggy
This is a 2-in-1 model set for an extra challenge.
Discover awesome detail and design with this amazing 2-in-1 LEGO Technic 42077 Rally Car model, featuring sporty blue, white, red and black bodywork with racing stickers, large rear spoiler, 4 spot lamps and 6-spoke red rims with low-profile tires. This advanced builder set also features a detailed cockpit with racing seats and roll cage, 2-fan engine cooling system, opening hood and rear hatch, and a V6 engine with moving pistons. Rebuild the Rally Car to create a Buggy for a double build and play experience.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I enjoyed building the kit. I had a few struggles.
1) I had a difficult time distinguishing the blue and black pieces in the instructions. Early in construction I hit a frustrating wall when looking for a particular black piece. When I mentioned my difficulty to someone, they were able to point out my error - the part I was looking for is actually blue!
2) 3/4's of the way through, I found my kit was missing all of a certain piece. The replacement was easy to order from the Lego website, but it took several weeks to receive and I had to stop building to wait for it.
3) There seems to be a minor design defect with the rear axle. It appears to be slightly too short. If you put any pressure on the rear of the car, the wheels tend to pop off. Reattaching them is a little tricky, you need to reach inside to grasp the wheel coupling with tweezers or pointy pliers to keep it from slipping inward in order to press the wheel back on.
Other than these few small problems, the kit went together in a way that was fun and challenging! I really enjoyed it!
Second: It can easily be converted to an RC with the lego power sets (sold separately)
Third: there THREE alternative builds for this set. A sunny buggy and a hot rod. So far, my fave technic set ever. Worth every penny.
Knob on top steers front wheels.
Doors, trunk, and hood open.
The motor pistons move and are driven by the rear wheels as the car is pushed.
That is a 90's G.I. Joe driving for scale.(G.I. Joe not included)
At $100-plus I think it's too expensive for the amount of pieces you actually get, but it looks awesome when built.
Unfortunately, it's one of those Lego builds you don't want to take apart once built; great for those whose main objective is to build something and then just look at it, but my son likes to build other stuff with the pieces and as an adult, it's really difficult to watch him take it apart to put the other pieces on other builds.
I'd say this is more for adults who like to admire their creations than kids who just wanna play using their creative senses about things.
I give it a 4 star for the awesomeness that it is, but not 5 because the price.
Top reviews from other countries
Simplemente genial y mucho más grande de lo que esperaba, la dificultad de armado no es excesiva pero sí muy ilustrativa respecto del funcionamiento de un vehículo de este tipo.
Sin duda el mejor modelo que he armado hasta ahora.
It is quite big in size and it's functions are realistic.
There are instructions and tutorials on line on how to turn this kit into a remote control rally car which makes the experience even better.
Would definitely recommend it for the age group between 10-12 years old.