Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 12, 2015
33 year old, dedicated gamer.... I had doubts when I first purchased this. Looked like another game that I would beat in 48 hours. However, I like to get away from the adult games sometimes and play something more innocent. I am SO glad I purchased this game. I have been playing it for weeks! There is so much to do... so many places to travel... and so many characters to use. I am a huge Tolkien fan... this game follows right along with the movie, and I loved being in their world!

This is definitely not just a child's game... for anybody who loves an adventure... this is a great investment. I want a sequel!!!
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on January 25, 2016
Initially I didn't care for this game at all, it's slightly complicated with its approach towards forging items, collecting loot, finding characters and tracking down the red bricks. However, after the first few levels and completion of story mode, I have to say it's one of the best Lego games. Free roam keeps you busy and free play is great once you unlock the characters. My ONE huge complaint is you have to turn on the red bricks each time you play, which is super annoying when you forget and play an entire level with no mini kit and mithril brick detectors or stud multipliers. Otherwise glitches are minimal unlike some of the others, batman being the worst!
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on April 29, 2014
+ Gorgeous graphics
+ Funny cutscenes
+ Character variety
+ Amount of main missions and sidequests
+ Fun missions
+ Tauriel, my wife

- It follows the story well, but sometimes leaves out important parts. The story can be disjointed.
- Minor bugs. One bug that can be deadly. Some common bugs I've experience were characters being stuck and me having to restart from the last checkpoint. Sometimes when I used a statue to save my checkpoint and play later, it doesn't really save. I come back later to realize I have to restart the whole chapter. The deadly bug is that once you complete a whole chapter and are about to go into another, the screen goes black and freezes. You then have to go to the dashboard and force quit the game. Once you go back on the game, you have to replay that whole chapter again. This only happened to me once throughout the game.

If I had to rate the game, I would give it an 8/10. Great first Lego game and I'm a big Middle-Earth fan.
on June 9, 2014
And this one is fun. It is a little more challenging than some of the others I've played, but it is just as much fun. I have played almost all of the previous Lego games and am still looking forward to more. I know they are considered to be for children but I find them a great source of relaxing game play. And busting up stuff relieves frustrations!

The graphics in this game are beautiful and although I finished the Lego Movie game in just a few weeks, I'm still at only 54% on this one, even though I have completed all of the missions in story mode. If you liked previous Lego games, you will love this one.
on August 31, 2014
I love Lego video games, so I'm always happy to play a new one. This one was fun, but it seemed a little less thought-out than other Lego games. There were times when the mechanics in the game just got in the way and made the game-play less fun, and it was a little buggy. Also seems odd that they released this before the third movie came out, which makes me wonder if I'll have to download more content to play the last movie.
on February 22, 2017
Another good game from TT. The game itself has locked up on us a handful of times. Unfortunately this seems to be the way of the world now. Games are released before they are fully tested. SAD.
on May 9, 2016
I enjoyed this game, my one complaint is that they didn't finish with the Battle of Five Armies and don't sound like they plan to. Lego Lord of The Rings is still my favorite Lego game though I hope one day they will come out with a complete saga with the Lord of The Rings and Hobbit like they did with Star Wars. That would be awesome! You would get to traverse through pretty much all of Middle-Earth since the Hobbit takes place mainly in the north and the Lord of The Rings takes place mainly in the south.

Anyways back to the game itself, they added some cool new aspects like the buddy up system and the Eagle traverse is cool. and like with the Lord of The Rings game the background graphics are amazing for a Lego game!
on April 29, 2015
At 34 years old I have enjoyed all of the lego games and they keep getting better with time. It is one of the few games that I can play with my kids and everyone has a good time. This game follows the movie pretty close through the story mode, but it adds the fun and comedy that only Lego can provide.
on May 4, 2017
I have given 5 Stars to EVERY Lego Game I've ever bought.Let me tell you why Lego The Hobbit only gets 3.

I would like to start off by saying that I realize there is only one book. I understand that a lot of the plot laid out in The Hobbit movies was taken from The Silmarillion, and other J.R. Tolkien stories. With that being said, this game was based on the movies. This is what leads me to my 2 Star review.

I am a BIG LOTR fan, so of course I had seen all these movies, and of course I had pre-ordered this game when it came out (originally for Xbox 360). The game was released in April 2014, just shy of 8 months before the 3rd movie (Battle of Five Armies) was released. It was rumored that there were only supposed to be 2 Hobbit movies, and that somehow screwed the game development all up. I don't know. I don't really care. Because of this, only the first 2 movies were incorporated into this game.

After the third movie was released, I started looking into when the last edition of The Hobbit would be available for purchase. I was starting to get mad at myself for paying FULL price, for 2/3 of a game. But I love Lego games, so I was able to brush it off most of the time.

Then came the news that EA had no plans to release an expansion. No additional disc, no DLC.

WOW. EA abandoned this game, for more important things.

Because of this, I'm giving this game as many stars, as I got movies.

It's a shame. This game has some really cool scenes. My favorite is riding the barrels out of Mirkwood and mollywhomping orcs with Bomber. I ended up repurchasing this game when I got an Xbox One, and every time I arrive in Laketown, I curse EA under my breath.
on May 16, 2014
The game is a lot of fun for the family and especially younger gamers. I just wish they could have gotten rid of the glitches. The game will occasionally freeze requiring you to restart. When gathering loot be sure to save often because a glitch will cause you to lose it all.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.