Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LEGO Ninjago #4: Tomb of the Fangpyre
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

on October 8, 2012
The title of my review is a quote from my 8-year old son. We are a family of readers and being the youngest he was used to being read to. It has been challenging to find books that he will read on his own. I came across James Patterson's Read-Kiddo-Read website and he recommended NOT discounting graphic novels (which I had kind of been doing - guilty of that mindset that they are "not real books"). Any reading is reading and if it's a graphic novel that engages your child that's great. That being said, my son loves this entire series. The graphics are vibrant and exciting and the stories keep him enthralled. For being part of a Lego line of toys these books impress. In fact, they stand alone. We didn't even know about the toys until after we'd read the second book (and we don't own any of the toys - the books didn't make him think he had to have any stuff). Apparently there is also a tv series. We have not seen this so I cannot comment on how the books might line up with that.
on December 23, 2012
My first grader was a more reluctant reader than his older sister; however, once he discovered the graphic novel genre, he was hooked. What boy doesn't like Legos and ninjas? This series combines the two. I'm a high school English teacher that knows the importance of getting kids hooked on reading while they're young (since few students read by the time they get to me). This series will engage your young reader. (This series caters to male readers, but our third grade daughter has enjoyed them all, too!) My favorite element to these books is that they use a much larger vocabulary than the traditional early readers, so my son is actually ahead of where he is expected to be in reading at school.
on February 11, 2013
WE loved the series on TV. WE both continue to love the books! The Graphic Novels are AWESOME! And that is being said from my (mother) opinion. Will continue on until we own the complete set. What is also great is that some of the content is behind what we saw on the sereies so you are getting another look at what was going on and added content. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent.
on July 1, 2013
My Sons love these books, read like comics and are entertaining. My 5 year old and 8 year old both like these books. Entertaining and a quick 30 min read together. 8 year old can read them on his own.
on December 22, 2012
I bought this book for my nephew for Christmas. He is really into the whole ninjago thing and he loves to read. He already has a couple of these books and said he would love to have more of them. I know he will enjoy them!
on December 2, 2012
my 9 year old started liking the ninjago toys first, and then after reading the ninjago comics, he grew to like the toys even more! don't know if that's a good thing or not?! ;) the quality of this comic is good though, colorful glossy pages throughout. he gives this book a 5 star as he thinks it's the best among the 5 comics so far!
on December 26, 2012
My son loves these graphic novels, and I love seeing him excited about reading. However, as in past books the print is so small both of us find them difficult to read. Especially for new readers, the font needs to come up at least 2 pts to be moderately legible.
on November 20, 2012
I had reviewed some other books for Papercutz, but didn't even know this line existed. When it showed up unexpectedly on my doorstep, my 8 1/2 year old Ninjago fan was beyond excited, and quickly read it and then continued to gravitate towards it for multiple re-reads. I tried to read Tomb of the Fangpyre and did get through it, but honestly, my mind couldn't keep up with the story, not because of the complexity, but because of my lack of LEGO Ninja knowledge and interest.

There are multiple squares per page, so though it's a short book, the story isn't short and simple. The drawings are great and the colors are bright.

Highly recommend for Ninjago fans, and it might convince a non-reader that reading is an okay thing :)
on February 22, 2013
my children love lego ninja go and they love to read the books and this one is a great storyteller book. We all love the fun and advanturous stories. thanks for the super fast delivery.
on March 31, 2013
He loved getting this for Christmas as part of his Lego Ninjago collection. I have not read it myself but he was very happy to get it.