Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on November 1, 2013
Pleased with this unit. We process our own game and fish and after our foodsaver gave out we decided to try a commercial type sealer. So far have done 1/2 an elk and the unit preformed well. We haven't tried the LEM bags that were provided with the unit but they seem really heavy duty. We have been using up our foodsaver rolls and they work just fine with the unit. The seal that this unit makes on the bags is wider than the foodsaver, which is a good thing.
ONE THING TO NOTE: When sealing(not Vacuuming) the bottom of a bag off a roll you use the manual seal button, the unit needs to sense that there is a seal before it will make a seal. You need to push down on the lid so it can start to vacuum before the heating element will seal the bottom of the bag. Hold the lid down throughout the manual seal process. Once the bottom is sealed and you put the food in the bag you just push the start button and hold the lid down till it starts to suck the air out then it will finish without any pressure on the lid. Wait for the vacuuming to stop and the unit will release the pressure(the lid will pop up a little) then you can pull the sealed and Vacuumed bag out. Recommend this product.
on September 18, 2013
I had purchased the Foodsaver brand to repackage my items that I buy in bulk. After using it three times it began to fail so I went online to find a better brand. Once I read the reviews for the Lem vacuum sealer I decided to give it a try. It was twice the price but after using the Lem I realized I really hadn't been sealing my foods. The Lem seals so much better, not only does it vacuum better it is a much quicker process. We just bought a side of beef and it never failed to provide a perfect vacuum seal every time. Buy it I can bet you won't ever by another brand.
on September 28, 2013
This vacuum sealer is replacing yet another Tilia Foodsaver that quit on me.
I have bought 6 Foodsavers over the years and without fail...they all quit if you use them very much.
So far, this sealer feels and acts like it will last a long time.
It works with your leftover Fooodsaver bags so you can help recoup some of the expense of this new one.
In all fairness, while this machine costs more, it is easily going to be the last one you will have to buy verses buying a new Foodsaver every couple of years. Foodsavers aren't that much cheaper.
Highly recommended!
on May 4, 2015
This is a awesome vacuum sealer. It is the older model but still works great. My wife uses it all the time. It is on her counter top ready to use. The secret to a good seal is the width of the seal. This one is wide.
on November 11, 2013
I just used mine for the first time heavily to package up a 850 lb steer and it kept up and never overheated! I kept waiting for it to need a rest and cool down but it sealed and sealed. I am sorry I did not buy it last year now.
on January 16, 2016
Upgraded to this model after burning out several popular consumer models. Allows production style sealing at home.
on June 2, 2014
I recently purchased this and was confused as to what model I was getting. The SRP of $449 advertised by Amazon is incorrect for this model. The correct SRP is $369.99, according to LEM web catalog. I sent Amazon a email explaining this with a request to refund me the difference. Within an hour I had a reply that they were going to credit my card back for the difference of $71.30! I give Amazon 5 stars for their prompt correction of this issue.
Now the product review:
Unit was received within 2 days, in excellent condition. Setup was quick and easy. As advertised, this is a tank. Stainless steel construction, hefty and seems to be very well built. I did a batch of jerky sticks as my first trial of this unit, sealing approximately 25 bags. In addition, I took a roll of food saver bags and sealed a bunch to bags. This unit did this flawlessly! It is also very fast compared to the Food Saver model (you can read my review of this product from my profile) that I just trashed. The cycle time on this unit is approx. 10 seconds, which is about 3 times faster "when" the food saver worked" cycle.
With this unit, to seal a bag you need to put a slight downward pressure on the lid, which is no big deal, but with the new model the lid is weighted and not necessary. Also the new unit allows you to manually control the vaccuum time extending it, which might be a good feature for doing liquids like soup.
Overall, I'm very impressed with this unit as it is definately commercial grade quality.
on February 19, 2013
I have been using sealers for some time. Foodsaver was really the only product I could find. Great units, but when I used them for packing up large quantities of meat, fish, etc., I was burning them out on a regular basis. Wow, I have been using my new MaxVac Vacuum Sealer from LEM and it has been awesome!! Very fast, powerful, and easy to use. I love the fact it comes with a 2 yr warranty, I like it when a company backs up their product. I can see why though, I let my buddies use the sealer to pack up 4 deer they killed the last week of AL deer season. They ran it for over 7 hrs nonstop packing up their sausage, jerky, and hamburger. When I got it back, it does not even looked like they used it. I used it the next day to put up 98 Crappies we caught in my lake. Did a great job vacuuming and sealing up my fish, sure beats the Ziplocks.... Great product, I strongly recommend this sealer, fantastic product.
on December 4, 2014
New item received in perfect condition. Thank you!
on January 4, 2014
Ordered this in April eagerly anticipating the upcoming deer season, went to use it, it didn't work! Wouldn't vacuum and reset button didn't work. Since there is a warranty on the sealer I contacted customer service for instructions on how to get a replacement. The first customer service rep was very short with me...borderline rude. I called back a few days later and spoke with a rep that was much more helpful. They sent a box with a return label for me to send unit back. I sent unit back and tracked it with delivery to them on 12/23. They did not even have my return beginning to be processed until 12/31 and now I get a message that it is in service department for inspection/repair??????? What the heck needs to be serviced? Unit was defective and I explained in a return email I would like a NEW unit not a repaired or serviced unit. In addition, I now am expected to wait as they are delayed due to holidays? What holiday? They didn't even process my return until AFTER the holidays!! They are so appreciative of my patience....do I have a choice? They are going to address my repair as soon as possible? It is now 5 days after I sent email requesting a new unit not a repaired one and no response to my email as of yet. I hope this is not the customer service I can continue to expect for a unit that is supposed to be "top of the line".....still waiting

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.