Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on December 1, 2005
...and I'm a fan, but I still can't recommend it (to US customers, at least). As a convert from a centrifugal juicer, I'm more than pleased with the amount and quality of juice that I've gotten from the Visor. It runs quietly and doesn't create too much friction which would warm and spoil the juice, and it also assembles, disassembles and cleans up easily.

I have only made juice and frozen banana "ice cream" with it (yummy!), so I can't speak for the pasta attachments or anything else. I do think it could have been designed better -- the catch bowls aren't terribly efficient, pulp does tend to drop into the juice bowl and if you don't line them both up just right you get juice all over the counter, and the juice bowl/cup is tough to pour from -- but I've gotten used to them and they suffice. The quality of the juice and ease of cleaning are my main concerns, and these are both more than satisfactory.

The reason I can't recommend the Visor is the lack of customer support. About two years after my initial purchase, I needed to replace the strainer (due to a design flaw, in my opinion) and it took me more than six months to track down a US distributor that could send me one. Now, almost three years later, I am again in need of a replacement part. The distributor I used previously has vanished, and all contact information I find for L'Equip in the US leads me to dead end after dead end. I'm now trying to contact UK distributors. This all speaks well for the motor, which lives up to its six year warranty, having lasted just fine through five years of moderate use, but the plastic parts wear out more quickly and inevitably need to be replaced. If you live in the US and would rather not trash a perfectly good juicer motor in a couple years because you can't replace one simple plastic part or another, I recommend you look elsewhere.

Shame.

*UPDATE*
9/23/08 If you currently own a Visor and need parts, they are available from the Kitchen Resource website. There's no parts info on the site, and I got a bit of a runaround trying to contact anyone, but once I got ahold of the right people they were quite courteous and my replacement arrived quickly.
As for the juicer, it is still performing well. Even with the hassles I've had with parts, I will miss it when the motor finally goes (although it shows no signs of slowing down yet!).
on November 24, 2009
So NONE of this is the seller's fault. We didn't do enough research on what it was made of. After it was ordered and received, we opened the box to see that the manual says the grinding screw is made from melamine. Melamine is a very dangerous plastic. Here's a quote from wikipedia,

"Melamine is described as being "Harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Chronic exposure may cause cancer or reproductive damage. Eye, skin and respiratory irritant." [12] U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) scientists explained that when melamine and cyanuric acid are absorbed into the bloodstream, they concentrate and interact in the urine-filled renal microtubules, then crystallize and form large numbers of round, yellow crystals, which in turn block and damage the renal cells that line the tubes, causing the kidneys to malfunction.[13]"

This stuff is VERY TOXIC and I wouldn't want my fresh fruits and vegetables ground up with something made from melamine.
Don't give your money to a company that is selling you something that will poison you.
Do your research people, and VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.