Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 1, 2016
Really nice entry level 4k monitor. I was a bit hesitant to buy this one because of the lack of reviews around the web. Decided the price was worth it and might as well give it a try. Turned out to be a great purchase, not perfect but still really great. I've been using it for doing art and animation, and of course 4k gaming. It's color isn't as nice as a 90%+ Adobe RGB, but LG's S-IPS panels still have great color, a step above most monitors, especially around this price point. Gaming is a dream on this thing, so sharp and crisp, truly glorious. Here are some Pro's and Con's:

Pros:
-4k... duh
-10 bit color (8+A-FRC)
-S-IPS panel (great viewing angles)
- 99%+ sRGB (measured as NTSC 72%) gamut.
- Freesync (only works with AMD cards as of now)
- 5ms on an IPS panel
- 60hz
- Black stabilizer setting, can bring out the details in certain dark images.
- HDCP 2.2

Cons:
- Only 3 inputs, 2 hdmi and 1 display-port (would have liked 1 more display-port)
- Has an anti-glare coating (it's not very aggressive like some I've seen, but still can cause slight distortion when viewed from above/below at extreme angles)
- At250 cd/m2 it's not on the high end of peak brightness, but not bad either.

Update 1: I thought it might be handy to add a little section on setting up the PS4 Pro with this monitor. I took me awhile to realize how to get it working to display at 4k. You need to have a newer hdmi cable (2.0, the monitor comes with a short one) and you need to enable the setting for HMDI UHD deep color, this enables RGB 4:4:4 chroma signals to pass over HMDI so it can talk to the PS4 Pro. This setting is under Menu>Picture>Picture Adjust>HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color. This setting is common among LG 4k devices, so if you have an issue on another LG product w/ ps4 Pro, make sure it's enabled. You may also need to change RGB settings on the PS4 Pro to "Full".

Update 2: I wanted to update with the settings I found best for my panel, in terms of color and brightness, etc. May not be universal, but could give a ballpark of what you may want.

Brightness: 69

605 helpful votes
606 helpful votes
4747 comments|Report abuse
on December 14, 2016
Was really excited for this monitor but unfortunately it has significant backlight bleed (see attached pictures), and a very noticeable dead black pixel (s). First picture is monitor at 100% brightness. The second picture is set at 50% brightness.

Other then that this is a great 4k IPS budget monitor.

I'm going to try and get a replacement. Hopefully that one has less bleed. Unfortunately when I do replace it amazon will then try to sell this same monitor as like new and then someone else will have to deal with these issues.
review imagereview image
222 helpful votes
223 helpful votes
99 comments|Report abuse
on November 8, 2017
Note for Xbox one X users:
You cannot use freesync since it is display port only. You have to change the settings on the monitor under picture adjust>>turn on HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color before the xbox one x will allow 4k.

Once enabled go into settings>>display and sound>>advanced video settings>> then check the following in pictures. Once that is done you can change the resolution from 1080p to 4k uhd.
review imagereview imagereview image
26 helpful votes
27 helpful votes
44 comments|Report abuse
on November 16, 2017
So far, so good. The monitor is what I expected. Of course all bets are off it it doesn't last 5 years. My previous LG 27" IPS looks exactly like this one, and it lasted about 3 years and 9 months. I hope this one lasts longer than my previous one. We have cheap old monitors around the house that are 8-10 years old, and still work like new, so here's hoping.

Likes: *Text is jet black and very smooth and sharp. Really, the only reason I chose 4K
*Colors are true enough at default setting
*Tiny "joystick" control is usable. My previous 27" LG had terrible controls.
*VESA mount, 100x100 (~4x4")
*No built in speakers to make it bulkier. Built in speakers sound like a smart phone anyway.

Meh...* Bezel is not super thin. For the price, it should be
*Stand is flimsy. Good thing I wall mounted it in front of my desk.
* Had to buy a better graphics card, though my old one had good specs.
*A little bulky, a tad thicker and heavier than my previous LG 27" IPS

Dislikes *Matte finish screen. Really? You buy a 4K monitor so tiny text is clear and sharp, and they use a matte finish screen?
Makes no sense at all. The Mona Lisa is behind clear glass, not a shower door. Bright monitors don't have glare problems. Used glossy
screens for years, never had glare. Text and picturtes really pop on a glossy screen. Good news is, the anti-glare is semi-glossy.
*Having to fiddle with Windows 10 to get the text and icon sizes right.
*LG software is just plain awful. No way to flash the firmware, GUI is so tiny I can't read it. Really LG?

All in all, a very nice monitor, but a little pricey. I recommend it if you don't mind the above nitpicks. 4.5 stars.
on November 16, 2017
Monitor seemed pretty cool but it dims itself as soon as the Windows login screen come up so my green taskbar looks black. There is no "Deactivate" menu option for this "Feature." It's ... absurd, to say the least, that the monitor apparently determines how display things to people who do photo and video editing. I never know what I work on will look like since my screen doesn't display things properly. Nobody seems to know how to fix this. if you do, let me know and I'll be sure to improve my rating.

UPDATE: Sometimes it seems to display things right when I reset the settings but on restart it goes back to the weird dimmer colors. Awful product. It's screwing up my video editing and photo editing job....
on November 18, 2017
beautiful quality at a great price. I was shopping for other 4k monitors and found that they were in the $500+ range for 27". I was able to get 2 of these monitors for around $700. A great buy with brilliant colors.
on November 10, 2017
I don't like the single button control stick. Individual buttons for navigating menus would be better.
on August 22, 2017
Bought for my daughter, an artist, and she is thrilled with it.
on October 12, 2017
Purchased 2 of these for dual monitors. The resolution is great and easy on the eyes. Make sure you use a HDMI 2 Cable to get 3840 x 2160 resolution.
on May 19, 2017
I use this in my studio and I need more.