Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on November 1, 2016
Really nice entry level 4k monitor. I was a bit hesitant to buy this one because of the lack of reviews around the web. Decided the price was worth it and might as well give it a try. Turned out to be a great purchase, not perfect but still really great. I've been using it for doing art and animation, and of course 4k gaming. It's color isn't as nice as a 90%+ Adobe RGB, but LG's S-IPS panels still have great color, a step above most monitors, especially around this price point. Gaming is a dream on this thing, so sharp and crisp, truly glorious. Here are some Pro's and Con's:

Pros:
-4k... duh
-10 bit color (8+A-FRC)
-S-IPS panel (great viewing angles)
- 99%+ sRGB (measured as NTSC 72%) gamut.
- Freesync (only works with AMD cards as of now)
- 5ms on an IPS panel
- 60hz
- Black stabilizer setting, can bring out the details in certain dark images.
- HDCP 2.2

Cons:
- Only 3 inputs, 2 hdmi and 1 display-port (would have liked 1 more display-port)
- Has an anti-glare coating (it's not very aggressive like some I've seen, but still can cause slight distortion when viewed from above/below at extreme angles)
- At250 cd/m2 it's not on the high end of peak brightness, but not bad either.

Update 1: I thought it might be handy to add a little section on setting up the PS4 Pro with this monitor. I took me awhile to realize how to get it working to display at 4k. You need to have a newer hdmi cable (2.0, the monitor comes with a short one) and you need to enable the setting for HMDI UHD deep color, this enables RGB 4:4:4 chroma signals to pass over HMDI so it can talk to the PS4 Pro. This setting is under Menu>Picture>Picture Adjust>HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color. This setting is common among LG 4k devices, so if you have an issue on another LG product w/ ps4 Pro, make sure it's enabled. You may also need to change RGB settings on the PS4 Pro to "Full".

Update 2: I wanted to update with the settings I found best for my panel, in terms of color and brightness, etc. May not be universal, but could give a ballpark of what you may want.

Brightness: 69

MagH:52
MagSat:62
CyanH:50
CyanSat:58
4747 comments| 723 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 8, 2017
Note for Xbox one X users:
You cannot use freesync since it is display port only. You have to change the settings on the monitor under picture adjust>>turn on HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color before the xbox one x will allow 4k.

Once enabled go into settings>>display and sound>>advanced video settings>> then check the following in pictures. Once that is done you can change the resolution from 1080p to 4k uhd.
review imagereview imagereview image
55 comments| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 14, 2016
Was really excited for this monitor but unfortunately it has significant backlight bleed (see attached pictures), and a very noticeable dead black pixel (s). First picture is monitor at 100% brightness. The second picture is set at 50% brightness.

Other then that this is a great 4k IPS budget monitor.

I'm going to try and get a replacement. Hopefully that one has less bleed. Unfortunately when I do replace it amazon will then try to sell this same monitor as like new and then someone else will have to deal with these issues.
review imagereview image
1010 comments| 269 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 13, 2017
Great value 4k IPS monitor. I'm planning to use this monitor for photo editing and some gaming. I haven't yet had a chance to calibrate it yet with my ColorMunki and I'll update my review after I do that. One thing I did want to warn people about is the recessed VESA mount. It's designed like that for the included stand to slip nicely into the back of the monitor. However, it also means that the mounting plate of the North Bayou F120 Wall Mount I ordered to go with it would not fit. I ended up having to grind down the edges of the mounting plate with a Dremel to make it work. I suppose you might also be able to do it with stand-offs, but then you'd need longer screws than the ones included. Just keep this in mind if you're planning to mount this monitor on a 3rd-party arm (see photos). All together this is a great setup for the money if you have a wall right behind your desk like I do.

After reading complaints about scaling in Windows I was a little worried this 27" model would be too small (I also have a Samsung 40" 4k TV I use as a monitor on another computer where 100% is just about perfect). However, the 150% scaling setting in Windows is great. I haven't noticed many scaling artifacts and the text size is comfortable.

I also have to commend LG for the pack-ins. I'm used to getting next to nothing with a monitor but this one came with both a Displayport cable and a HDMI cable. In addition the the VESA mount already contained screws which was a nice touch. Finally there was also an individualized factory calibration report.
review imagereview image
11 comment| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 20, 2018
The monitor is fine, although the number of pixels per inch means I tend to run it at below the native resolution unless playing a game or movie. This makes things look blurry, but otherwise text is not really readable. The real problem with this is the stand, which is atrocious. The whole monitor wiggles, wobbles and shakes like a leaf on a tree in the breeze at the slightest movement or vibration of the surface on which it rests. This makes it nearly unusable when typing. Luckily I have my own stand which attaches to the desk which seems to work better, but overall I would not recommend this. It's cheaply made and it shows.
on January 14, 2018
My first 4k monitor and I love it! Big screen and awesome resolution! Love it with games. No complaints at all. Games look amazing!
Had an issue with my first monitor and amazon took care of it super fast with no hassle. I was really blown away with the great service! Wow! Thanks amazon!
on January 12, 2018
My son wanted a 4K monitor for christmas for his gaming streaming sessions.
He is thrilled with the quality of this monitor. I am thrilled with the price.
A lot of bang for the buck!
on January 23, 2018
Had issues with the main HDMI port right out of the box. I kept getting an error code about making sure that I'm using the supplied HDMI cords when I was. The 2nd HDMI port worked fine, but I'm not about to keep a $400 monitor that has a faulty HDMI port. I would also agree with other reviewers about the monitor feeling cheaply made - especially that monitor stand. I'm going to look for something else.
on January 22, 2018
Awesome Monitor! Cannot find and cons. Works great for Gaming and 4K video. Would buy again!!!!
on December 6, 2017
Bought for my son, he loves it