- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
LG 42LV4400 42-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED-LCD HDTV
- LG's LED technology provides a slim profile and delivers amazing brightness, clarity and color detail, as well as greater energy efficiency compared to conventional LCD TVs.
- TruMotion 120Hz technology lets you see sports, video games and high-speed action with virtually no motion blur
- Full HD 1080p gives it superior picture quality over standard HDTV. You'll see details and colors like never before.
- 1 Year Parts & Labor Warranty
- Power device nominal voltage AC 120/230 V
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: LG
- Model Number: 42LV4400
- Display Technology: LED-lit
- Display Size: 42 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:09
TruMotion 120Hz refresh rate,
your favorite entertainment
never looked better.
Movies are immersive. Sports are more exciting. Your favorite
shows look better than ever. It's time to kick your entertainment
up a notch with LG.
LESS BLUR. MORE ACTION.
TruMotion 120Hz technology lets you
see sports, video games and
high-speed action with virtually no
motion blur. Now your TV can keep
up with your fast-moving
DOUBLE THE DETAIL.
This stunning picture is the reason
you wanted HDTV in the first place.
With almost double the pixel
resolution, Full HD 1080p gives it
superior picture quality over
standard HDTV. You'll see details
and colors like never before.
SAVE MORE THAN ENERGY.
Earning the ENERGY STAR means a
product meets strict energy efficiency
guidelines set by the US
Environmental Protection Agency and
the Department of Energy. For TVs, it
means they save energy both in
standby and active (when they're on)
modes. ENERGY STAR qualified TVs
use about 30% less energy than
ENHANCED NOISE REDUCTION
Reduces screen noise without compromising picture quality
VIEW IT IN THE RIGHT LIGHT.
Let your TV do the adjustments for you. Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting and color conditions in the room for a more enjoyable viewing experience.
WISE AND NOT WASTEFUL.
With our Smart Energy Saving Features, you can conserve money and energy.
LV4400 Select Specifications
|Display Size (Diagonal):||42-Inch|
|Backlight Type:||LED With Local Dimming|
|Dynamic Contrast Ratio:||100,000:1|
|Channels/Speaker Output:||2 x 10W|
|Component Video (YCrCB):||1|
|RGB (D-Sub 15pin):||1|
|RF Connector for Internal Tuner:||1|
|RS-232c In (Control/Service):||1|
|Optical Digital Out (SPDIF):||1|
|Analog Audio Input:||1|
|With Stand:||25.4 lbs.|
|Without Stand:||22 lbs.|
|With Stand:||39.4 x 27 x 8.75 (W x H x D)|
|Without Stand:||39.4 x 24.9 x 1.8 Inches (W x H x D)|
Top Customer Reviews
Here are (5) quick ways to turn this 3-star sub five hundred dollar TV into a 5-star one thousand dollar set.
1. Don't believe all the negative reviews. The picture on this set is amazing, but not right out of the box. It needs some adjusting. Refer to J. Finkel's review for the exact settings. The picture is beautiful after 10 minutes of tweaking.
2. The sound has no bass. Buy a cheap PC subwoofer (under $20) and plug it into the analog line out. Then switch the line out volume to variable. Voila. I now have a great sound system. My wife said,"that is 100% better!" right after I plugged it in.
3. Sports on this TV is great. I watch a lot of NFL/NCAA football and the picture looks great. Just use the sports setting and if you have a good quality signal like HD cable or HD digital broadcast you will rarely notice any blurring. I was considering a plasma to avoid blurring for sports, but this TV is more than adequate for all the benefits it has over plasma (LED lamps will last forever, bright high-contrast no-glare screen, and this set only weights 20 pounds)
4. Gaming on this tv is the best experience you could hope for. Just plugged in my XBOX360 and set it's output to 1080p to the TV. Never seen anything prettier than Skyrim, Madden 12, Halo Reach, Deadspace 2, and Dance Central. These games are gorgeous in 1080P and play with zero lag on the Game setting. PS. 120HZ TRUmotion is not used for GAME setting and it is for the better...Read more ›
The LG is very simple looking in its design. It has a piano black bezel and a swiveling base that is also done in piano black. There is a small piece of opaque gray plastic trim that runs along the bottom and a very discreet LG logo on the TV. On the bottom of the set are the stereo speakers. The set is very thin and is about 1.75" at its thickest part, not including the base. The set is very light in weight and easy to move for one person. Construction quality and materials are good, but the swivel base allows the TV to move a few degrees in either direction easily. I find this quite annoying as the swivel base on my two Panasonic flat screen TVs have no play at all.
The only assembly required is to attach the swivel stand, if desired, and that was a very simple procedure that I was able to do myself and took no more than 5 minutes.
On the left hand side of the set from the front, hidden behind the bezel, are the Power, Menu, Input, Channel and Volume buttons along with 1 USB port and 2 HDMI ports. One the back left hand side of the set are 1 RGB PC, 1 Composite or Component (it's either used for one or the other, not both), 1 digital and 1 analog audio out, 1 RF cable and 1 HDMI port.
Using the set is very simple. The on-screen menu system and the remote are both easy to use. Feature wise the set offers and few different picture presets (with individual setting saved for each input), a sleep and schedule timer, closed captioning and the ability to view photos on a USB jump drive.Read more ›
Let's start with the most common complaint: the sound. The sound has adequate volume, but it doesn't have any richness or bass to it. When I was in the bedroom and my wife had the sound up so loud I couldn't concentrate on my work (I work out of my home), I had to ask her to turn the sound down. So, yes the sound is bad, but not as bad as people make out. The volume is adequate, and the sound is OK for watching talk shows, Dr. Oz, and the morning news shows. In reading various TV reviews, lousy sound is by far the most common complaint. Flat screen TV speakers just can't match larger speakers. Of course a sound system makes this a non-issue, but I realize that some folks spent all they could afford on the TV and don't want to go out and spend another 200 - 300 dollars on a sound system or bar. NO PROBLEM. The thing that is so nice about this TV is that it has an audio out 1/8 inch port. This means any computer speakers can be used. You can even turn off the TV speakers, set your computer speakers on "variable" and the volume control on the remote will control the sound coming from your computer speakers. I hooked up a CA 2.1 system (two speakers plus a subwoofer) and it increased the sound quality about a zillion times. And I only paid about $20 for these. Go to ebay and type in the search box "2.1 speakers" and you will have all kinds of choices. Try the Logitech or Altec Lansing for very nice speakers (25 - 50 dollars) or for especially good speakers get the Klipsch ones (60 -90 dollars).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love my lg TV. And it is prefect for gaming. The size is wonderful and the hd is awesome for watching movies.Published 26 days ago by Ann B
The LG LED TV has served us well for the last 5 years! We decided to mount it on the wall and that was an awesome decision since we have very little room in our condo. Read morePublished 1 month ago by tlh777
Gave this TV to my parents. They use it for their bedroom wall. The picture is still clear and crisp three years later.Published 7 months ago by Michael
There are a lot of complaints about this TV being junk for the price I have found it to be a great value. Read morePublished 7 months ago by victor R
used sparingly and strictly for console gaming. died in two months.Published 7 months ago by Mackey Stingray