Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LG 47 3D LED Edge Cinema + 4 Soundbar
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Back to School STEM

on December 22, 2012
At first I almost thought this was too good to be true of a deal. I was very pleased with the quality of the TV and the quality of the sound bar!! The TV has a very clear picture and the Sound bar heightens the cinema experience when connected with the LG 3-D Blu-ray player... however 47 inches might not accommodate every living room space.... but it is still a good size TV for all sized rooms and sound bar sounds good being all sized rooms... Overall I would recommend this particular HDTV/sound bar deal to anyone LG has really set themselves apart by making a more affordable entertainment all-around system with amazing high quality
on June 13, 2013
I read a hundred reviews, watched dozens of videos and compared dozens of televisions in my search for a new TV. What I found was that LG seems to be the brand to buy if you want excellent video quality and a TV that will last more than a year or two. But what really sold me was walking into an electronics store and seeing a 47" LG next to a comparable Sony and Panasonic (both of which were a few hundred dollars more). The LG actually had better picture quality and smoother video playback. SOLD. Now that I have had a the TV for awhile I can tell you I made the right choice if you decide to get one, I am sure you will be just as pleased.
on May 4, 2013
We bought this TV to replace a 43" Samsung plasma that met it's demise due to an unfortunate accident. We looked at many brands and found this particular set at our local wholesale club. What peaked our interest in this TV was the 3D capability,included sound bar,4 pairs of 3D glasses,and most importantly,the beautiful picture. Once we got it home and hooked it up...WOW. The 3D picture is absolutely amazing. FYI,if you have a Sony Playstation 3, your PS3 will play 3D Blu Ray discs so long as your firmware is up to date. We also watched some 3D programming on Direct TV which is free so long as you have a HD DVR receiver. This is one gorgeous tv and will look great wherever you put it,it is thin with a nice glossy black bezel trim. We are very happy with our purchase and would highly recommend this set.
on December 8, 2012
I love this TV!!! It is the perfect answer for an already smart setup. If you have an apple tv or game console and dont want an overpriced tv for simple features this is it. A big tv, great picture, and free sound bar with mount. NOTE: there is no mount for the tv just the sound bar. Remote comes with batteries but no backlight.
on June 15, 2014
I ordered mine from Walmart on November 27, 2012. As of June 13, 2014, the TV stopped working. The power light flashes twice and nothing happens. I didn't buy insurance because I didn't think I would need it since I paid $700 for the TV. Well...big mistake! LG customer service wasn't helpful at all. They just wanna grab more money out of the customer. Their home service will set me back about $339. So I am looking to spend about $1050 for this damn TV.

As for the TV itself, while it was working, it's a brilliant TV. Crystal clear picture, the sound quality was really good. Loved the remote. The 3D worked pretty well, but I wear glasses to begin with, so it was convenient to wear the 3D glasses over my pair.

I'd recommend spend your money on some other brand of TV. I most probably lucked out but I know I will never buy another LG product ever again.
on January 19, 2013
This is my second LG television. Like many other reviewers, I think the picture quality is supurb on these tvs and there are lots of options to help you adjust the picture to your personal preferences. The PictureWizard is a great tool for the initial setup of the picture and will be adequate for all but the most disciminating eyes.

The manuals are pretty sparse but that is OK because the user interface is very easy to use. I didn't need to read the manual at all to setup and optimize the features of this TV.

Now the reason why I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars. The only adjustment you can make to the sound bar is the volume. All of the other adjustments, bass, treble, balance, etc... are not available when you use the sound bar. I verified this with customer service. The sound from the built in TV speakers is a little "tinny" with default settings but can be adjusted with bass and treble to produce a sound nearly as good as the sound bar so my recommendation is to buy the unit without the sound bar and save the extra $.

One other complaint is the lack of RCA audio out jacks and no S-Video input. There's still a lot of legacy equipment that we would like to hook up to our new TV's, so LG, please spend another $1 or two and include these jacks.

I can't comment on the network connectivity because I access the internet through a tethered cell phone and there is no wireless capability in the TV.

I didn't really care about the 3D capability when I chose this TV but experimenting with it briefly with 2D sources, it actually works better than I expected. It is about the same as what you see in the 3D movies at the theater where the picture looks more like a bunch of flat images stacked at different depths than true 3D but interesting nevertheless. I'll continue to experiment with it based on initial impressions.
on July 19, 2013
i have a 3D lg bluray player so i wanted to get a television that could utilize that feature. this tv was a great deal.....had a few issues with the advertising first of all the tv is 60 MHz not 120 MHz as stated in the advertisement (NOT AN ISSUE WITH ME). the picture quality is fantastic can't tell the difference between the 120 MHz and the 60 MHz. the 3D bluray movies i own look great. now on to the sound bar IT SUCKS!!! it's in my closet i replaced it with a Sony sound bar which is fantastic! to sum this up buy it for the tv knowing the sound bar has limitations.
on August 30, 2014
This TV has been perfect. This is the 3rd LG TV that someone in the family has bought and we have yet to be disappointed. This TV has 3 HDMI ports which is just enough for me (two gaming consoles and a laptop) and still has all of the traditional inputs/outputs. I don't really need a smart TV nor the 3D feature but this is such a great deal I couldn't pass it up. The sound bar it comes with is better than listening to the TV speakers but I would suggest getting some other sound bar if it can be afforded. One neat feature it has is auto-brightness...turn the lights off in the room and the screen dims, turn the lights back on and the screen lights back up. All in all I think it's well worth the price paid.
on January 7, 2013
So upon first glance, I was very pleased. Bright screen, good colors, great viewing angle, easy setup. Then I started getting more technical, and played around with the settings... turns out my LG TV that was advertised as having 120hz refresh rate and "TruMotion", in fact, didn't. Unlike many I know, i like the motion technology that can smooth out the frames and give it the "Soap Opera Effect", which I believe is a much clearer picture. However, even though it was advertised, my TV did not include this feature, and no matter what the source (HD cable, Blu-Ray, Etc) it never showed output at anything above 60hz. My biggest issue however was calling LG to express my displeasure and try to get this fixed/replaced... they tried to convince me it was built in to the tv, and it was there, and I was an idiot, despite me telling them I have friends and family who have LGs where I can easily find and adjust the TruMotion feature and notice a huge difference in picture quality. A little internet searching shows that there are thousands of people in the same boat as me, and even software updates didn't fix the issue. Finally took it back to the store, and despite being beyond the return window, they gave me store credit so I could get a superior Samsung. BTW, 3 calls to LG service, and all 3 times they decided they would rather argue with me and tell me I'm wrong than try to discuss options to fix the situation, and ALL 3 TIMES I was hung up on. Horrible.
66 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2013
First off you falsly advertised that it operates on 120hz, when actually in is operating on 60hz which is too slow for movies,sports,and regular programming.I would like to send it back and upgrade to the newer version LGLA6200. If amazon doesn't allow me to return it because of your your false advertising I will not be purchasing any more items from your website,thank you! Willie Roots