Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 193 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 235 reviews
on March 29, 2013
Lots of research -
Needed a 47 inch HDTV for living room - old style TV shelves built in to include TV position that was too.
Based on reviews - caught a quick sales price opportunity and pulled the trigger. So happy with purchase.
1. Had to search online for the best picture calibration. Out of the box the picture was not good. Comparing it to our LG 60 plasma.
2. Wanted and LED/LCD type TV - but a good picture and price. Our LG plasma has been flawless.
3. Wanted a thin TV with a good picture for 3D and wanted it to be passive this time. we have the active 3D downstairs.
So far the 8600 has meet our expectations and exceeded some. Once we got the picture calibrated CNET review.... its all been very good.
TV is lightweight - we're currently using the TV stand but have plans to mount it on an articulating bracket once we can modify the TV cubby.
Remote is their magic remote. our first experience w/ the magic remote was with our plasma (2010), used it twice and stored it.
since this was the only remote, had no choice. It was easy to use and get the 8600 updated (firmware), online - Ethernet and change settings for calibration. but since then we only use the remote to turn on the TV since we have DirecTV and use that remote for the channels plus have a Harman Kardon receiver that we use for volume etc. most likely we'll be setting one or both of those up as universal remotes. only make sense.

we only used the audio speakers on the 8600 for two weeks, decent sounding but not going to fill the room. we use our Harman Kardon as the workhorse now. once you go HDMI and the receiver the 8600 speakers become inop.

the good news - a decently strong person can lift the set by themselves to set it in position or move it to make changes. the picture is good, 3D is decent, not eye popping like active 3D does but good enough for our living room and much cheaper with almost free 3D passive glasses.

con - not much we can say.... wish I had got the 55" but the extra few hundred would have put me in the dog house especially when the TV would not have fit inside the tv cubby.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2013
Ordered this television after much research including seeing it in action at local store. Not sure why thee would be so many negative reviews as I am very happy with this Model and have not experience any problems. The picture is excellent, although overall Samsung and Sony are slightly better, albeit overpriced. I was a little disapointed at the 3d at first until I realized that it is more the source than the TV. I was watching ESPN 3d and was underwhelmed until a fan in the stands threw up their hands in front of the camera and it made me jump. My children love the 3d feature and that is realy the only reason why I considered a 3d television. Young children have a better perception of 3D (you can look it up) And Its funny seeing them try to reach out and grab the images. They say that active 3D is better but I don't see it that way. The passive 3D glasses are much more comfortable and cheaper to replace. ACtive 3D glasses are heavier need batteies and use a "shutter" system to maipulate your eyes perception. I tried this out in the store and it gave me a headache. Some people are sensitive to this so I believe that passive is generaly more comfortable all around.
The picture is crisp and sharp, I do not notice any bleeding or deficiencies that other reviews have referanced. The sound is ok, but I did'nt expect much anyway.
The internet browser is fast and acurate, almost as fast as my laptop, however the apps are terrible and very limited: very substandard compared to virtualy any other smart tv.However I use my playstation for video streaming so it's not a big deal. I also found it nearly impossible to link my Iphone/ Ipad to this tv without installing a bunch of unwanted third party apps and subscriptions, so I gave up on this. This is Apple's fault not the tv however. the Apple company doesn't like to share with anyone else's platform and I have run into these problems frequently. An Android or Windows phone should work better.And linking my windows laptop was a easy by comparison.
The remote is a nice feature and operates much like a WII controler, but with far better control. It is very easy to use and I was able to sync with my cable box which eliminates the need for shuffling remotes.
Overall I would have given five stars if the apps were better, however I would highly recommend this TV.
Pros
Excellent picture
Ability to manipulate 3d image
2D to 3D conversion works well
Excellent refresh rate of images
Innovative remote control, that has a voice command feature for internet browsing and search commands.
Quick web browsing.
Reasonable price
Passive 3D
Netflix app
Includes six pairs of glasses
Install and setup is easy and quick

Cons
Apps are terrible and very limited and the app store is a joke. No app for Amazon prime (which is the best video streaming site on the market)
Sound is basic and does not resemble surround sound as advertised.
Difficult pairing of smart phones especially IPHONE
No Bluetooth capabilities
No one click function to change AV sources.
The only way to connect an external audio source is through an optical cable. If you have an older soundbar or stereo, you will not be able to connect TV
The inputs are situated in a way that makes it difficult to hide wires.
on December 3, 2012
The TV is great...we are still working on some issues of learning how the TV works. Found the User Guie is EXTREMELY important. When watching tv at night with the lights off the TV dimmed to near black and was unable to see the details of the program. Very frustrating till we went to the guide. It was the energy saver setting...The 3D is GREAT...Watched Tinkerbell and thought I was going to have to sweep up flowers from my floor. LOL...internet connections quickly connect to wireless; Magic Remote a bit different but once you are use to it, it is GREAT and it sincs to the cable, wii, xbox 360, dvd, blu ray, etc- only requiring 1 remote (Magic). Glasses are comfortable for adults as well as children; are inexpensive (compared to competitors) to replace. The TV would have a 5 star at this point.

Now for why it has a 4 star: The delivery was not timely; TV not shipped when told or per purchase agreement. Amazon (which is incredible to work with 10+ stars!) had to help get the tv delivered. If we had known, we would not have given our other tv away.

I researched 3D TVs and ratings. This LG was made in 2012 *important. So far I am very happy! I will update when we have had the tv awhile...we have only had for a month....
on March 28, 2013
I bought this tv online after seeing it at a local store. Amazon had it for cheaper. I was attracted to its design and colors quality right away. This is a SMART TV that is not so smart after all. Overall, all TV manufacturers offer limited amount of Apps and not to compare with your Ipad or Android tablet. So if you are looking for a TV that acts like a tablet or a PC; you'll have to wait for another 2 to 3 years before you can fully take advantage of the technology. LG SMART Apps do perform as designed. The dual processor however is still slow and do not expect a fast ms respond after you push the enter button. the TV does take couple seconds before responding to your request.
Out the box, the TV needs calibration to get the best picture. Check out websites that offer the best configuration. 3D works really well on this TV and you get 6 passive glasses.
Pandora App does not work or at least for me. It opens with no issues but the main screen remains hanging and cannot navigate. it is useless. Nothing to blame LG for which they don't write the code for the Apps. Hopefully, a new patch will fix the issue.
I highly recommend this TV if you are looking for all the nice features at somewhat cheap price. Samsung 8 or 9 series was my first choice but too expensive. this LG offers all the goodies for a fraction of the cost.
one letdown however is the magic remote. I give LG a 5 for trying something new but it is clumsy to use. I do not mind it since i can use LG remote app on my Ipad...
on April 27, 2013
This is my first HDTV and I'm amazed with the picture quality. HD shows like Dancing with the stars or Jeopardy look just amazing, even commercials are great to watch. The TV's resolution is so amazing that when there's food on closeups during commercials makes you hungry. I connected the optical audio cable to my DVD surround system and it sounds amazing, even more when the show is dolby surround! I chose this TV because of it's features and it's price, really cheap for this kind of TV. WIFI works fantastic to see videos from the computer. I read reviews that there's bleeding on the screen... there's actually some, true. But I've owned several tube TV's in the past and none of their screens or other things are perfect. When you watch movies or shows on this TV you never notice this tiny flaw. I tried the search engine but after a few minutes shows "out of memory" and stops working. I don't use it much, anyway since you have to use the remote to type what you want to search, not too comfortable and fast. I'd mirror the computer to the TV to do this better. I have a Mac, so if I want to do this I have to get and Apple TV.
on April 9, 2013
It's April and I purchased the TV on June 2012. Must of the time, we only watch the TV on weekends since I work all day and I do not have regular cable TV, I am a Netflix Hulu subscriber and I get movies through Blockbuster by mail, so you can clearly said that the TV has less than average usage.

The Problem, I am watching the TV and goes completely black. Is way better to use my apple TV to access my subscriptions than the TV smart function since when trying to access Netflix, it tells me that is not available, try it later and many times when watching a program, you have to wait for the program to load!

It's a shame since the TV is very good looking and the 3d graphics very clear.

Try VIZIO instead, so far running smooth
on April 23, 2013
TV broke within 5 months of receiving from Amazon. Called LG who sent out a tech within 3 days. Tech indicated it needed a new main board and that was on back order for 10 days. Looking at these other reviews on Amazon I see a definite pattern of failure here. My best case is this TV will remain broken for at least 3 weeks...best case! LG customer care can't give me any specifics on when the the part will become available and when they can actually install it. Literally said we'll call you when it comes in, we aren't sure how long it will take! I'll never buy another LG product again.
on January 30, 2013
First of all, this is a great TV. The only problem was that we got a cracked screen on the first one, a cracked screen and edge on the second one, and then a good TV finally on the third attempt. So it took us three weeks to finally get the TV. Other than that, the TV is absolutely beautiful. The picture is as clear in high definition mode as any television set I have ever seen. I would recommend this TV to anyone looking for a high quality multi functional TV set. It gives you the opportunity to surf the net, and has many other apps that you can use on the TV set. The 3-D function is a lot of fun although there're not that many choices yet in 3-D format. However, you will absolutely love this TV once you get it up and running.
on September 13, 2012
TV is beautiful, with a great picture out of the box. Settings can be tweeked for a sharper and brighter picture. There is definetly some bleeding around the edges. When the screen is completely black, you'll see pockets of light around the edge. Good news is there's no trace of them when you're watching a movie. Also, my picture settings keep jumping back to the original defult. I've had to re-set my settings a couple times now, hoping this time it's permanent. Remote takes some getting use to, and drains a lot of battery. The motion sensor is nice, but I agree with many of the other posts, need to put regular remote functions back on it (i.e. input, widescreen, and make the volume and channel buttons stand out). Hard to find in the dark.

There is also a small dip in the top left of my screen where the LED meets the bevel. Very minor, but definetely noticable with a black screen. All in all it's a great TV and I would definetely recommend it to my friends.
on April 29, 2013
I have an LG 47LM7600 already, so when I saw this TV for basically the same price as I paid for the smaller one, I jumped on it. This is a great TV. Does everything it's advertised to do and does it well. Great color, contrast, detail, etc. Internet is superb. Haven't tried the 3D yet. Easy to set up to cable and easy to mount on the wall, though a bit heavy. I really don't know what else you could ask for in a TV.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.