- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
LG 50PW350 50-Inch 720p 600 Hz Active 3D Plasma HDTV
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want professional installation of this product?
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Pay only when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Bring your content alive with full 7200p HD 3D technology
- Incredibly high contrast ratio of 10,000,000:1 delivers incredibly vibrant colors and deeper and darker blacks
- Energy Star qualified so your entertainment experience uses less energy
- The 600Hz Sub Field Driving virtually eliminates motion blur
- At less than 1" wide the new TruSlim Frame trims away the distraction of a wide frame.
There is a newer model of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: LG
- Model Number: 50PW350
- Display Technology: plasma
- Display Size: 50 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:09
If you're big on sports and fast action, but not big on bulky frames, the 50PW350 3D Plasma is the HDTV for you. It's got a blistering 600Hz refresh rate that keeps up with the fastest action, so there's a clear picture with virtually no blur. Think plasmas have to be bulky? Think again. The TruSlim Frame gives it a sleek, thin profile that makes it stylish on or off. The third dimension: Bring your content to life with HD 3D technology! The astonishing effects will immediately grab your attention and bring your entertainment experience to the next dimension. Capture every moment: Tired of streaky action or unclear plays during the game? See sports, fast action and video games like never before. The 600Hz Sub Field Driving virtually eliminates motion blur. ENERGY STAR Qualified: Earning the ENERGY STAR means a product meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy. for TVs, it means they save energy both in standby and active (when they're on) modes. View it in the right light: Let your TV do the adjustments for you. Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting and color conditions in the room for a more enjoyable viewing experience. TruSlim Frame: At less than 1" wide the new TruSlim Frame trims away distraction of wide frame. See and experience more: Pictures are sharper. Colors are more vibrant. Entertainment is more real. Everything looks better on an HDTV. Find the perfect picture: Get easy self-calibration with on-screen reference points for key picture quality elements such as black level, color, tint, sharpness and backlight levels. Take the guesswork out of picture adjustments with this simple-to-use feature. Wise and not wasteful: With the Smart Energy Saving Features, you can conserve money and energy. Display Type: Plasma. Screen Size: 50". Screen Size Diagonal: 49.9". Full HD 1080: No.
Top Customer Reviews
First of all, let me start with a brief summary of pros and cons:
- Pretty good looking
- Many advanced controls for tweaking picture quality, ISF calibration ready, as LG put it. This is a huge plus for an entry level TV
- Excellent picture quality and color accuracy, especially after being properly calibrated
- Low power consumption for a plasma TV, has built-in smart power-saving feature. After being calibrated, it's less than 100 watts in 2D mode which is very low for a plasma TV and within the territory of LCD TVs.
- Only 720p. This actually doesn't bother me because I hardly notice any difference in picture quality compared to my 1080p TV unless I get very close, something like 2-3 feet or so.
- A small annoying issue I found when I tried to calibrate the TV. No big deal but still annoying. I will explain later.
- Looks like a mirror. This is actually a problem for all plasma TVs, the technology itself. If your room is not dark enough, or the TV is facing a window, the reflection can be pretty bad. High end plasma TVs have some sort of filter or something like that to reduce reflection but they cost a lot more. If your room is pretty bright, get ready to buy a dark curtain.
Now let me go into some more details of my calibration process and how this TV performs.
In fact, the TV has very good color and gray scale accuracy in "Cinema" picture mode.Read more ›
Haha So, the above post was when I originally bought my TV (2 months ago). Well, I have had it hung on a wall since purchased and everything has been awesome. Well, today after having the TV on for about an hour it made a loud "POP" noise and shut off. It won't turn back on. Boooo LG. It's 2 months old and died. I keep a very clean living space so I know dust is not the issue, I keep the temperature around 74-76 degrees. So, I can only sum it up to faulty hardware? Maybe this particular TV is the only one with this issue, I don't know. But, "Life's Good"? Now, "Looked Good".
Amazon will not refund the purchase amount because I am outside the 30 day return window.
Thanks again LG!! :)
Cheap 3D plasma TV
Great Calibration options for greyscale
Good Calibration options for primary/secondary colors
Decent picture (really good for the price point)
Thin and attractive looking tv
-1024 X 768 resolution (note: this technically falls under 720p but normal 16:9 720p is 1280 X 720 which is 921,600 pixels which are 1:1 or square shaped, the 1024 X 768 is more commonly found in PCs, it's 786,432 pixels that are 4:3 shaped) this is usually for 4:3 televisions/monitors. So the 720p here is actually a lower resolution 720p than that found in most 720p HDTVs (ie, has fewer pixels).
-black levels not really great for a plasma set, comparable to other budget tvs
-Energy saving modes are terrible
-image retention may annoy some or scare some folks
- 3D glasses, LG glasses have a 10 minute aauto-shutoff so most people have to resynch a few times during a movie (not a big deal, you just push a button on the glasses)
Everything still works fine and I am not easy on my electronics. The tv is on for 8+ hours at a time, used for all day gaming sessions, I smoke in my apartment too. Just a few quick updates.
This plasma display does show quite a bit of image retention. This is NOT the same as burn-in. Burn in is permanent, image retention is just an afterglow of phosphors. The image retention goes away pretty fast, isn't very noticeable unless there is a black or white field. Anyone using this set should set the image retention protection to orbit/orbiter/orbital (not 100% sure what they call it), this is far better than the normal setting. Also note that if you change this to white wash or the color wash...Read more ›
The only problem that I have with this TV is the fact that it does not make a good PC monitor. Whenever it is connected to a TV, the native resolution makes the desktop look a little large and mis-shapen, but when playing games from the PC to the screen, things look great. It is also nice that the monitor will accept the 1080p input from my gaming consoles and PC, so those look amazing as well.
The 3D games look great, but I cannot yet comment on the quality of 3D movies. However, because of the great 3-D games, I would have to imagine that a 3D movie would be just as impressive. The 2D to 3D conversion seems a little gimmicky, but it does add depth to your favorite shows and movies. I still prefer the 2D to stay in 2D though.
Overall, I would recommend this plasma. For the price and the inclusion of 2 free pairs of glasses (when I bought it anyways) this deal cannot be beaten. Excellent sound from the on-board speakers and equally amazing picture make me very happy that I bought this television.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love the tv. working great for me and it has lots of great gadgets. I do like the 3D but only watched 10 on it so farPublished 17 months ago by Bobby
Easy hook up. Never a problem. Fabulous display. 3D is fantastic. Usb input plays every file type I've ever tried. Read morePublished on November 24, 2013 by kathy
This was a great TV, the 3D worked well with the Xbox but it broke before we had it for 2 years and LG told us to go get it fixed. Read morePublished on August 5, 2013 by Brent LaVelle
read reviews and thought what the hey my first LG product, lightly used and barely finished paying for it now just about 11]2 yrs old I hear an explosion and smell singed... Read morePublished on January 30, 2013 by RAFAEL NORAT
The TV over all is really good. It has a very slim sleek dimention. The picture quality is good, the black level could be better. Read morePublished on April 22, 2012 by louis polyi
This tv seems nice enough and I got a good deal. But let me tell..3d tv's that require active shutter glasses are worthless without the glasses. Read morePublished on April 8, 2012 by yeppers
My first Plasma, and 3D tv, execellent upgrade form what we had, price was lower than big box stores, and all other online stores. Read morePublished on March 29, 2012 by Amazon Customer