- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
LG LG 55LS4500 55IN 1080P 120HZ LED TV (REFURBISHED)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1920 X 1080 Full HD Resolution (16:9 Aspect Ratio)
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 4,000,000:1
- Inputs: 2 HDMI, 1 Component, 1 Composite, 1 USB
- Dimensions W/Stand (WHD): 49 3/4" X 32 1/2" X 12 1/2"
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: LG
- Model Number: 55LS4500 55-inch LED TV
- Display Size: 55 inches
- Item Display Weight: 57.00 pounds
- Image Contrast Ratio: Full on
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
- Looks amazing and easy to setup.
- Menu and settings button are easy to navigate.
- Pictures clarity and color accuracy is great.
- USB does not play movie on flash drive. Only pictures and music.
- 2 HDMI is not enough for a TV that doesn't have internet.
- Black levels are just ok. A bit cloudy in really dark scenes.
One thing that I notice was that the tv goes dim when I turn off all the lights and it goes bright when the lights are on but that problem can be solved by pressing one button on the remote! (Energy saving button) :)
Just a plain simple TV that works and looks amazing!!
Watch out for the energy saving feature. took me an hour or so to realize why the picture was so dark.
Go turn off the energy saver and the screen will not go dark when the lights are turned off.
ALSO you need to disable it for each input! It remember them separately.
Great unit, no complaints really other then the eco-mode on by default.
And contrast ratio is simply amazing!!
(original review - February 28, 2013) - This review is tricky... I paid a great price for this TV, and by most standards, this TV is a great value. The picture is very good, it's stylish with a thin bezel, set-up was a breeze, and I really liked the "picture calibration wizard" tool.
Yet, I'm VERY upset with this purchase because LG, as well as most retailers who sell the 55LS4500, list this HDTV as "TruMotion 120Hz" - in fact "TruMotion 120Hz" is featured on the TV box packaging! I got the TV set up, went through all of the set up options, and nowhere is there an option to toggle on or off the TruMotion feature. I then went to the LG support website, noticed that there was a firmware update available for this model. I successfully updated the TV and still nothing about the 120Hz feature. I tried many TV channels and Blu-Ray, re-checked the TV options menu, and nothing. I've seen 120Hz before, its the very apparent "soap opera effect" that greatly enhances watching sports or console game playing, and on the other hand, can make movies seem "too real" or "live" - and akward looking.
I called LG support, and they insisted that the 120Hz feature is "always on". The LG service rep also added the following:
"Thank you for contacting LG Electronics USA. I am delighted to hear from you as our valued customer and I will be glad to answer your concern. Normal video broadcasts are received at 60 Hz. Blu-ray players' signals at 60/30/24 Hz.Read more ›
1) This TV has a GREAT picture, that's comparable to ANY television, regardless of price. (And I have been looking at and studying all the top end models for the past two years now, before purchasing this TV this morning.) The blacks are excellent and the detail is as good as I have seen.
2) The sound is VERY GOOD for a flat panel TV. It's rich, full and very musical when listening to audio channels. In fact, it's so good, that I am now considering whether I really want to purchase the $3,000.00 high end surround sound system that I had been planning on matching up with this TV. It's not that surround sound would not be a huge improvement, I know it would. It's just that I don't know how much I would actually use it when the sound of the TV itself is really very, very nice and quite satisfying.
3) The stand is VERY ADEQUATE and NOT flimsy like other reviewers have mentioned. It looks good and is plenty stable enough for you to feel confident that it's not going anywhere.
4) You are a fool to pay several hundred dollars for a "Smart TV", when a very good Blue Ray player can be purchased for less than $80.00 and will turn any TV into an excellent "Smart TV".
5) Personally, I am quite confident that 3D is a marketing gimmick that will fade away in a few years. Nobody wants to put on glasses to watch TV. Not only that, but many people say that 3D televisions actually look poorer that 2D televisions do when viewed in the normal 2D mode. (Which most all TV's are in most all of the time they are being watched.) And this weaker picture quality is especially evident when not viewing a 3D television straight on.Read more ›
Unfortunately, I had to learn how to be a TV repairman due to the fact that the power supply board went out not once, but twice.
But, to be honest, this was due to me using a tripped surge suppressor, so I can't blame the manufacturer.
Overall, I am very pleased with the TV, but I just wish that they had a simple replaceable fuse, but I'm sure that they skipped such a simple step so people would just buy another TV.
I'm just glad that I didn't dish out 900 bucks and that YouTube had a tutorial on how to replace the board.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Got it. Still using it 4 years later. Same great picture. LG is wonderful.Published 7 months ago by Modog
I bought this tv about 2 years ago and the screen the picture has already went out. I contacted LG and they basically said it was out of warranty and they was nothing they could... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Thad Reed
Great quality TV with a great image. Have had it for a year and it's still working flawlessly. It looks a lot better than some Vizio's and Samsung's that we looked at in the same... Read morePublished 19 months ago by I. Martinez
I have no need for any smart features. Everything that I stream on my TV I do through my Xbox. That being said, I needed a TV with good characteristics for gaming. Read morePublished on April 16, 2014 by Maverick7795
The picture just isn't very good. We are very disappointed. My LG has a decent picture but nothing compared to either of my next door neighbors (Visio and a Samsung). Read morePublished on February 3, 2014 by Tracy
I concur with the fellow who said that the trumotion is really not all that visible with this t.v. You do notice some motion smoothing with Blu-Rays but for general viewing, no. Read morePublished on November 18, 2013 by David Whitman
For the money its not a bad picture but ive had a tech out to my house 3 times to fix the speakers. the Lg customer service will not help me out with the speakers. Read morePublished on November 14, 2013 by jessepelkey