Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 90 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 114 reviews
on October 8, 2011
Ok so im very pleased i bought this on a Wednesday night and received it on Saturday talk about fast well me and my family were tired of contract phone because we are currently with Verizon and they are expensive so we switched when the contract ended this phone is very responsive light and stylish put in my micro Sd card from my previous phone and it immediately recognized all files texting is very easy and fast and you can even download java apps like facebook and twitter takes ok pictures and video but definitely worth the buy because i am a college student and do everything on a phone and this works just fine for me 4/5 simply because its not an iphone or android but gets the job done with a bit of class :)
2929 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2011
I purchased the lg 800g cell phone on Wednesday the seconded day of this November month 2011, and in two days I had received it by mail. Already I am starting to enjoying this cell phone, because its a lightweight, medium size cell phone like the size of a computer mouse that's easily to fit into my pans pockets while I am are traveling in car or walking. So, come-on. I mean, this is a helluva cell phone to get. It gots a 2.0 megapixel camera video recorder that shows pretty good videos and takes pretty good pictures. Also It haves an outstanding built in mp3 player with great sound quality, and I mean great sound quality. Down load app for face book, twitter, google, ect, but as you know need a micro sd card. So, if you are on a budget this is the cell phone to get, I guaranteed that you'll be satisfied with everything this particular cell phone haves to offer.
on September 2, 2012
This LG 800G cell phone replaced a stripped-down little LG flip phone I'd had for two years or more (no camera, no bluetooth, no touchscreen)and so when the battery wouldn't hold a charge for longer than a day (on the old one) I bought this as a replacement.

I have a land-line at home, so I've found Net10 to suit my wireless needs (I have roll-over minutes, and lots of them), so
after making sure I could retain that service with Net 10 on this phone, I took the plunge, and what a good plunge it was; are you kidding me? It's like night and day...

IMPORTANT TIP: Net10 sends out this lame little brochure with the phone (and a wall Charger), so make sure you download the manual from the sellers website, or LG, or manuals.com.--It's the only way you'll be tutored all of the features and use it to it's potential.--It's very cool. BONUS: Amazon had it delivered to me in 2 days.

LAST IMPORTANT TIPS: Contact Net10 phone Customer Service the minute you receive your new LG 800G, in order to provide them with the serial numbers to activate it. You need a new SIM card sent to you (free)-- You CANNOT USE THE SIM CARD that comes in the new phone! (Also applies to keeping your old phone number.)

DO NOT,I REPEAT, DO NOT PUT YOUR OLD SIM CARD IN YOUR NEW LG800G; DAMAGE TO THE NEW PHONE WILL OCCUR!!! I read another review from a buyer who complained about Net10 changing the per-minute rate, and there's a simple solution; call them and verify what you want to do before you buy--if you have a contract they can't just change your rates arbitrarily.

I think the key to all of this is to clarify your needs, verify them with Net 10, and learn the technology. Knowledge is power.
on December 8, 2011
I think the title speaks for itself. The phone itself works well. Good speakers on it make it easy to hear. Without headphones the music play louder then I thought it would. As others have said it's "half a smart phone". I get the 750 minute for 30 day plan. Web access is limited to mobile web. But is still decent enough to check your Face book through their FB app. You can also check Gmail and the weather.

The phones battery life is great to average depending on how much you use it. As a phone only, it's great. Phone plus music is good. Phone plus music and web, average. You can get a 4 gig memory card to upload your own music and take many more pictures.

The camera on it works well enough. For basic photos it's works well. After taking photos you can make them your background or incoming call background etc. The video fuction is poor. I'm not sure why they even bothered with it. All in all a good phone for the $25 30 day plan. Not really worth the $50 30 day unlimited plan.
on June 23, 2015
As long as you don't expect this to act like an Android or iPhone, it's a good buy.

We had thousands of unused minutes on an old bare-bones Net10 phone that was misplaced. This phone was the replacement. Although Net10 is not exactly known for their customer support, activation was remarkably uneventful. The old Net10 phone was on the T-mobile network, this one arrived with an AT&T SIM card. Using the Net10 website, I was able to deactivate the old phone and add this one as the replacement. There were some hoops to jump through, and then I discovered the need to have the old phone number ported from T-Mobile to AT&T. I expected at least a day of waiting and some sort of hassle, but the Net10 website initiated the process and within an hour I had a working phone, with all of the minutes carried over from the old one!

The bottom line: This phone is better than most $29 phones, and you can get on the AT&T network via Net10 for a lot less money than it costs to go through AT&T.
on April 9, 2012
So far so good. Just received the phone, super fast delivery (only 3 days incl. Sunday). I transferred my phone number from my previous Net10 phone with no problems. Had my new phone working within one hour. Setup was easy and phone seems to work fine.

Just one work of caution: I tried to set up my Security Code so that I could lock my phone for obvious reasons. There seems to be a factory code installed on the phone, because when I tried to enter/change the code of course I didn't know the factory code nor was it listed in the user manual (which is VERY basic). After three unsuccessfus attempts of entering a code I locked my phone and had to enter a PUK code which of course I didn't have either. I ended up going to the Net10 website wich luckily has a forum section, and apparently I'm not the first person who made this same mistake.

If you've locked yourself out of your phone DO NOT attempt to unlock the phone and enter some random number thinking you'll enter the PUK code. After 10 unsuccessful attempts you will permanently lock your phone and will have to replace the SIM card. Go to the Net10 website and from there onto their forum page. You'll have to register as a member before you can request help from an admin. I received a reply within 10 minutes. They will ask you for your SIM number in a private message, but in order to reply in a private message you will have to have posted at least five new posts on any forum page. Not sure why they require such a thing, especially when you have such an annoying problem and need help NOW, but you will have to make those posts before you'll be able to send any private message back to the admin person. Once you can reply and you send that SIM number it wont take long and they will send you that PUK number to unlock your phone. They will also send you your factory security code (mine happend to be 1111), I was able to enter it and then change it to something of my choosing. Now I can safetly lock my phone. Hope this info will keep someone from making the same mistakes I made.
on July 22, 2012
This phone is mostly for basic use. And by basic use, I mean only for calling and very light texting. This phone looks like a smartphone but it's not. In fact, it's the worst phone I've ever had. First of all, the touchscreen is ok but sometimes it's not responsive. The virtual keyboard sucks, I prefer the keypad instead. I am a huge texter and it is really hard to text with this. Yesterday, I ordered the Samsung T401g slider phone ($16.99) which is made for texting. Now I can't wait for it to arrive!! I like the customizable homescreen and the widgets. And one thing I don't like is that some of the basic features of this phone are taken away like when you go to the calender, and you wanna make an appointment or a birthday, you have to use the numeric keypad or the handwriting feature instead of the qwerty keyboard. This also happens when you use the browser. The games that this phone comes with are very fun! And you can download the facebook app and it's pretty good. The Facebook app is a little faster than the browser. The music player is basic and good. When I first got the phone, I thought the 3.5 mm headphone jack (standard) was too small. It fits but it falls out easy. The thing I hate the most about this phone is that, it's impossible to see the screen in direct sunlight!! I've had this phone for exactly two months and it's still working very good. Overall I think this is a good phone for calling and light web browsing.
on July 10, 2012
I purchased this phone for use as a backup/spare phone, in case my fancy schmancy Android phone goes out of whack. For $35, it's not too shabby. It costs $50+ with shipping anywhere else, so this was a great deal on Amazon by shopcelldeals.

The touch screen is pretty sensitive, it doesn't require a lot of hard pressing unless you encounter a tiny object that needs a bit of accuracy. It uses a resistive touch screen, so it's not going to be comparable to a capacitive touch screen found on fancy touch screen phones, like Android phones and iPhone/iPod touch/iPads. I found it very surprising that the screen was so sensitive; from my previous experience with resistive touch screens, they require me to jam my thumb down on the screen to operate, but this phone had no trouble with the touch operation at all. Using the virtual QWERTY keyboard at first was a bit hard for me since I use an Android phone and an iPod touch 4G, but after getting used to the touch screen, it was easy to type.

The features on this phone are quite fulfilling. There are a few smartphone-esque features on this phone, such as a home screen with widgets, a lock screen (sort of), and apps/games capability. The web browser appears to be a full HTML browser; it's easy to navigate around the web, but there is no video streaming capability (YouTube). The music player is pretty good on this device, it scans for all the songs you downloaded to the phone/memory card, and compiles them into a list. The speaker is loud and clear, a lot louder than my Android phone (10/20 volume on this phone is louder than full volume on my Android phone), so this phone is great for anyone who likes to use their phone as a boombox/stereo.

The phone comes preloaded with 2 games, Container Block and Castle Defense. Container Block is quite entertaining, you have to find ways to move your container out of the area by moving other containers out of the way. I haven't played Castle Defense yet, but I'm sure it will be just as fun. You can download Java (J2ME) apps onto this phone, by either using the built-in web browser to download directly from app distribution sites, or transfer .jar files to your phone/memory card, then opening the file on the phone. You can use websites such as GetJar, MobileRated, etc. to get apps and games. The games won't be as fancy as smartphone games, but there are some classic games such as Tic Tac Toe, Tetris, and Pac-Man that you can play. I would recommend downloading Opera Mini so you can browse the web better, because the built-in web browser has a few issues with memory and doesn't have some of the features found in Opera Mini.

The camera will get the job done for occasional snapshots on-the-go. It's a 2 megapixel camera, so don't expect it to take SLR quality pictures or videos. It also doesn't have an LED flash light, which is understandable since this is a low-end phone. Like any other cameras built into phones, it is horrible under low-lighting conditions, so it's best to just stick to taking pictures under bright light. In order to use the digital zoom option for taking photos, you would have to tune the size down to VGA quality (640x480). The video it records are somewhat decent; again, do not expect it to be high quality. The camera has a few settings such as brightness control, white balance, color effect, timer, continuous shot mode, night mode, etc. so you can shoot photos and videos with a few preferences.

Now let's just get on with the miscellaneous stuff. The phone has common tools and utilities like calendar, alarm clock, calculator, tasks and memo pad, stop watch, world clock, voice recorder, and even a unit converter. There's two pages on the main menu, so be sure to swipe over to find the rest of the apps. The battery is a bit small, only holding 900mAh; it's not too bad since this isn't a fancy smartphone, it doesn't use as much power. The phone runs on AT&T towers, and their EDGE service (theoretical max speed is around 240Kbps, most people only get around half of that). I get 4 to 5 bars most of the time at my house, so if you have good AT&T reception at where you live, you're good to go. You can send and view MMS messages, so that's not a problem there. You can transfer contacts from another phone by either mashing them into a .vcf file, which is a feature found on most feature/smartphones; or you can transfer them to your phone via Bluetooth.

This is a good feature/semi-smart phone for someone upgrading from another feature phone, or using it for a spare phone. It will get the job done if it fits your need, but don't expect it to be comparable to true smartphones (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc.)
on January 6, 2013
I have spent so long searching for a touchscreen phone that wasn't actually a smartphone. I am so glad I found this one! This is a really great phone if you just want something basic, but a little nicer than the usual basic flip-phones or 'stick' phones. I really like the touch screen, and I like that it is really small and thin. It has all the regular features that I've come to expect from a cell phone, like clock, calender, alarms, camera, calculator, games, etc. It also has a video recorder, and a voice recorder. The camera does not take very good pictures, but then again, it's a cell-phone, not a camera, who cares. I don't know about browsing the internet on the phone because I refuse to pay money for that. So basically, if you're looking for a basic phone that doesn't look totally out-dated, this one is for you! If you're one of those people who thinks they need to pay hundreds a month so that their cell phone can run their entire lives for them, well, look elsewhere.
on July 8, 2012
The phone works fine except when you want to go online but is fine for calls and text messaging is awesome. If they could just speed up internet it would be perfect. Dropped it three times already and so far no problems have shown up.

Internet contection takes way two long and is shaky at best. Spotty all over the place. Not cool since I have wifi in the house but cant seem to use it to help , Only wish it had more games compatible with it.