Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 94 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 180 reviews
on April 30, 2016
I bought this tv 2 1/2 years ago for a Christmas gift and I am very disappointed in it!! In this short time the picture is terrible, and we're not big tv watchers, we only watch it in the evening for a short time, so it should have lasted a lot longer!!...it has a line going through it and is very blurry...obviously it's not a good sign...I called my cable company thinking it may be on their end, but no, not at all, they checked and unfortunately it's the tv...called a repair man and he said it's too expensive to repair, not worth fixing it, it's best to buy a new tv!!!
It will be the last LG I will ever purchase!!! They need to stand behind their products for longer than 1 yr., that tells me they must know ii's going to die soon after purchasing! If i could have I wouldn't have given it any stars, but I can't write a review without giving it at least one star...
I'm so disgusted in LG Electronics!!! DON"T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS!!!
on December 28, 2015
I bought this for my mother almost 2 years ago exactly for Christmas of 2013. All of the sudden on December 23rd 2015, the screen goes black. You could still hear the TV, just not see anything. I spoke with a TV repair guy, and he said it would cost more to fix, than it would to buy a new TV. He also said he's been getting calls about the same exact issue with LG flat screen TVs lately. So, my mother was left without a television for the holidays. I contacted LG, and explained what my situation was. This is what they nonchalantly replied with: "Unfortunately, the repairs that were completed on the TV cannot be reimbursed. After the (1) year manufacture warranty has expired, the repair cost would be on the customer". So basically, their $600 TVs are only good for one year. If you think that's a deal, then go ahead and buy one. I'm never buying from LG ever again, and I'm going to tell everyone I know exactly what happened with my transaction with LG so they know what they are getting into if they purchase anything from this company.
VINE VOICEon May 19, 2014
I think I would have bought this again, except that LG discontinued the model for unknown reasons. All in all, we've been really happy with this television. After a long history of being loyal to Sony televisions, we tried LG when we found ourselves in need of a 2nd and on a budget. LG was a good decision. For 1/3 less the cost, the LG brought us a picture that I find better than the Sony's in some cases, worse in others. The LG's picture color contrast appears more defined to me, while the sharpness / focus of images less. The little less sharpness / focus would not have been at all noticeable if the two sets had not been running side by side at one point. The LG also weighs noticeably less. Processing (smart) features work equally well on both sets, with the nod going to the LG. The remotes of both are lackluster, although LG will provide a higher quality device for extra moola.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2014
Bought this TV for a good price, and it was well worth it. Love the size and the image. Compared to our previous 40" LCD (also 60 Hz 1080p), there's quite a difference in the image.

I love the features - auto updates, Hulu, Amazon, Youtube, etc. Do sometimes have issues when streaming (random pauses), now just can't narrow down if the problem is my home fiber-optics internet or the TV app. My guess is the internet connection, which is why I'm not dinging the review rating.

I wasn't a big fan of the energy saving feature - mainly because the image would all of a sudden dim and would sometimes be hard to see the darker details.

Wish it was a little bit thinner, but for the price, I'm overall very satisfied with this purchase.
on April 23, 2014
The good: The smart TV stuff is friggin awesome, linked this TV to the house network in no time. There is an app for your phone to be a remote and you can sync youtube from your phone too.... there is too much fun to be had.

The bad: While the speakers are sometime fine, i feel like they screwed up the balance because the dialogue is often inaudible while the music is way loud. Very disappointing that there is effectively no adjustments available on the TV nor is their a way to hook up external speakers. There are also some codec issues and if there are subs on your digital movies you can't turn them off through the TV. You can adjust the files on your computer to fix the issue but it should be controllable on the TV if you can do it on VLC
on December 31, 2013
Pros:
* The TV is easy to set up and has an awesome picture.
* iPad remote control application works well in lieu of a keyboard/mouse combo.
* The built-in applications were easy to set up and easy to access (netflix, amazon streaming, browser, etc.).

Cons:
* Couldn't turn of the fast frame rate on netflix which is VERY annoying (though it can be disabled on the normal TV).
* The stand is terrible. Even walking on the floor near the TV causes it to rock back and forth. Needed to buy a wall mount to get this under control.
* Also, there were not enough classic inputs (RCA video and audio in). Only one component video. No RCA audio out, but did have a headphone out jack that was a good substitute.
on February 26, 2014
LG RULES
This by far the very best tv that i have ever purchased. The colors are so vivid. The size 55" is the absolute perfect size.. The features of this TV make it absolutely perfect. The price was absolutely a steal. I WOULD BUY A SECOND ONE AT THE SAME OR NEAR PRICE. The setup took about 20 minutes. The remote works very good. I have since bought the magic remote. I am using this with a BUFFALO 300 router.WE get WOW comments from just about everyone that sees this TV. We also own a SHARP 60" IN ANOTHER ROOM THAT WAS SUBSTANRIALY more expensive. IT IS AVERY GOOD SET AND IS ONE OF THE FAVORITES. Then when someone sees this LG THEY ARE BLOWN AWAY.
on March 12, 2014
I researched TVs for years. LED v. LCD, 60 HZ v. 120 HZ, what size to buy, etc. I bought the perfect tv for me. The picture is beautiful. It was easy to hook up. Getting it synced with my home computer and iPad took a bit of time but was so worth it. I love the Smart features. The price was awesome, and it is the perfect size for a condo. I also wanted to note that I got it out of the box, assembled the stand, and managed to lift/slide it up on a tv stand by myself. So, if you are hesitating on buying a big tv because you live alone and don't have anyone to help you, stop fretting. The box makes a nice lever to raise the tv up a few feet.
on May 19, 2014
Pros: great picture and sound quality... smart function works very well with little or no lag and very fast response time when compared to other more expensive smart tv's i have used before like samsung, ect.

Cons: the only thing i could think of is that its only 60hz but hey for the price i paid ($599) i can live with that, its not really that noticeable to me anyways.

In concluding, i have had this tv for about 6 months now and haven't had any issues with it thus far. i would buy this tv again at that price and would also recommend it to others.
on January 28, 2014
It's everything I expected from LG. While it didn't come with a smart remote, I have an app on my Samsung tablet that allows me to do everything I want. We're connecting laptops and tablets wirelessly, running a variety of apps, and playing games with ease. The picture is sharp and clear, audio surprisingly good for the small speaker size and... oh yeah... my Direct TV looks really good on it, too. :o) For the price, I could've purchased a slightly larger regular TV, but love the smart functions. Great deal for the price.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse