LG Electronics LP0814WNR 115-volt Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control, 8000 BTU
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 8,000 BTU vented portable air conditioner uses standard 115-volt electrical outlet
- Compressor : Rotary. Cools a room up to 200 sq. ft. with dehumidification up to 2 pints per hour
- LED display panel with 2 fan speeds and 2 cooling speeds
- Auto-restart saves your settings for when power is restored to the unit
- Easy roll caster wheels allow for easy movement across most floor surfaces
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Room to room, house to house or home to work, LG's LP0814WNR 8,000 BTU 115V portable air conditioner with remote control is the ideal climate-control solution for when you're on the go. With a sleek contemporary design, this free standing unit blends in with any room decor. The auto evaporation system allows for continuous use without removing any water and with the programmable 24-hour on/off timer, you can control the temperature even when you're not there.
Compare with similar items
LG LP0817WSR 115V Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control in White for Rooms up to 150-Sq. Ft.
LG LP1015WNR 115V Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control in White for Rooms up to 250-Sq. Ft.
Honeywell MN10CESWW Portable Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier & Fan for Rooms Up To 450 Sq. Ft. with Remote Control (White)
Global Air 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Cooling /Fan with Remote Control in White
Costway 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control Dehumidifier Function Window Wall Mount (White)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||costway|
|Item Dimensions||13.9 x 11.8 x 29.75 in||18.74 x 23.74 x 15.98 in||17.03 x 11.81 x 31.28 in||18.1 x 15.2 x 29.4 in||13 x 17 x 31.3 in||13 x 12 x 24.5 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here are some important things to know before you buy an air conditioner.
#1. This unit is rated "up to 200sq ft". This means under ideal conditions that is the maximum size room it will cool. Meaning the room would have to be very well insulated with newer high efficiency windows and no leaks or air gaps..... most rooms do not fall under this category.
As a general rule of thumb subtract 1/3 from the maximum coverage area to find the normal area it would service. So under typical conditions this unit would work well up to about 130sq ft. (A small room) If you live in an older poorly insulated home with single pane windows or an older trailer home then its max coverage drops down to around 100 sqft. (A very small room) So keep this in mind especially if you have it in your head that this will cool the room down to your desired set point. Do not expect a small portable 8000btu unit to perform like a 36000btu (3ton) central air unit would.
#2 This product just like window AC or any other ductless air-conditioning will not give you even cooling. You will in all likelihood end up with hot spots. The only way to solve this issue is through ventilation (central air) or by using multiple units placed strategically around the house.
#3 All air conditioners are loud... the only thing that makes central Ac units quieter is because the compressor is outside and the fan is far away from you. The more air it pushes the louder it will be.
#4 this unit ducts its hot exhaust to the outside through a window using a tube. Make absolutely certain the window is air tight so you arent letting hot air back in. It also helps alot to insulate the tube. You could also install a drier vent if you wanted a nicer, more permanent installation.
#5 regardless of how low the thermostat goes. You wont get your temps down into the 60's. Lower 70s are about the best you can hope for. Even for larger AC units this is difficult because coils start to freeze up, condensation occurs, and you start getting a "spitting effect" where warm air hits the frost covered coil and blows water out the vent. If you try to run the unit too cold or the unit gets too dirty the coils will eventually freeze over. This is bad because air doesn't go through it , instead it goes around. Causing water everywhere and the unit to blow room temperature air. This can also happen if the unit leaks freon for some reason.
Anyway i hope this helps. I hope you learned something. And i hope this causes fewer people to be dissapointed.
They make these units up to 14000btu wich covers up to 500sq ft (350 realistically) so make sure you size appropriately. Happy summer everyone.
Plus, chances were, it was going to take forever to cool down my room and the best I could probably hope for would be about 5-10 degree drop in temp., 15 if I was real lucky. And that's if I was sitting right in front of it!
So, here's the deal.
1. This thing barely makes more noise than a med - large size fan.
2. Sleeping while it's on, not a problem. Unless of course your one of those people that need absolute silence. Personally, I normally always have a fan on anyway and I don't really notice much more noise. Maybe a little more but, honestly, barely. Sleeping with it on, easily done by normal sleep pattern people.
3. My room (12x15) dropped 5 degrees in about 15 minutes.
4. I have cool air blowing on me 5-7 feet away. One of the complaints was you basically had to be sitting right on it to feel cold air coming out. Question - Since this is rated for up to 200 Sq.ft., How far away from it could you possible be in the first place to "not" feel cool air?
5. I have a window unit, I hate it because I have to take it out during cold months (it's heavy) and that thing is easily 4-5 times louder then this LG unit.
Bottom line, for a portable unit, this thing is awesome! You won't be disappointed. Unless of course you have unrealistic expectations or don't actually understand the limitations as well as the benefits of a portable AC unit.
Worth every dime of the money!
Two quick notes on this air conditioner:
1) it puts out a very noticeable "stream" of cold air. Thus, you may find yourself freezing if you do not have an out-of-the-way place to put the air conditioner.
Be careful when installing the window kit--if you don't make an airtight seal (or at least near air-tight), you will find that hot air flowing back in negates the effects of the air conditioner.
Most recent customer reviews
FYI I will probably never buy another of your products, one hose is dead after 4 months and...Read more