3 Year Asurion Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's labor warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
LG Electronics LP0814WNR 115-volt Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control, 8000 BTU
|Price:||$449.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 8,000 BTU vented portable air conditioner uses standard 115-volt electrical outlet
- Compressor : Rotary. Cools a room up to 200 sq. ft. with dehumidification up to 2 pints per hour
- LED display panel with 2 fan speeds and 2 cooling speeds
- Auto-restart saves your settings for when power is restored to the unit
- Easy roll caster wheels allow for easy movement across most floor surfaces.Air Flow (CFM) 180
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Room to room, house to house or home to work, LG's LP0814WNR 8,000 BTU 115V portable air conditioner with remote control is the ideal climate-control solution for when you're on the go. With a sleek contemporary design, this free standing unit blends in with any room decor. The auto evaporation system allows for continuous use without removing any water and with the programmable 24-hour on/off timer, you can control the temperature even when you're not there.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here are some important things to know before you buy an air conditioner.
#1. This unit is rated "up to 200sq ft". This means under ideal conditions that is the maximum size room it will cool. Meaning the room would have to be very well insulated with newer high efficiency windows and no leaks or air gaps..... most rooms do not fall under this category.
As a general rule of thumb subtract 1/3 from the maximum coverage area to find the normal area it would service. So under typical conditions this unit would work well up to about 130sq ft. (A small room) If you live in an older poorly insulated home with single pane windows or an older trailer home then its max coverage drops down to around 100 sqft. (A very small room) So keep this in mind especially if you have it in your head that this will cool the room down to your desired set point. Do not expect a small portable 8000btu unit to perform like a 36000btu (3ton) central air unit would.
#2 This product just like window AC or any other ductless air-conditioning will not give you even cooling. You will in all likelihood end up with hot spots. The only way to solve this issue is through ventilation (central air) or by using multiple units placed strategically around the house.
#3 All air conditioners are loud... the only thing that makes central Ac units quieter is because the compressor is outside and the fan is far away from you. The more air it pushes the louder it will be.
#4 this unit ducts its hot exhaust to the outside through a window using a tube. Make absolutely certain the window is air tight so you arent letting hot air back in. It also helps alot to insulate the tube. You could also install a drier vent if you wanted a nicer, more permanent installation.
#5 regardless of how low the thermostat goes. You wont get your temps down into the 60's. Lower 70s are about the best you can hope for. Even for larger AC units this is difficult because coils start to freeze up, condensation occurs, and you start getting a "spitting effect" where warm air hits the frost covered coil and blows water out the vent. If you try to run the unit too cold or the unit gets too dirty the coils will eventually freeze over. This is bad because air doesn't go through it , instead it goes around. Causing water everywhere and the unit to blow room temperature air. This can also happen if the unit leaks freon for some reason.
Anyway i hope this helps. I hope you learned something. And i hope this causes fewer people to be dissapointed.
They make these units up to 14000btu wich covers up to 500sq ft (350 realistically) so make sure you size appropriately. Happy summer everyone.
Plus, chances were, it was going to take forever to cool down my room and the best I could probably hope for would be about 5-10 degree drop in temp., 15 if I was real lucky. And that's if I was sitting right in front of it!
So, here's the deal.
1. This thing barely makes more noise than a med - large size fan.
2. Sleeping while it's on, not a problem. Unless of course your one of those people that need absolute silence. Personally, I normally always have a fan on anyway and I don't really notice much more noise. Maybe a little more but, honestly, barely. Sleeping with it on, easily done by normal sleep pattern people.
3. My room (12x15) dropped 5 degrees in about 15 minutes.
4. I have cool air blowing on me 5-7 feet away. One of the complaints was you basically had to be sitting right on it to feel cold air coming out. Question - Since this is rated for up to 200 Sq.ft., How far away from it could you possible be in the first place to "not" feel cool air?
5. I have a window unit, I hate it because I have to take it out during cold months (it's heavy) and that thing is easily 4-5 times louder then this LG unit.
Bottom line, for a portable unit, this thing is awesome! You won't be disappointed. Unless of course you have unrealistic expectations or don't actually understand the limitations as well as the benefits of a portable AC unit.
Worth every dime of the money!
I was not expecting anything more than for this unit to offer some relief in my small bedroom. But when it arrived I excitedly set it up in my living room and to my surprise it lowered the temperature down to a comfortable 72 degrees in about an hour. I walked around the house with my thermometer app and it had cooled the whole 800 square foot apartment down. You can't ask for more than that !!!
My apartment has maintained a comfortable 65 degrees in most all of the rooms. The hottest being the back bedroom and it is a comfortable 72 degrees in that room. I am so impressed with this unit I highly recommend it.
I don't find it noisy at all. The noise that I hear is so quiet Pleasant sound that is actually drowning out the street noises so I have no complaints.
Been running this thing 24/7 since April 6th of 2016. I have nothing but good things to say about it. I did notice that it began to not perform as well as initially stated in my review. I found that I needed to clean my filters and shorten my hose to restore its initial functionality.
Another tip is to check the window where it's installed. I found a significant amount of heat coming back into the apartment through the crack at the top of the window where the lock latches are. Once I put foam in there it greatly improved the performance of the unit.
Another tip I noticed that a lot of heat was bleeding through the hose. I had purchased some $1 windshield solar shades for my car from a dollar store, and use them to wrap around the hose. My apartment has maintained very comfortable temperature throughout this entire summer. If it were to die today, it still would have paid for itself. Extremely pleased with this purchase. If your results aren't as good as mine, please try these tips.