Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 274 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 295 reviews
on April 20, 2012
My husband and I both have this phone. For a touch screen, it works pretty well. I like all the features and they are easy to use. The screen does play scroll crazy once in a while but I think that is typical for a touch screen. Battery life is pretty good, I plug it in every 2-3 days. I've had better but I've also had worse. I've dropped the phone a few times and it still works great, but it seems that it is designed to have the back pop off and the battery fall out if you even drop it from a couple inches above a surface. Sound has never been an issue, on speaker phone or otherwise. Not too many ringtones/alarms available but who really cares about that anyway? I'm not in love with this phone but I really don't have any complaints either.
33 comments| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2014
Arrived in brand new, never been used retail packaging as advertised. This is my second LG Encore. I had my previous one for at least five years. I am happy to find this phone still on the market. I don't like having to learn new features on a new, different make and model. This one fits my needs. Since it isn't a smartphone, it doesn't require a data plan. I am not happy that Cellphone Network Companies require you to have a data plan just because you own a smart phone. The Wireless feature on smart phones is what would be attractive to me. I don't have that advantage on a non-smart phone. Sorry...off topic.

SPECIAL NOTE: After fully charging the phone, when I put my ATT SIM card in and powered on the phone, the message 'Purchase Go Phone Minutes'(or some similar verbage)displayed. My first thought was that the phone was defective. I read the UserGuide, which suggested cleaning my SIM card. After following this advice, my phone functioned normally.

BOTTOM LINE: I would recommend this phone for those of you who want a basic, touchscreen non-smart phone.
on November 1, 2012
I bought this phone as a back up until my renewal. It LOOKS nice but that's about it. I hated it after only having it for a few days. I ignored other's reviews thinking they were just picky. No, this phone is crap. It takes great pictures out in sunlight and that is about the only good thing I have to say about this. It randomly freezes and restarts. My settings change constantly out of nowhere. The texting is the worst. It barely recognizes when I hit a button and rarely types what I was trying to say. The texts I receive back have the strangest times on them. (ex. I will send a text at 7:50 PM and someone will respond but their text will say it was sent at 4:12 AM). The message icon will stay on the screen even if I don't have any messages. The whole phone is just a piece of junk but will work okay for me for a few short months. If I could go back and purchase a different phone I would have. Not happy with this. Don't waste your time or money.
on January 13, 2013
I would say the gist of this phone is that you get what you pay for. I bought it for my grandmother so that she could have a "smart phone" (she wanted a touch screen phone, she's pretty hip) but I didn't want to get her anything that would require a data plan. So, I did some research, found this phone and figured it would fit the bill. It works, but listen to the other reviewers, the touch screen is pretty "touchy" (pardon the pun). It isn't super responsive and I wish I could have found something a little better, but that being said, it works just fine for my 88-year-old grandmother to have a "fancy" phone that takes pictures and has texting and is a touch screen, even if the touch screen is kinda lacking. The biggest bonus to this phone is that it doesn't require a data plan and I could put all of my grandmother's speed dial numbers right on the third home screen so all she has to do is tap the picture of my mom and hit call to call her, which she loves! Not a great phone, but a decent starter "smart phone" for the price. :)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2017
Excellent! Item was delivered on time and as advertised.
on September 13, 2013
I'm so far extremely pleased with this phone.I had zero problems with setup and so Far It works exactly as expected.Consumer cellular is my carrier and all I had to do was slip in their card and charge the phone.I looked for a long time for a great simply touchscreen phone and this one fits my needs.
on June 14, 2013
I got this phone yesterday and am returning it today. Navagating through the options is a hassle. You have to press hard when selecting an option. Once you select some options, you wait forever just to get no where. Texting is not an easy task and I'm an avid texter. If you want to access the web, forget about it. I was able to make 2 calls and the sound quality was great; this the only reason I gave it 2 stars. But, I bought this phone expecting it to do more than just make phone calls. And one of the calls took a few tries before it would dial.

Pros: Ships fast, excellent sound quality

Cons: Nothing else works, hassle, sore finger from trying to select options that don't work.
on July 5, 2017
good
on February 6, 2014
We got this phone to replace a lost one. We later found the phone, so we added this one to another member of the family. We are using it with T-Mobile which is and ATT tower user. We can not use internet, and other features ATT offers because it is not their phone. We primarily needed it to call our college student so the internet was not that important. This is the fourth GT550 phone we purchased and all 4 seem to develop permanent black spots on the screen with use. If you can afford it, get a phone higher up on the list. If not, this one will serve as a "phone."
on November 27, 2013
This phone was not unlocked. It clearly states in the description that it is compatible with AT&T and T-mobile sim cards, but upon inserting our T-mobile sim card, the phone said AT&T sim card only. I have ordered unlocked phones before and this is the first time I've had this problem. I called Amazon and they said the only thing they could do was send me a prepaid label to send it back and refund my money. Now I have to start over finding another unlocked phone and wait for it to arrive. Hopefully the next company will be more reputable and actually send me a phone that is UNLOCKED!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.