Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19 reviews
on August 6, 2012
Bought phone so could retain my US AT&T Sim while travelling in Europe with Pre-Paid Sims there. This phone did Not work with subscriber AT&T Sim from USA & German PrePaid Sim from T-Mobile. It worked fine with German T-Mobile Sim once we Removed my USA AT&T card. We didn't even try using 2 Sims in France, where it worked fine with French giant, SFR.

Don't know whether conflict is specific to AT&T or other phone companies. Have not tried it with 2 of same company to see if compatible. The premise for phone is great, but can see why Not promoted in USA. That said, phone works fine, has an excellent, very long battery life, but voice quality could be better. Great high volume to hear ring & caller's voice in loud, crowded places. Has lots of whistles & bells I don't need, but Not a speakerphone which comes in handy. If it works with 2 Sims from same company, then would be good for someone with a personal & business number. Also, supplied adapter for charger plug didn't fit well & had to replace with a separate purchase Euro to USA adapter. Phone primarily designed for Asian market & charger has Euro Plug.
on October 27, 2012
Finally I found a dual sim that is not a Chinese unknown brand! Works fine both cards on all existing frequencies, not that expensive.
A detail: come with a tiny adapter to convert the battery loader European socket to the American socket. At least, you are ready to travel!
Have all basic functions you need.
We live 10 miles from a border, one sim for each country => lots of money saved because almost no roaming anymore.
on October 6, 2011
I got this phone because I needed to have another line for work. I received the phone promptly, in its original box. The seal on the box was broken to facilitate the unlock process. I was able to use two T-Mobile SIM cards, one post-paid for a line I currently had and one pre-paid which I ordered from T-Mobile. Once powered up, the phone detected the T-Mobile network with both SIMs. I have been using the phone for over two weeks now. The antenna is stronger than my previous phone, a Samsung Gravity 2, and only requires charging once a week. I am happy with my purchase and would recommend this phone to others who need to have two lines but prefer having one phone to do the job instead of trying to keep track of two separate phones. It may not have the features of most phones today, but the model is relatively new (first released last year). It gets the job done; I have no complaints.
on March 7, 2012
This was quite a nice cell phone. It supports the use of 2 SIM cards and has quad band support for use on pretty much every GSM network in the world. There were a lot of useful features including: alarm clock, 5 included games, fake phone call, black listed contacts, camera, flashlight and many more. But, I had to return the device, the voice quality was quite bad. After all I'm going to be using this to make calls. On the few phone calls I did make, I did notice the earpiece volume was adequate, but I found myself constantly asking the caller to repeat themselves because I couldn't understand what they were saying. If there was a way to improve the voice quality I would say this phone is a keeper, but because the voice quality was so bad It just wasn't for me.
on February 11, 2011
I ordered this phone because of its dual-sim configuration. My wife travels to Europe once a year and we both travel there on vacation every year or two. I thought it would be nice to have an unlocked phone to use with our (pre-paid) T-Mobile service here in the US and with local carriers in Europe so we would not have to pay outrageous international charges.

The phone itself is nice and light. It came with LG software on a mini-disk, an international charging plug, a micro usb cable, a pair of ear phones and an English language Users Guide. A very nice setup. The phone feels good in my hands and menu setup seems easy. I particularly liked the reasonably large numeric keys on the front for making calls. So why only 3 stars?

The phone does not appear to work with T-Mobile. When I tried to make a call, the attempt failed. When I tried to do an automatic Network assignment the phone failed to register with the network. When I tried to do a manual Network assignment I found out why the previous attempts had failed - the only network the phone sees is AT&T. T-Mobile and Cingular both have good signals in this area, so I have to assume that the phone is locked to AT&T. Since the phone is marketed as unlocked that seems like a serious issue to me. My attempts to work with Amazon customer service to get the phone unlocked have not been fruitful since customer service, although wanting to help, does not have the unlock codes.

I might have given it fewer stars since it does not work as an unlocked phone, but my guess is that the phone would be very nice if it did work with T-Mobile. I will ask Amazon to replace it to try again and I will update this review accordingly.

UPDATED 2/14/2011

Amazon shipped a replacement phone overnight and it arrived today. The packing was somewhat different from the first in that it contained a warranty card (the first package did not) and did not contain the mini-disk for the LG software. This gave me some cause for hope, but when tested the phone still only acknowledged the AT&T network so I could not use my T-Mobile sim card. Reluctantly I had to return this phone also, but before doing so I contacted a tech at one of the stores that specialize in unlocked phones and he suggested that the issue might be the pre-paid card and not the phone.

I then took the phone to one of the local T-Mobile stores and explained my problem to them. They took a regular (that is, not pre-paid) sim card and placed it in the phone. When the phone was booted up it saw both the T-Mobile and AT&T networks. When the pre-paid sim was placed back in the phone it was again unable to see the T-Mobile network. Hence the problem is not that the phone is actually locked, but that it will not work with the T-Mobile pre-paid sims. Since that is what I have I reluctantly returned the phone. This experience made me wonder if some of the other reviewers that complained of unlocked phones being locked were running into the same issue and I felt that I should detail my experience in case it would help someone else.
88 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2012
We wanted a phone to use on trips abroad, and this phone allows us to use it both here and while traveling almost anywhere. Since we already have a smart phone and an iPad, we didn't need any bells and whistles beyond a phone that makes calls. The LG GX200 fills the bill. We took it to our local T-Mobile store, and they sold us a SIM card and a plan that gives us 1,000 minutes over the next 12 months for $100 (which should be plenty for the way we'll use it). They made sure that it worked, and ported our old cell phone's number over to it. When we get to Europe, we'll buy the second SIM card. This is a good phone for the person who wants the convenience of a phone to use while traveling abroad without investing a lot of money.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2012
The phone arrived early. It's a European phone and it came with the adapter for the charger, and a mini CD with software. Love the dual SIM. More features that I thought it had: video recording, FM radio, audio recording, torch (flashlight), browser, etc. Very nice for the price. I use one SIM for keeping my old cell number active and the other for my new number (after relocating for work). Dual SIM is good if you want to keep your personal number and work number separate.
on January 18, 2012
I ordered it to take to Nepal for a friend. I put my T Mobile SIM in it and it worked fine.

It doesn't mention that it has a FM radio built into it in the description. Also a flashlight.

Very happy with it because it is simple and easy to work.

Thanks
on February 25, 2014
This is a great product that worked just as advertised. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for this type of item.
on July 13, 2015
Good Cellphone, works fine..

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.