Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on January 15, 2011
I purchased the LG Hx300g for our local Vectorworks (CAD) user group. We use it to demonstrate CAD techniques and view drawings. Group members bring their own laptops (mostly a Mac group, but some PC users as well) and had no problems with linking to the projector. We were unanimously impressed with its bright clear image and its ability to display the fine detail of the CAD images. I should mention the projector was reasonably easy to focus since this is not mentioned in any of the reviews and it was difficult to achieve an accurate focus on many of the other pico and palm projectors I tried. The Hx300g features native XGA which allows us to display the higher screen resolutions from the laptops without losing much information. Many of the palm sized projectors have the ability to display at higher resolutions, but achieve it through digital processing. At the time of this review, I still haven't found another small LED-based projector with native XGA resolution and decent (270) lumen output so this is worth a look if you don't mind the price. I also tested it on Powerpoint and a number of other computer applications like SketchUp and the images were all clear with good color rendition. And I had the same good luck with HD movies using an HDMI cable to connect to a DVD player. I don't think the HDMI cable was provided with the projector, but it did come with a great carrying case which easily holds the projector (in a separate compartment) and all the cables and power cord/power brick. The projector does have a little adjustable front leg which worked great for leveling/aiming, but I would recommend a sturdy mini-tripod (not a gorilla pod though).

Note, the 1 watt (stereo) speakers were underpowered even if you're holding the projector in your hand, so you'll need a proper sound system if you want to hear movies or a webinar. My initial tests with the FM signal to wirelessly send sound to a radio didn't work out, but I should probably work on that a bit more.
55 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2011
Requirements:

Projector that was light, small and durable.
Long lamp life.
Good picture in darkened room for movies, TV - sports and gaming.

What I received:

Small box 30x30x10cm containing:
Projector
Sweet shoulder bag (handbag) that fits everything,
VGA cable
VGA-Component adapter cable
PSU- laptop type
Mid sized remote with batteries
Easy to use menu system

What I did upon unboxing:
Set it up in a semi darkened room = not too bad a picture for presentations. Would definatly need the nearest lights off when presenting.

Set it up in a darkened room with an Playstation 3 = Very impressed with the resolution. Displayed great colours with a 1.2m (diag) screen. Displayed good colours with a 2.5-3.0m screen. 4m screen still had a pretty good display.This was only on a matt white smooth wall.

Set it up under the top bunk, facing down the end of my bed onto a matt white board(1.3m throw)= 90-100cm 16:9 screen using the re-sizing options in the menu. With this setup (currenty serving in Afghanistan in a shared room)and with a blanket drapped to block light out, you can get a sweet hi-resolution image, and with the headphone o/p, you can view a movie in silence without bugging your mates.

Pros:
Small
30,000 hr LED bulb - afford to use as TV
1024x768 Resolution - good for movies and games
Remote
Included handbag to fit everything in
FM xmitter for audio
Easilly mountable with a standard tripos fitting on the bottom
USB i/p with inbuilt media player
Built in speaker (local area)

Cons:
Nil. Exactly what I wanted.

You won't be dissapointed with your purchase. Its worth spending that little bit extra to never replace a bulb.
on December 14, 2012
I've had this thing for about 23 months now.

It's hard to say how many hours I used with this thing, but it's probably been over 1000 hours. I was using it primarily for gaming and watching the occasional movie.

I bought this for the longevity of the LED technology, the shortcomings with this is that the projector is not as bright as other technology, and max resolution is not as good as others. For me, I can work around this.

In order to use this, being in a dark room is a must. You can't even use this in a somewhat dark room where daylight is leaking through window blinds, it's got be really dark in order for this to be tolerable. I was hoping the projector would be a little brighter, but it'll do.

My current setup I have the projector about 10 feet from my wall, which will create about a 110" image (widescreen). With a little tweaking, I can get a fairly good quality projection. It does a very good job playing movies and some computer games. It does well with first person shooters or games that do not require reading small text. When I try to play games such a The Old Republic or Baldur's Gate 2 or Dragon Age, it can be an eye strain to make out the small text.

The projector doesn't do as good a job web browsing with widescreen as it does with its native resolution. However using the zoom feature on the browsers (at least with Chrome) fixes the issue.

The device is somewhat loud, especially in cinema mode, but for me it wasn't that much of a deal. I've been ignore computer noises for a couple decades now, and this device is no different, it has become white noise to me.

***Important issue****
Almost a year into using this thing, the projector suddenly stopped turning on. The LEDs that light up the buttons on the projector would like light up for a couple seconds, then turn off completely again. I checked where the power cord plugs into the back and some reason the black plastic tip of the cord was slightly melted. When I tried to plug it back it, it wouldn't smoothly go back in. So something in that area probably got overheated and damaged.

It was still under warranty at the time, so I was able to send it to Huntsville Alabama for repair and got it back in about two weeks. Haven't had an issue since then. I haven't used it nearly as much these last 6 months because I was playing games that needed to be able to read very small text or just haven't been in the mood to play games.

The projector is satisfactory, but there's definitely better out there. I was definitely disappointed that the quality was just short of being able to play those RPGs.
on August 5, 2012
I was given the task of arranging a "Swim-In-Movie" party for my daughter's 11th birthday. I ordered the LG HX300G 1024x768 XGA 270 Lumens Ultra-Mobile LED Projector 2000:1after reading about and researching quite a few different projectors. I took a shot with the LED projector even though it is still fairly new technology. I was not disappointed. The party went off without a hitch and the little projector made a big splash with the kids. I also purchased a Camp Chef Outdoor Entertainment Gear OS92 Indoor/Outdoor Movie Theater Screen that worked out perfectly for the occasion.

Pros:
1)The projector is very small and portable. (just slightly larger then a CD case)
2)Hook up was simple with either HDMI, USB or Composite cables. (I used composite from a DVD player with a separate audio out to an older boom box for the sound)
3)Beautiful vibrant color and excellent clarity. (I used a regular DVD player to show the movie there are quite a few different viewing modes you can use in the picture menu)
4)The picture is able to be adjusted for front or rear projection. (this was not readily evident in the product description or reviews that I read prior to my purchase)
5)Price. (at around $520.00 I feel it was on the low end of the mid-priced projectors)
6)It runs pretty quietly. (The fans run continuously but are not very loud)
7)It comes with a very nice carrying case that allows for storage of all of the cables and accessories.
8)LED projectors claim 30,000 hours of bulb life.(So far it is still working after 7 hours I'll let you know after another 29,993 hours how it holds up)

Cons:
1)You definitely need low light to view the picture. (I haven't tried it indoors yet but when we used it outside, the sun had to completely set before we could have a quality viewable picture)
2)There is no zoom feature.(this is not a huge negative if you have the ability to physically move the projector or screen to get the size image you need)
3)The audio you get from the unit itself is not loud enough to project any great distance and has inferior sound quality. (this is easily remedied with an external sound system of any type)

Overall I am very happy with the LG HX300G and would definitely recommend this projector to anyone that is interested in a portable light weight projector to use for an outdoor theater experience. I liked the fact that I could use both the Camp Chef Outdoor Entertainment Gear OS92 Indoor/Outdoor Movie Theater Screen and the LG HX300G 1024x768 XGA 270 Lumens Ultra-Mobile LED Projector 2000:1 as rear projection and keep the projector and electronic equipment away from the edge of the pool.
on May 31, 2011
We use this to show movies on the outside of our RV trailer. Looks great even before total darkness. Two minor complaints - FM transmitter, could not get any radio to pickup a signal farther out more than a few feet. Not very useful it appears. The ability to play movies (MKV, etc.) works well - except anything encoded with DTS sound. Anything with DTS will not have *any* sound - will show a error message (something like not supported, etc).

I would have paid more for a DTS version, as they would of had to pay a license for it. Would have 5 *s with DTS and maybe a stronger FM transmitter.
on September 13, 2011
I received this projector 3 months ago. Shipping was fast and got it 2 days earlier. As for the performance, the reviews were correct. Easy to setup and comes with a bag which is a plus. This projector delivers an outstanding image. Vivid colors and high definition image quality. Fan is barely noticeable. I use it everyday as my TV because it is hooked up on my cable box and movies during the night. The only downside is that the built in speakers are not loud enough but wtheck, I've hooked them up to my home theater system. I will definitely recommend.
on June 19, 2012
I bought this projector from amazon, its a very good little projector, unbelievable quality, I am highly satisfied with this projector. I paid S499, its an awesome cute little projector, Actually I bought a 55 inch 3d led vizio 2012 model just 75 days old, dead, I returned to costco, so i decided to buy this one,oh man watching in this projector is unbelivably cool.WOW.
on November 1, 2012
excellent pice of equipment I am very satisfied
its enhance low quality film to look better then they are
I am also happy about the delivery arrived in best possible timing
LG HX300G 1024x768 XGA 270 Lumens Ultra-Mobile LED Projector 2000:1
on April 1, 2015
for a small HT and mobile HT it's great to have like this product ...
on December 21, 2013
got it up to 82 inches straight onto my wall. made a custom mount for it. wanna see it look for it on youtube under "donkeysponcho" all one word.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question