Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on July 1, 2012
Except for the darkest of scenes, this monitor has excellent performance. Colors are vibrant, consistent, and *very* accurate for a monitor of this price point. I am an amateur photographer and I got this monitor primarily to photoshop with, and this is great for that. IPS technology is awesome.

When I first got this monitor, black level was set to "high" which resulted in an inordinate amount of back light bleed. Setting the black level to "low" helped SIGNIFICANTLY--however you can only change this setting using HDMI. I haven't tried this monitor using any other interface. That being said, there is still some noticeable backlight bleed in the lower right corner, however I stopped noticing/caring after the 1st day. Light/reflections hitting the monitor can also give the impression of backlight bleed, as it can turn blacks to dark blues due to the screen cover?

Another thing with this monitor is that the stand is RIDICULOUSLY FLIMSY. The slightest movement makes the monitor shake. Thankfully this monitor is VESA stand compliant.

I would love to give this monitor a 5/5, but the (relatively minor) back light bleed issues, as well as the stand, make me unable to do so.

I would give a 4.5/5 if I could.
on September 20, 2012
Good monitor and cheap (I bought refurbished), but with that comes the pains.

I bought 3 of these and one monitor was DOA, I will be shipping it back tonight.

I have no problems with the other two monitors, they look nice, no dead pixels. There is a bit of a gab between screen and bezel. Also bezel is thin enough that multiple monitors is not so awkward.

Just be warned, technical support for is little to none with these monitors (via LG website) and buying a refurbished on has its risks.

Summary:
Pros - Cheap, Pleasant to look at on and off, nice connection options, fairly intuitive controls once you figure out how to open the menu. Nice colors

Cons - Wobbly stand, Hard to get the angle just right (only really matters with 2+ monitors), HDMI cable will occasionally slip out of back and need to be pushed in farther, When plugging cables in it feels very... cheap. The ports can be pushed in with only slight pressure. No me gusta.
on July 11, 2012
I ran across a blogpost regarding an online color hue test and other info at the following website: [...]

It went into depth about human's perception of color and referred to this online test. Knowing that obvious color differences could be affected by different monitors I decided to do a study between my old LG monitor and this new LG IPS monitor.

Okay, let me break it down for you. I started off with a trial run, just to get the gist of what was happening with the test. I didn't time it and wasn't really paying too much attention. I got a 66 with just doing a quick run.

I then got serious. I set myself 5 minutes on a stopwatch to sort and place the hues. I think this was adequate as when the timer went off I felt pretty satisfied with what I had in front of me. I sorted the obvious colors to their respective extremes and then spent the rest of the time comparing from the outside in.

First monitor is an LG L226WTQ-BF (TN LCD Screen) made in 2007 I've had for probably 5 years (until today). I scored a 40.

Fed Ex guy showed up with my new monitor and I plugged it in. It is an LG IPS235V-BN (IPS LED Screen). I again set my stopwatch to 5 minutes. This time, I felt I was generally satisfied with my sort quicker... I had more time to critique and it felt easier. I scored an 8.

I think this pretty much validates the improved color representation of an IPS screen vs a traditional TN screen.
on December 9, 2012
I was concerned at first over going to an IPS based panel being that I am a gamer and a simmer. After having taken the plunge I can safely say that these do just fine in that department. The stands aren't as adjustable as some but I have all four of these monitors in a dedicated monitor stand so that wasn't an issue for me.
on July 30, 2013
Still going strong after 1 year. Works great on my Mac. Overall no complaints. Monitor stays put although some sway occurs when desk vibrates. Base has been stable and the picture is very nice for the price. By far excellent bang for the buck. Perhaps getting a second one soon.
on April 10, 2013
I decide to buy this monitor last year

It's really nice panel and no bad pixel

It's full HD 1080p surpport so, good for watching movie and playing game.
on January 15, 2013
This was a gift for my son, so I don't know too much about it. this was the best price I could find. My son absolutely loves the TV/monitor
, so I am happy.
on July 31, 2012
I did like the monitor for while until I realized that it was the reason why I was getting headaches and terrible eye fatigue. I almost made an appointment with my doctor because I almost never get headaches and I usually have a lot of energy. After spending a couple of hours in front of the monitor I felt like I needed a nap. I heard that this is due to the flickering of the LED lights while dimmed. It seems like setting the brightness to 100% should eliminate the flickering. I will try full brightness ...and perhaps sun glasses.

I would definitely not recommend this monitor.

Pros: good colors, very crisp, good price

Cons: causes fatigue