|Item Weight||43.9 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||48.3 x 9.7 x 29.3 inches|
|Item model number||OLED55BXPUA|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Television Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
LG OLED55BXPUA Alexa Built-In BX 55" 4K Smart OLED TV (2020)
|Mounting Type||Can be wall mounted|
|Connections||Wireless, Bluetooth, USB, Ethernet, HDMI|
About this item
- DIMENSIONS (WxHxD) with Stand: 48.3" x 29.3" x 9.7" | Without Stand (WxHxD): 48.3" x 27.8" x 1.8" | Weight with Stand: 43.9 lbs | Weight without Stand: 41.7 lbs lbs
- PIXEL LEVEL DIMMING: Millions of pixels emit their own light. Only OLED can turn pixels off completely and independently. See stunning picture, perfect black, infinite contrast and over a billion rich colors.
- WEBOS AND MAGIC REMOTE: LG's fan-favorite webOS platform makes it surprisingly fast and easy to stream movies and shows with your favorite apps and find new obsessions based on what you like. While our Magic Remote lives up to its name with voice and motion control — just speak or simply point, scroll and click.
- α7 GEN 3 PROCESSOR 4K: Your picture is made better, clearer, and smoother. Our a7 Gen 3 Processor 4K powers the performance. You don’t have to do a thing to enjoy great picture and sound. Our advanced processor does it for you with AI Picture, AI Sound and 4KUpscaling.
- GAMING: LG OLED TV is built for gaming. AI-powered picture quality transports you to the moment. Gaming features and the latest tech, like NVIDIA G-SYNC and FreeSync, give you an edge with less lag, high refresh rates, and incredibly smooth and responsive gameplay.
- LG OLED TV: Only OLED pixels emit their own light, allowing for perfect black, intense color and stunning picture.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
See how OLED redefines picture quality with SELF-LIT PiXELS
OLED BX Features
Our processor empowers better picture and sound
Our α7 Gen 3 Processor 4K powers the performance. You don’t have to do a thing to enjoy great picture and sound. Our advanced processor does it for you with AI Picture, AI Sound and 4K Upscaling*. *Image quality of upscaled content will vary based on the source resolution.
World's Most Intelligent TVs
LG ThinQ AI TVs are the only TVs with the Google Assistant and Alexa built-in*. LG ThinQ fully integrates the voice assistants you already use. *Some features require 3rd party subscription or account.
Cinematic Sight and Sound
Dolby Vision IQ automatically adjusts picture settings depending on ambient lighting conditions and content genres. Dolby Atmos puts you in the middle of the action with multi-dimensional surround sound that seems to flow all around you.
See how LG TVs give you the gaming edge
NVIDIA G-SYNC** and FreeSync*, gives you an edge with less lag, high refresh rates, and incredibly smooth and responsive gameplay. *FreeSync software update required. **NVIDIA G-SYNC is compatible with RTX 20 and GTX 16 graphics cards. Older GPUs will not support G-SYNC compatibility.
Exceptional picture quality of perfect black and intense colors combined with smooth gameplay to take gaming to new heights.
Smoother Gameplay for the Win
A higher frame rate, VRR, ALLM, and eARC with HDMI 2.1 support.
Low Input Lag & Response Time
With a low input lag and fast 1ms response time, get ready to play in full-force with reduced blurring and added clarity.
More Immersive HDR Gaming
HDR gaming drops players right into the action for a new level of immersive gaming.
2020 LG OLED TVS
LG OLED TV BX is a sight to behold. Amazing OLED display tech within reach. LG OLED TV BX is a difference-maker for movies, shows, sports and gaming. No detail goes unseen. And only OLED pixels emit their own light for perfect black, intense color and stunning picture — backed by AI, our premium processor, connected home features and cutting-edge gaming tech.
Visible screen diagonal
55" / 140 cm
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The TV ships with a setting that automatically dims the entire screen if the average picture doesn't change enough over a minute or so, and said setting isn't adjustable in the standard menus god only knows why, but requires an LG specific service remote. As I'm sitting here typing this review I'm watching the screen get darker, and darker, with no way to adjust this awful setting: all I can do is work around it by throwing my windows from left to right to wake the screen.
It's a $8 remote, however it's upsetting I had to spend hours to identify this is the fix to such a stupid problem that LG should've never let become a problem. Having a TV clearly boasting the bells and whistles of a high quality gaming monitor, just to have auto-dimming locked behind a service tech remote...? Seriously?
By the way, my 32 inch LG monitor did the same thing last year with the panel. I had to send it in and wait two months before getting it back. Something with their manufacturing process is not right. Good luck with your shopping experience!
We visited the local TV store to shop for our next TV. We were both hoping to find that 5 or so years had improved regular LED TVs to the point that we’d be happy with one of them thus saving major bucks on the replacement. Despite being impressed with how good LED and QLED (Samsung) TVs looked today there simply is no match for the OLEDs of any brand.
The decision is easy. If you want the best picture, buy OLED either this or another brand. You may not notice an issue if you’ve never seen an OLED much less seen them side by side but once you’ve watched a large screen TV with true blacks rather than dark grays, you’ll never be able to unsee the difference. As to this TV itself, while the picture is terrific, I dislike the WebOS both in the older version and now this one.
It’s slow, clunky and lacking in features other TV OSs have. I also find disappointment in all TVs not having Bluetooth so one can use headphones to listen privately or at least bring back the 3.5 mm output jack point. While I’m in complaint mode, I expect a TV of this cost to have Chromecast Ultra built-in. It had no version so if you wish it, you need to buy a dongle.
In sum, a picture that’s simply spectacular with no match in the industry other than other OLEDs but with an indifferent set of operational features. Yes, it has Alexa built-in so I can (at last!) chat up my TV (not). In addition, there’s a good set of customizable settings built in to get things like the sound and picture exactly to your liking. If you get this TV, be sure to visit these settings and work on them to get your TV precisely matched to your viewing and listening choices.
Picture 5+ stars
Setup 4.5 stars
OS 3.5 stars
Sound 4 stars
Other features 3 stars
I have had the set for several months now and am getting more annoyed with it. The tv reacts to a lot of remote signals from other remoters and meant for other devices. It shows a menu or does some other action ( such as unmuting which is very annoying when one is trying to be quiet!). Many times if I want to change the channel on the cable box the tv does this sort of thing. Also the Magic Remote is very sensitive to motion. Just putting another remote down on the same coffee table as the LG remote will trigger the floating cursor and bring up the menus which hang around blocking part of the picture for a while.
The "magic remote" is crazy jittery and very sensitive to exactly where you click. Unfortunately, clicking usually causes the pointer to more enough to take the pointer off the item you want to select. We mostly just use the remote to change the input source and we can do that using only the arrow keys. Also any time you bump the table the remote is on the silly pointer pops up on the screen
Going thru the initial setup, while not difficult, was tedious and annoying. There are almost no instructions except for very limited one line descriptions of the various items. It would be nice to have a real manual. I checked the LG support site but did not see much there.
As part of the setup, there is LONG list of terms and conditions. If you actually look at them you see that LG can do pretty much anything it wants with you viewing information and your TV (it looks like they could even disable it if they wanted!) The TV still works if you don't agree but you then can't use most of the smart features. I don't really care since I don't expect to use them anyway. I have not found how to opt-out if you want to opt-in just to try something. Don't ask why I bought a smart tv if I don't care about the smart features. It is almost impossible to find a high end tv that is not "smart".
Bottom line is the picture is excellent. The user interface is rather annoying
Top reviews from other countries
Isn't "burn in" because I have been very careful to not let that happen. Dang.
Can't find the warranty, will keep looking.