- Size (LWH): 4.21 inches, 2.16 inches, 0.63 inches
- Weight: 4.48 ounces
- Network Compatibility: CDMA
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 378 minutes
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 340 hours
LG Octane (Verizon Wireless)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 3G-enabled messaging phone with flip-out QWERTY keyboard and dual displays; seamless social network integration
- Access VZ Navigator for GPS-enabled for turn-by-turn directions; Visual Voice Mail, Family Locator, and Mobile Broadband Connect capable
- 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD memory expansion; access to personal and corporate e-mail
- Up to 6.3 hours of talk time, up to 340 hours (14+ days) of standby time; released in November, 2010
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, wall/USB charger, quick start guide
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Get your thumbs on the LG Octane for Verizon Wireless and enjoy effortless on-the-go messaging and updates to your social networks. Slim and sleek, the candybar-style Octane's back flips open to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard and 2.6-inch internal color LCD. It also features an HTML web browser and a Favorites Key that enables you to connect with your ten most frequent contacts in a flash.
The LG Octane offers seamless integration
of Facebook, MySpace and Twitter.
The LG Octane is compatible with the V Cast Music with Rhapsody service, which enables you to purchase songs through your phone and download them via the fast Verizon Wireless 3G EV-DO data network, and the V CAST Video on Demand service that enables you to watch full-length TV shows plus news, sports, weather, and live entertainment video clips. You'll also stay on course thanks to the VZ Navigator GPS turn-by-turn direction service. And with the optional Visual Voice Mail service, you'll be able to quickly and easily scroll through your messages and pick the ones you want to listen to. See more details on optional Verizon Wireless services below.
Other features include a 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion (up to 16 GB), multi-format music player, personal organizer tools, compatibility with Skype Wi-Fi calling, threaded text messaging, and up to 6.3 hours of talk time.
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to the reliable Verizon Wireless EV-DO, Rev A network
- GPS navigation capabilities via VZ Navigator service
- Social Beat Widget offers a single point for accessing social networking sites, allowing you to stay connected to Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace plus more than 50 news, sports, and entertainment feeds.
- Favorites shortcut keys for quick access to up to 10 contacts with picture ID
- Skype Mobile compatibility provides unlimited Skype-to-Skype calls and IM while in the U.S. to anywhere in the world. Plus, with Skype Mobile you get low rates to international land lines and cell phones (requires Skype account).
Keep up to date with your social networks via the flip-out QWERTY keyboard (see larger image).
- Internal 2.6-inch LCD screen (320 x 240 pixels, 262K color depth) viewable when flipped open to reveal QWERTY keyboard.
- External 1.76-inch LCD screen (220 x 176 pixels, 262K color depth)
- Full QWERTY keyboard for fast messaging
- Large widely spaced external keys for easy dialing
- 3.2-megapixel camera with up to 3x digital zoom,
- Video capture capabilities with two resolution options, smile shot function that automatically takes a picture when a smile is detected, panorama mode, customizable brightness and white balance, image editor, and dual display activation for self portraits.
- Music player with music library, repeat and shuffle features. Compatible with MP3, WMA, and unprotected AAC/AAC+ formats.
- Dual speakers for stereo sound
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB.
- Full messaging capabilities including Mobile Email, Corporate Email, Mobile Web Mail, Mobile IM, and Chat Capable
- Threaded bubble messaging groups messages to/from a contact in time order and wrapped in bubbles.
- HTML web browser
- Organizer tools including calendar, to do list, alarm clock, stopwatch, world clock, notepad, EZ tip calculator
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- USB connectivity with mass storage capabilities
- Bilingual interface (English/Spanish)
- Voice commands
- Phone book with up to 1000 contacts
- 2.5mm headset jack
- TTY/TDD support
- Hearing Aid Compatibility = M4
The LG Octane weighs 4.5 ounces and measures 4.21 x 2.16 x 0.63 inches. Its lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6.3 hours of talk time, and up to 340 hours (14+ days) of standby time. It runs on the CDMA 800/1900 frequencies as well as EV-DO, Rev A 3G frequencies.
What's in the Box
LG Octane handset, rechargeable battery, wall/USB charger, quick start guide
- Reliable 3G Network: With support for the EV-DO high-speed data standard, you'll enjoy fast access to the Internet and Verizon Wireless multimedia services (additional charges applicable), with average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps and peak rates up to 2 Mbps. (Learn more about where EV-DO coverage is offered.)
- VZ Navigator Capable: With this GPS-enabled phone, you'll be able to access the Verizon Wireless VZ Navigator service (additional charges applicable) for voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions, heads-up alerts, local search of nearly 14 million points of interest in the US (such as landmarks, restaurants and ATMs), and detailed color maps.
- Visual Voice Mail: This innovative service enables you to delete, reply, and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions. Visual Voice Mail is the ideal tool for the busy mobile professional who may need to prioritize which messages he or she listens to first. Features include on-screen access to voice mail message status, save up to 40 messages for 40 days (or archive permanently), create up to 10 different caller ID-based greetings, and reply via call back, text or even voice mail.
- V CAST Music with Rhapsody: Access this exclusive digital music service for RealNetworks and for MTV Networks, which delivers unlimited monthly access to music on up to three Rhapsody-compatible mobile phones and players and online on multiple PCs and Web browsers. For a monthly fee (billed on your Verizon Wireless bill), you can load and reload your subscription songs from your PC to your V CAST Music with Rhapsody phone as often as you want, and take your music on the go.
On PCs running the Windows XP or higher operating system, you can also browse, preview, and purchase music using the V CAST Music with Rhapsody software, which is available as a free download from the V CAST Music with Rhapsody download website. Additional subscription charges applicable.
- Mobile Broadband Connect: Use your smartphone as a modem for your notebook when you connect the two using a USB cable--or open a Bluetooth connection--enabling you to access the Internet or your company intranet. The Mobile Broadband Connect tethered modem capability is ideal when you're traveling and need to use your notebook to check e-mail, access corporate networks, or download large files like presentations and reports. And with Mobile Broadband Connect, you won't have to buy an extra PC Card or other devices.
- Family Locator: Securely locate your family members' locations from your Verizon Wireless device or the web. The locate feature provides you with the information you need to stay aware and stay in touch, including detailed location information and the address of your family members displayed on an interactive map and the option to receive turn-by-turn driving directions to your family member's location using VZ Navigator. You can also receive updates when your family members leave or arrive at locations that you define such as school, soccer practice, or home, with monitored locations set up within a 1/4-, 1/2-, or a 1-mile radius.
- VZW Backup Assistant: Automatically back up your mobile contacts to your online address book. If your phone is lost, stolen, or damaged, or you decide to upgrade, easily restore your saved address book to your new phone. You can also add, delete, edit, and print your contacts online and send the changes to your mobile phone.
Top Customer Reviews
The display is bright and clear and the camera works very well. Pictures are sharp and the camera is easy to use.
I don't know about Internet on this phone because I bought it to use as a phone. I have 3 computers at home for Internet.
The sound quality is superior to our LG Voyagers and this improvement was immediately apparent. The sound level complaints in other reviews may be the result of the default settings on the phone. When the sound level seems too low, press the "increase" bar on the side to maximum volume and then press the OK set button. Remember to get those software upgrades as well.
NOTE: Since we are "olds", we got the very inexpensive 250 email per month plan because we do not text with anyone. We set up free email accounts with one of those big online services and dedicated an account for each mobile phone. We use those accounts to send and receive messages when we are away from our PCs. It's inexpensive and convenient that way.
-Easy to navigate and use
-Comfortable to handle
-Does not turn off or on when in a pocket or purse
-Does not pocket dial when in a pocket or purse
-Can use your own music as ringtones stored on a MicroSD card
-Internal keyboard too flat- makes it hard to distinguish buttons from one another
-Messages are threaded but the complete message does not show at once unless it is very short. Means an extra click to read the full message if the first 2 lines don't jog your memory.
Would I buy it again when this one dies? Probably not. But it'll do for now. I use it primarily for texting (3000+ texts a month) and rarely for talking (less then 2 hours a month).
I got this phone to update my Lg EnV2, which I loved. I just wanted something a little newer with a tad easier keys to text on. I also didn't want to pay for the data plan. This phone is awesome for texting. If you are primarily going to be texting on it, then you probably won't be disappointed with it. The keys are large and easy to use and there is easy access to all the symbols, unlike my EnV2. It had some updates that I liked over the EnV2, such as key placement and message threading. It also has an awesome camera for a non-smart phone.
Here are the problems that I noticed with it (I used it for close to one month):
1. There was a constant hissing sound in the background of ALL calls. I thought that maybe I was being picky, and you heard that with all cell phones and I was just used to it on my old phone, but after trading to the EnV3, I realized that this is not the case. Occasionally during longer conversations, the hissing sound would "click off" (there would literally be some sort of soft click) and I thought that I had lost the call, but suddenly it was crystal clear. If this was the only problem, then I think I would have lived with it
2. The problem that I couldn't live with was the issue with the volume. While talking on the phone, the volume would suddenly shoot up to full volume.Read more ›
I purchased a Droid Incredible 2 for myself, and while her Octane doesn't have all the high tech bells and whistles, it is a very nice feature phone, IMO the best Feature Phone available from Verizon. It's expensive looking and very solid in the hand, QWERTY keyboard, 3.2 Mpx camera with flash, Video, etc.
The external screen is pretty small, but if all you want to do is talk on the phone, it's perfectly adequate. Open it up, though, and see the Octane shine. The internal screen is decent sized, not big, but large enough to view pictures OK. We are retired and neither of us texts, but the QWERTY keyboard is not wasted - it was very easy to load up her contacts using the internal keyboard.
As per previous reviewers, we made sure the " Voice Clarity " was turned off, and have had no one complain about the dreaded " Echo ". Very good coverage and talk quality. Plus the battery seems to last forever.
Two issues, one major and one minor have cropped up:
1. The screen locks automatically, and as delivered, it locked almost instantly, and then required 2 hits on the unlock button to unlock it. I have since changed the setting so that it takes 30 seconds to lock, and now unlocks with one tap on the unlock button. Minor issue solved.
2. The major issue is the ringer - it's simply not loud enough. Turned up to max, it's still hard/impossible to hear when you're in another room of the house, or with the phone in your pocket or purse. They have put the ringer on the inside of the clamshell.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Out of all the phones I have ever had this one will always be my favorite. I had it for two years, and the only reason I got rid of it was because I moved over seas. Read morePublished on December 10, 2012 by BlondeHorse
Before I begin, let me say how there is no greater woe than the feature phone market, especially if you are on Verizon's network. Read morePublished on October 24, 2012 by Erin Rollings
I've had the LG EnV2 and EnV3 prior to this one, and as far as I'm concerned it is basically the same phone. Read morePublished on June 14, 2012 by TAN
I have had the LG Octane through Verizon for 10 months. I am now on my third phone, having had two of them have the memory lock up on me. Read morePublished on April 20, 2012 by AshMadMom
I hate this phone. Nothing is intuitive and it's difficult and cumbersome to use. It is truely a dumb phone. Read morePublished on April 2, 2012 by Latha Soorya
I love this phone. It has a great keyboard for texting, a high res camera with a flash, games, and doubles as an mp3/ usb mass storage device. Read morePublished on March 2, 2012 by JayBird93
I've had my LG Octane for about 2 years now and it's still working great. It's great for texting, has great phone call quality, etc. I haven't really had a problem with it yet. Read morePublished on February 11, 2012 by Arethriel
I like it works well no problems with echo like some reviews i read here and the other party have no problems hearing me. Read morePublished on January 20, 2012 by Arthur Y. Moi
I almost pulled the trigger on a smart phone. Spent 5 weeks with a Droid RAZR and absolutely loved the phone. Used every feature and loved the fit and finish. Read morePublished on January 17, 2012 by Hifi Guy