|Item model number||BT30N|
|Item Weight||5.9 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||5 x 5 x 0.5 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||5 x 5.04 x 0.5 inches|
LG Storage BT30N Slim Blu-ray Drive DVDRW 6X SATA with 3D Playback and M-Disc Bare Drive without Software
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1-Year Warranty
- BD-ROM (SL/DL), BD-R (SL/DL/TL/QL), BD-RE (SL/DL/TL), DVD-ROM (SL/DL), DVD±R (SL/DL), DVD±RW, DVD-RAM, M-DISC, CD-R/RW/ROM, CD-DA, Video CD"
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Sold By||—||ECOMPUTER SYS||ECOMPUTER SYS||PC-mart|
The LG Super Multi slim Blu-ray rewriter BT30N for your notebook features a 6x BD-R write speed with a large 4MB buffer memory to prevent underrun error. Record up to 128GB of files, photos, or business documents onto a quad layer BDXL disc. SATA interface allows for faster performance while M-DISC provides superior reliability in data storage that is perfect for archiving important data.
Legal DisclaimerSeller does not offer returns
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
* The blu-ray player installed easily to the SATA port on my motherboard.
* Windows 8 immediately recognized the drive and I was able to watch movies without any additional configuration.
* The drive is fairly quiet. While watching a movie, the sound of the drive is not noticeable from 10 feet away.
* 3D blu-ray capable.
* The drive is a little bit pricey, especially considering you can buy a standalone blu-ray player for less money.
* Here is the case that I used for the HTPC: Antec ISK 300-150 Black Mini-ITX Desktop Computer Case 150 Watt Power Supply
* Windows 8 will not natively play blu-rays. You need to install additional software, such as the free VLC Player.
* If you do not need 3D or support for BDXL discs (128 GB), this internal blu-ray player should work for you: Panasonic UJ240 6x Blu-ray Burner BD-RE/8x DVD±RW DL SATA Drive (Black). One reviewer confirms that this is in fact a slim profile blu-ray player.
* Still working flawlessly after 1 year.
* Updated the above review to note that the linked Panasonic Blu-ray drive does not support BDXL discs.
The item is listed as new. Mine was definitely used. I wish I could say it was refurbished, but it was mostly likely returned as broken and then sent to me, also broken.
It is advertised as an LG BT30N drive. What I got was an HP drive. I know that LG manufactures OEM drives for companies, but if this is not the LG branded drive and is the HP branded drive, then it should be advertised as such.
When the drive spins, it is so incredibly loud that it is impossible to turn the volume up high enough on my computer to drown out the sound of the disc spinning. My guess is that this is why the previous owner returned it.
I have not been able to read a single DVD on this drive. None of them play. They all play in my standalone DVD player and on my desktop computer, but none play in the laptop in which this was installed.
Avoid this. Just do. If you can find a real LG BT30N drive, it is a really good drive. But the thing I got
* It works
* No drivers needed
* Supports MANY media types
* Slow for audio reads
* No Blu-Ray software included
I swapped the front plate, the side latch, and the back pin with my UltraBay DVD-Multi, and this works automagically and perfectly in my ThinkPad W530. It supports multi-layer burning, low-power sleep modes, and overall is good stuff.
It was just a bare drive, so you'll need your own AAC and BluRay player software.
Also, for CD ripping (iTunes and otherwise), this is half the speed of a USB DVR drive I have. I guess you have to give up something when you support Blu-Ray M-Disc and multi-layer burning.
I ended up ordering 2 x M2x2mm Nickel Pan Head Machine Screw #20900 (20900) = $0.70 at metricscrews.us for my SG05BB case. 2.4mm length screws also work. Tried some longer m2 ones I had around and they prevented it from opening. The pan heads were nice because I was able to screw them in from an angle, necessary because of the brackets in the way.
Most recent customer reviews
It works well with VLC player. A previous drive I tried did not.Read more