LG Stylo 2 Prepaid Carrier Locked - Retail Packaging (Virgin Mobile)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- 13MP Rear-Facing Camera with 5MP Front-Facing Camera
- 5.7" HD IPS Display, Virgin Mobile's 4G LTE Network
- LG Signature Rear Keys
- Embedded Stylus
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Boost Mobile LG Stylo 2 Prepaid Smartphone
Get just what you are looking for with this Boost Mobile LG Stylo 2 Prepaid Smartphone. You will enjoy the many features that include touchscreen, downloading apps, plenty of space for images and speed to play games on this device. The LG prepaid smartphone makes a wonderful gift. Jump on social media and communicate with all your friends and family members with the internet. Impress others when you take plenty of selfies with the HD camera when you go on vacation.
- Includes stylus.
- Vivid 5.7 inch colour display.
- Full HD camera.
- 16GB Storage.
- 4G LTE.
- Camera Resolutions: up to 4160 x 3120.
|Processor Type||1.2 GHz|
|Cell Phone Service Provider||Boost Mobile|
|Cell Phone Type||Smart Phones|
|Contained Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Operating System||Android 6.0 Marshmallow|
|Number of Megapixels||13 Megapixel|
With its sleek design, the LG Stylo 2 reinvents where power and style meet. The LG signature rear keys make it even easier to pull up Capture+. Its 13MP camera with flash and auto focus lets you record life in picture-perfect Full HD (1080p). Then, play it back on the beautiful and durable 5.7-inch HD IPS Display.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought the Stylo2 to use as a WIFI Phone, Social Media Tool, and Media player for music, movies and gaming device.
This device is truly Amazing. It is a prefect tablet replacement. I am extremely pleased with my purchase. This device is near perfect!
Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor
Quad-core 1.2GHz processor and 2GB of RAM deliver outstanding overall performance for opening and running applications, flipping through menus.
Very Light and Thin, Lighter and thinner than the iPhone 6
5.7" HD IPS touch screen display beautiful images and colors.
2GB Ram (ESPN, VEVO, YOUTUBE, CRACKLE, NETFLIX, KODI, Runs FLAWLESS!!!)
Android 6.0 Marshmallow (Runs very smooth without lagging and ability to exit apps 100% allowing better memory management)
Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS (Locked version, will not allow you to copy APPS to SD cards. Can not make SD card the primary storage. You can only add photos, music, roms, doc and movies to SD card). Thanks to the 16GB internal storage it allows extra space for apps compared to the 8GB prepaid phones that are in the same price range .
Back Speaker (It's pretty loud, but you will have to get use to the sound projecting away from you)
Like most smartphones offered by Virgin Mobile, it comes loaded with a ton of programs I had no desire for. However, it offered more memory and a better camera than anything else they had available in the under $200 price range. And a good portion of the unwanted programs were quite easily uninstalled or disabled. The version of Android on this phone is fast and was worth the slightly higher price versus the model I had previously. I find that my favorite feature thus far is the stylus, which was not something I thought I wanted. But it's super easy to use and works so much better than I expected from using them with other touch pad systems (think signature pads at retail stores).
The battery life is pretty good - the day I received it, I used it pretty heavily for about 6 hours while migrating my info from my old phone, setting this one up on the network, and otherwise installing apps and checking out features and barely drained a quarter of the battery. Most days, I unplug it in the morning and find I have 30-40% still left when I go to plug it in for the night, and it charges to full in just under an hour.
This phone also has a snap off back. Which is really a double edged sword. It's great because it means you can replace your own battery, your micro SD card for expanding memory is protected inside the case instead of in a slot on the side where it is prone to damage, and at least with my old phone which had the same snap off back (exactly the same thing), dropping the phone generally results in the back snapping off, which absorbs most of the impact, leaving your phone undamaged, other than the battery lying on the floor. But at the same time, I replaced my old phone because those snaps eventually gave way. One by one they snapped off until I was holding it on with one little tab and electrical tape. So yeah, I highly recommend buying a case. I never got one for my old phone, but it still lasted 2.5 years with only cosmetic damage. I definitely purchased one for this one at the same time I purchased the phone.
Other features I liked:
- Reader-mode: Changes lighting/color specifically to make reading e-books or extended text easier on your eyes
- Camera - it's nice. Much nicer than the one from my LG Optimus 3, or any other phone available on Virgin that I looked at while shopping.
- Power button/camera shutter button/volume is on the back. I used to kill my battery bumping buttons in my pocket.
- Twice as much memory as my previous Virgin Mobile phone
- Some of the preloaded stuff was just what I would have wanted anyway - Google Suite of Apps (music, drive, photos, messaging, hangouts, etc), Amazon Kindle. Even came preloaded with LG Backup which made porting the files and contacts from my old phone super easy.
Not so great things:
- Power port and headphone jack both on the bottom - a minor annoyance since I often listen to music in the evening and charge while I listen.
- So much bloatware. But I was prepared. I figure it's the price I pay for not shelling out $75-100/mo. to Sprint or Verizon on a contract. Some of what I call bloatware will probably be some things users would want though. For example, Instagram, Facebook, Amazon Music, and Youtube all came already installed. There were only a few that wouldn't go away.
- Large - The large screen is great for reading e-books and watching videos, but this will not fit in most of my pockets. Unless you wear cargo pants or medical scrub pants, you're probably gonna have to get a belt clip or a purse to carry this guy around.
Update: A year later and I'm still pretty happy with this phone. Still doing well on internal memory and haven't had any issues. With a really cheap case and a bargain bin stick on screen protector this phone is still fully intact despite many drops and being carried everywhere in my pockets, sat on, stepped on, and generally been abused.
I didnt think I would like the buttons in the back of the phone when i first got this but i actually really like them there. It is easier to adjust volume when on a call, however i keep putting smudges on the lens of camera since it is in same location.
Overall, I really enjoy this phone.