- Brand Name: LG
- Model Number: UH12LS28K BLACK/BULK
- Form Factor: 2.5-Inch
LG UH12LS28K LightScribe 12x SATA Blu-Ray Combo Internal Drive, Bulk (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Drive Type: Super Multi Blue Internal Blu-ray Combo Drive
- Write: DVD+R/-R: 16X DVD+Rwith -RW: 8X/6X DVD+R DL/-R DL: 8X DVD-RAM: 12X CD-R: 48X CD-RW: 24X
- Read:BD-ROM(SL/DL): 10X/8X BD-R(SL L to H): 6X BD-R(SL/DL): 12X/8X BD-RE(SL/DL): 8X/6X
- DVD-R(SL/DL): 16X/12X DVD-RW: 12X DVD+R(SL/DL): 16X/12X DVD+RW(SL): 12X DVD-RAM: 12X
- DVD-Video (CSS Compliant Disc)(SL/DL): 12X / 8X CD-R/ROM: 48X CD-RW: 40X CD-DA (DAE): 40X 80mm CD: 16X
- Access Time: BD-ROM - 180ms; DVD-ROM - 160ms; DVD-RAM - 180ms; CD-ROM - 150ms Interface: SATA Buffer Memory: 4 MB
- Burst Transfer Rate: 1.5Gbps LightScribe Direct Labeling: 600 (DPI) Operating System: Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Read:BDMV(AACS Compliant Disc): 4.8X DVD-ROM(SL/DL): 16X/12X DVD-R(SL/DL): 16X/12X
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
I has a groove design to the front panel, slightly glossy finish. Different from the regular ones with matt finish and flat surface.
The copy software makers have already broken this encryption, so it doesn't stop them from making illegal copies, but it might stop you from being able to play DVD's.
Likely the people who say it doesn't play DVD's are trying to play through VGA or some other analog format or have an older video card that has compatibility issues.
Make sure you read all the specs. If you're hoping for 12x reads on BD-ROM (commercial Blu-ray discs) like many of the other BD readers, you will be disappointed to discover that it only does 8x-10x (8x on dual layer) on those.
I haven't tried it as a DVD-writer since I will not be using it for that purpose.
It will make a very good backup for my older 12x (real) Samsung SH-B123L which, while faster, can sometimes struggle on scratched discs. I have one BD that my Samsung consistently fails on about 20% in. This LG reads the entire disc without a hiccup. The LG is a definite keeper!
To sum it up, the drive appears to be excellent. The problem is that it is more convenient to download video's from your favorite P2P site than it is to get a real blu-ray movie to play from your device.
Read reviews on the Power DVD software. This is a continual cycle that the software maker profits from. Every year they come out with a new version and require you to 'upgrade' to keep playing the latest blurays.
Save yourself some time and money and just pay the extra $$ for a stand alone bluray player now. It's the only option until microsoft sorts out the legal issues of playing blurays in media center.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Put this in my computer years ago and it works like a champ. Love this guy!Published 15 months ago by TravisDaDrunk
Works better than most for playing or burning. Had it for over a year now.Published 21 months ago by Keven G.
Purchased and LG because I have had good results with the one I had bought previously. I tested the drive out and it responded well and the lightScribe options worked very well... Read morePublished on February 10, 2013 by elg