- Size (LWH): 0 inches, 0 inches, 0 inches
- Weight: 1 pounds
LG VX-5500 Phone, Black (Verizon Wireless)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Clamshell phone combines essential functionality with streamlined good looks; includes dual LCD screens
- GPS-enabled for turn-by-turn directions; downloadable games, ringtones, and applications
- VGA camera for still photos; Bluetooth for handsfree devices; speakerphone; voice commands; organizer tools
- Up to 5 hours of talk time, up to 440 hours (18.3 days) of standby time
- What's in the Box: handset, battery, charger, quick start guide, user manual
Customers Also Shopped For
With this GPS-enabled phone, you'll be able to access the Verizon Wireless VZ Navigator service (additional charges applicable) for voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions, heads-up alerts, local search of nearly 14 million points of interest in the US (such as landmarks, restaurants and ATMs), and detailed color maps. And the Chaperone service lets you easily locate your loved ones from your Verizon Wireless phone or PC in real time. After defining a zone, such as an area designating a school or summer camp, you'll be sent an alert via text message when the Chaperone handset enters or leaves the zone.
Getting on the Internet is easy using the Verizon Wireless Mobile Web 2.0 package, which allows you to read and send e-mails, exchange instant messages and view your favorite web content on your phone. The Verizon Wireless Media Center wireless download service is also fully compatible with this phone. This pay-per-download service features application downloads, games and productivity tools. You can also personalize your handset with ringtone downloads using the Media Center service.
The LG VX5500 has dual LCD, with an internal 1.75-inch screen (176 x 220 pixels, 262K colors) complemented with an external 1-inch screen (96 x 64 pixels, 65K colors) that displays incoming calls as well as battery life, signal strength, and current time and date. Flipping open the phone reveals a standard alpha-numeric keypad that sits below a navigation area with five-way control pad, send/end keys, two soft navigation keys, and a dedicated volume key. The phone has a 44 MB internal memory which can't be expanded. The internal phonebook can store up to 1000 contact entries, with each entry able to store up to 5 numbers, 2 email addresses, and a picture ID. You can also enter up to 3 emergency contacts.
An easy-to-use mobile communicator, the LG VX5000 features a handsfree speakerphone, Bluetooth connectivity, and a VGA camera for snapping still photos.
The VGA camera shoots only still photos, and it offers three resolution options (640 x 480, 320 x 240, and 160 x 120 pixels). It also features a 2x digital zoom, white balance and brightness controls, self timer (3, 5, or 10 seconds), and night mode for shooting under low-light conditions. The in-phone image editor enables you to zoom, rotate, crop, and resize photos as well as add fun frames.
Stay in touch with friends while you're on the go using SMS text messaging. When used in combination with the phone's built-in still camera, MMS opens up a whole new world of messaging fun. The phone also comes with a built-in web browser for downloads and mobile web browsing.
Other features include:
- Speaker independent voice commands: call, send message, go to, contacts, and My Verizon
- Organizer tools: Calendar, alarm clock, stopwatch, world clock, notepad, tip calculator
- Voice recording up to 1 hour (5 minutes during phone call)
- One-touch speakerphone
- T9 predictive text entry
- Bilingual Interface: English & Español
- Hearing Aid Compatibility = M4/T4
- TTY Compatible
- Speed dial: 999 entries with 1 voicemail default
- Includes 24 unique ringtones with support for real-music ringers
- Vibrate and silent modes
- Micro USB connectivity for charging from and transferring files to PC
- Bluetooth version 2.0 with the following profiles: A2DP (stereo music streaming), AVRC (remote control), HFP (hands-free car kits), HSP (communication headsets), BIP (for sending images to another device), BPP (basic printing profile for text, email), DUN (dial-up networking), FTP (file transfer), HID (support for mice or joysticks), OPP (object push for business cards, calendar items, and pictures), PAN (personal area networking), PBA (transfer contacts), SPP (serial port profile)
The LG VX5500 weighs 3.05 ounces and measures 3.56 x 1.84 x 0.73 inches. Its 1000 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5 hours of talk time, and up to 440 hours (18.3 days) of standby time. It runs on the CDMA 800/1900 frequencies.
Top Customer Reviews
The 5500 comes with a 1000mAH battery; if you want, you can upgrade that with a 1500mAH battery, but you'll need to also buy a new cover for the back of the phone to accommodate it.
1) No antenna to catch if phone is in your pocket.
2) Calls seem clear
3) battery life seems okay
1) Phone often stops working as a phone if you do not power it down each night. Powering down and up again will fix it. But symptom of phone not being able to send calls is quite a pain. Phone acts like it is going to call, but no audio is sent either direction. In other words, you have no idea that the call isn't going to work before you call.
2) Phone will not allow you to use recorded audio as a ring tone.
on the other hand, the camera isn't so great. i had an older model of LG phones, the vx5300. this phone lacks what the vx5300 had: flash, zoom, and better quality. i guess that's not so bad if you don't use your cell phone camera, but this OUGHT to be a standard feature regardless! i guess LG must've been REALLY marketing for folks on a budget.
secondly, the phone has trouble with bitpim, a third party data transfer software. bitpim supports a pretty wide range of phones, including my old VX5300, but i guess the vx5500 was a little too new. when you select a phone for bitpim to manually detect on your USB port, you MUST use a phone that shares the same USB data cable that the vx5500 does because the vx5500 is not supported. i managed to get all my pictures and memo pad notes off my phone, but i had absolutely no luck with text messages or my address book.
thirdly, the phone is mediocre when it comes to ergonomics. the phone's slimmer design makes it harder to grip, and the ridges that line the halves of its clamshell design aren't deep enough for large hands like mine, making the phone tough to open with one hand (try receiving a call while driving, you'll see what i mean).
and they took away the speed-lock feature!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This phone is exactly what I was looking for when I purchased it. My husband is not into all the fancy new phones. Read morePublished on March 30, 2010 by kltkmcl
Within 2 months of having this phone the screen died for no apparent reason. It never got dropped, it never got wet, nothing. Read morePublished on February 19, 2010 by Kenneth Matthew Glaspey
I own other LG products (tv, cell phones, etc) and they are wonderful. This phone is a dud. I am on the second battery. Read morePublished on December 3, 2009 by Jay Powell