- Model Number: GR700
LG Vu Plus Phone (AT&T)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- TOUCH SCREEN
- QWERTY KEYBOARD
Customers Also Shopped For
The latest AT&T Mobile TV-capable device, the LG VU Plus mobile phone from AT&T will also link you to the center of your social circle with AT&T Social Net application, which allows you to view and manage all your social networking connections and updates from Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter. With the AT&T Mobile TV service, you can subscribe to around-the-clock access to full-length simulcast and time-shifted programming from FLO TV, including such channels as CBS, Comedy Central, ESPN, FOX, NBC, and the movie channel Crackle.
Enjoy watching full-length broadcast shows with AT&T Mobile TV with the LG Vu Plus.
Enabled for use on AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G network, you'll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music and more. Additionally, with AT&T's 3G network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail or viewing Web pages. This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions as well as its Video Share service, which enables you to send video of yourself to another compatible phone while making a voice call. See more details on optional AT&T services below.
The Vu Plus has a 3-inch capacitive touchscreen display with slide-out full QWERTY keyboard for easy messaging anywhere as well as a 3-megapixel camera/camcorder with auto-focus and flash. Other features include Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion (up to 16 GB), Web browser with RSS feed support, multi-format digital audio player, and up to 3 hours of talk time.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- GPS navigation capabilities via AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options. This phone also includes a digital compass.
- 3-inch capacitive touchscreen display with vibrating feedback
- Side-sliding full QWERTY keyboard for fast messaging
- Widget Menu provides quick access to calendar, alarm clock, play music, add notes, set multiple time zones, and play a slide show from the standby screen.
- Access to AT&T Mobile TV for watching full-length broadcast quality shows in widescreen for optimal viewing. It also includes the ability to channel surf with no buffering and an easy-to-use channel guide (AT&T Mobile TV only available in AT&T Mobile TV coverage areas).
- 3-megapixel auto-focus camera with flash featuring up to 2x digital zoom, landscape viewfinder for real camera feel, continuous shot capability (up to 9 consecutive shots) and image editor.
- Video capture capabilities up to 320 x 240 pixels and shooting up to 60 minutes for saving (31 seconds for MMS).
- Multi-format digital audio player compatible with MP3, WMA and AAC/AAC+ formats. Other features include multitasking while listening to music, playlist creation and management, and customizable preset equalizer.
The slide-out full QWERTY keyboard makes it easy to respond to e-mail and text messages.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, and Windows Live).
- Conversation view messaging displays messages in time order from contact.
- Access to personal e-mail (AOL, Gmail, Yahoo!, and Windows Live)
- Visual Contacts allows you to contact friends and family by displaying favorite contacts on the standby screen.
- AT&T Mobile Browser combines full HTML browsing with unique customization features so you can easily surf the global Internet, view location-aware local news and weather, and read the latest headlines from popular news, sports and entertainment sites (RSS).
- AT&T Social Net provides easy access to all your social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and MySpace in one easy-to-use interface.
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm clock, notepad, calculator, world clock, tasks, stopwatch, and unit converter.
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- USB charging via computer
- Address book with up to 1,000 contacts with each storing 5 numbers, 2 e-mail addresses, a physical address, messenger ID, and picture ID.
The LG VU Plus weighs 3.95 ounces and measures 4.31 x 2.1 x 0.6 inches. Its 950 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 3 hours of talk time, and up to 288 hours (12 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies.
What's in the Box
LG VU Plus handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide, user manual
| High-speed data connectivity via AT&T's 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services. |
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go.
AT&T provides several packages for accessing Mobile TV, and it offers parental controls that provide content filtering and purchase blocking on your phone so that you can restrict access to content that may be inappropriate for younger viewers.
| The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search. |
| AT&T Mobile Music enables you to buy tracks while on the go, access the Napster and eMusic subscription music services, stream music video, discover what's playing with Music ID song-recognition software, and find out what's hot with The Buzz music news portal. |
| AT&T's Video Share service enables you to send a live, one-way video stream to another compatible phone during a standard voice call. The service also allows you to switch the direction of the video stream during the same phone call. (Customers must be in an area served by the company's 3G network and have a Video Share-enabled phone.) While using Video Share with family and friends is a fun way to communicate, it's also very useful for business. For example, a majority of users in the architecture, engineering and construction industries rated the ability to share live video through Video Share highly, according to research commissioned by AT&T. Video Share lets you see progress on a job site or review the day's work without having to drive from an office or other site to do so. |
Top Customer Reviews
- Great call quality and volume
- Speaker phone is really good, no echos and it is loud enough
- I have never had to re-establish the blue tooth connection, and it was easy to set up with my Plantronics headset
- The tabbed menus make things easy to find
- The slid out keyboard is very convenient
- The camera is really nice, it has a very bright flash
- responsive touch screen
- when the phone is up to your ear the screen temporarily locks so you can't push touch screen buttons with your cheek
- great battery life without the vibration on (vibration drains the battery a lot but that happens with any phone) I can go for a couple days without charging and have had the phone for a while now
- The web browser is a little difficult to use at times
- When you are talking on the phone if the screen actually locks or you get a text message you can't hang up from the call until you unlock the phone or ignore the text
- vibration is too loud but at least you can feel it in your pocket
Overall a great phone that I would recommend to anyone!
I still love this phone, it has taken a beating from my clumsy use of it. I did of course get a case (and have gone through several of them!) to protect the phone. Battery life is still great even after many many recharges and I do stand by what I said before, that the web browser is difficult to use, but I don't have to have a data package and can still check my emails and update facebook or google some random song lyric to win a bet...
Great phone, still love it and I wish I had another one for when this one wears out!
I have to reestablish the bluetooth connection several times daily and every time I want to stream music I have to turn off the device and turn it back on in the devices menu. The files menu is difficult to use as the files seem to have several different places to hide in this phone. The music player is very difficult to remove from the home screen and when I touch it to use it the phone just freezes up. I should be able to touch it and access the player.
The Positives? Well The touch screen is big and easy to read and seems to work well. The camera has nice editing features and works well.
I'll continue to work wih this for a while but I'll be getting a different phone soon. The menus just don't seem intuitive and it seems to be too much trouble just to perform simple tasks with this phone.
No more LG phones for me.
Call quality is excellent, a lot better quality than the LG Shine that I had previously. The touch screen is extremely sensitive to touch but once you become accustom to it it works very well. I find the menu system to be very well thought out and you can remove icons you don't use, at least the user manual states that. So far I have not removed any icons but may later on. The LG website states that this phone is WiFi capable but it appears that AT&T disabled that feature.
This is my first messaging phone and so far I find this phone very easy to use and would recommend it to anyone. The slide out keyboard has a nice feel to it for creating text messages. The built-in camera has nice functions for editing pictures and the included flash works great.
The only negative issue I have with the phone is it does not have any place to connect a lanyard which I finds useful from time to time.
+ Great responsive touch screen, no lag, 9/10
+ Phone is quick and intuitive
+ Call quality is good, 8/10
+ Texting and MMS is great 8/10
+ Still Camera is great, video camera is good
- Screen is plastic not glass so be careful
- Web button on keyboard might get pressed by accident while typing
That's all I've got for cons, it's a good phone. I am not going to try web and ATT TV because of data use.
It took me awhile to find, but this is finally my ATT QMD phone with no data plan required.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
this phone is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! i have no problems with this phone what-so-ever, and it is very easy to use. i am a big text-er and the keys are easy to press. Read morePublished on October 2, 2011 by Isha
first thing, i bought this phone based on reviews i saw on websites...i dont know who really give the ratings !!!!! Read morePublished on May 29, 2011 by GC
I have had this phone for about a year now and it is the worst phone that I have ever had in my life. the thing is a piece of junk. Read morePublished on May 29, 2011 by Me
This phone is just amazng. The touch screen is very responsive and it's lightweight. It's EASY to use and the full slide out qwerty keyboard is the best i've ever used! Read morePublished on May 25, 2011 by Gewei Cheng