- Size (LWH): 6.29 inches, 0.39 inches, 3.54 inches
- Weight: 4.96 ounces
LG WCP-700 Portable Power Mat Home and Office Charging Pad
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Wire-free charging! Simply place your phone, equipped with a wireless charging battery cover (sold separately) down on the pad to begin wire-free charging!
- Industry leading wireless charging efficiency
- Clutter free charging pad fills well into any room of the house or office without the need for messy wires
- Eliminates the need for a bulky case or external connection on select phones
- Audio Charging Indicator: When your phone is placed on the pad correctly, an audible "beep" indicates that the device is charging
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The LG pad is sleek and low profile, measuring 6.29 inches by 3.54 inches by 0.39 inches.
Wireless charging battery cover required (covers are currently available only on select phones)
Charging Pad includes: Power supply with adaptability for international travel (interchangeable prongs not included) and user manual.
Top Customer Reviews
I agree with the other reviews that the beep is annoying and loud but if you're adventurous you can disable it with a screw driver and a razor knife.
To disable the speaker you need to open the case:
1. Unplug power.
2. Pull the 4 rubber feet out (take your time and use your nails)... they are plugs covering up small screws.
3. Using a small Phillips screw driver, remove the 4 screws.
4. Pry apart the front and back, it should pop loose once the screws are removed.
5. Using the same screwdriver, locate the 4 screws holding the circuit board down and remove them.
6. Flip the circuit board over and you will see there are two components that have white-like goop holding them down, the larger one in the bottom right is the speaker.
7. Cut around the bottom of the speaker with the razor knife to remove the goop. You'll see that the speaker connects to the board with two leads, one on either side.
8. Cut the leads with your razor, or if you are handy with a soldering iron you can go that route too. Once you remove the speaker, the unit will work as always without the annoying beeps.
9. Reverse all this to re-assemble. You can test the unit while open to confirm it worked.
Updated: See my customer picture that shows the exposed circuit board and the speaker removed.
A volume off switch would have solved this problem. Not for use in the bedroom.
**EDIT** This unit is still working great after three days. A little large, but love the fact that it "cradles" the Nexus 4 and even with a case on, there are no charging issues. Bought a Nokia DT-900 and have had issue after issue (charging, disconnecting, losing charge while stating "charging", etc.) - so that POS is getting returned (nice design though). This is a known issue with the DT-900, so don't bite. Get the LG WCP-700 and be done. Picking up another of these shortly for the office, although the price has gone up due to every early recipient of the Nexus 4 having very little Qi charger choices. Google - where is yours? Ugh.
Note that the Droid 3, being a longer phone, does hang over the end of the charger a bit. Not a problem, might be worth noting. You can also rotate the phone 180 degrees and have the bottom edge of the phone extend over the LED indicator panel on the charger pad. This saves a bit of space.
The one drawback of this LG pad is the VERY LOUD BEEP whenever you set the phone down on it, and no way to turn it off. How loud? Hard to say.... Less than a smoke alarm, but maybe on a par with an alarm clock or loud Microwave, and louder than other gadgets' typical beeps I'd say. Although it's just one beep, but I'm pretty sure it'd wakeup a spouse if used in a bedroom, for example, or very annoying to coworkers in an office if you frequently pickup and set down the phone. I've tried putting many layers of electrical tape over it, which helped a bit.
Vendor: PLEASE give us a switch, maybe 3 position: HIGH (current volume), Low, and Off.
Qi Compatible... I think...
Also, I believe this charger is "Qi" compatible, the newer standard for wireless charging, especially with Android phones. Verizon, Motorola and LG could just state these things up front (if true), and I don't have enough other devices to test with, so I'm 70% sure. The only other generic Qi charger I can find in the states is the Energizer pad (see my review there), but the Energizer pad is NOT working well with the Droid 3 setup.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was a gift. It came in a very odd box with no markings. It also came with no paperwork. The person I bought this for since it beeps loudly when you place the phone on it and... Read morePublished 15 days ago by Ron K
As such, it's more trouble to use this charger than to simply plug it in.Published 13 months ago by Bryan E.
Does a good job charging my G3 if no case is on the phone. Some slimmer cases will still work with trickle charging. My leather folio case prevents it from charging at all. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Alan
This probably would have been pretty cool if I had actually read the entire description...you must have a special battery pack or have a phone that is already equipped with one in... Read morePublished 23 months ago by A. Van Horn
A very nice wireless charger for the nexus 4 just wish it had a larger sweet spot on itPublished 24 months ago by Eric
Bought as a birthday gift for my Uncle who got a LG G2 and he LOVES it. Will put a full charge on a dead phone overnight, just drop on the pad, shift a little till it beeps and... Read morePublished on July 21, 2014 by tobalaz
Using with Nexus 4 and 5 with no issues.
If you don't get the phone well positioned it can make contact and lose it over and over making recurring beeps... Read more
Ive had a few qi chargers since I got my LG g pro and I'll never go back to wired charging unless in my car I've adapted every phone I've had sense 2 wireless charging I used this... Read morePublished on June 14, 2014 by keith