LG 6,000 BTU Window-Mounted Air Conditioner with Remote Control (115 volts) - LW6012ER
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 6,000 BTU window-mounted air conditioner with full-function remote control (115 volts)
- Cooling area up to 260 sq. ft.
- Dehumidification up to 1.8 pints per hour
- Energy saver function conserves energy and saves you money
- 12-hour on/off timer cools on your schedule
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1) It's kinda noisy for a brand new A/C. The fan makes too much noise even on low. On high, the noise is unbearable. The max that we use is medium for the fan, otherwise we won't be able to sleep at night.
2) It's weak. They say it's good for a room up to 260 sqft. Our room is about 150 sqft. In 90 degrees weather, it takes 2 to 3 hours to cool down the room. If we are planning to go to bed at 12 midnight, we would need to start the A/C at 10pm, in order to get the temperature in the room to 78 degrees by midnight.
3) It is tough to install. Doesn't provide different options for different types of installations. Be prepared to drill through your window sill to install. If you cannot do that, then you're screwed.
4) Lack of features... you cannot tell the current fan speed, cannot tell the current room temperature.
The only reason I'm not giving it a 1 star is because it is still working after 2 months.
Just so you know, we also bought a GE 6000 btu (actually it's 6400 btu), and we love it!!! We bought the GE a couple weeks before we bought this LG. When we went back a couple weeks later to buy a second unit, they were all sold out, so we got this LG unit instead. The GE is still working great!!! It cools the room fast, very quiet, and it shows the current room temperature and the fan speed. It also offer different options for different type of installations and it's very easy to install. Took us only 10 minutes to complete the installation for the GE unit, but an hour and a half to install the LG.
As for which one will last longer ( the GE or the LG) remains to be seen... They are both still working fine after 2 months.
My studio is 450 sq ft, so it mainly cools the front area which is about 250 sq ft, this is the space we sleep in, so we sleep comfortably.
As for loudness factor, I don't have anything to compare to, but I like a loud unit to block street noise. I live in NYC street level, so for my situation it couldn't be more perfect! And I love the remote, it makes it so easy to adjust the temp or fan in the middle of the night and not have to get up.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
good unit cheap by a good company, but its loud and has a rattle that I find difficult to suppress.Published 19 months ago by duc359
WORKS GREAT BUT WAS SHIPPED WITH A CRACKED CASING. Doesn't effect how it works but shoul dnot be cracked out of the boxPublished 20 months ago by Brian
The unit worked very well but failed to turn off after reaching the desired temperature, then iced up since it ran through the night. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Fred H.
Arrived damaged. Very loud for a small unit. Get the GE from Home Depot.Published 23 months ago by juandows
Chose to order this unit from Amazon instead of another online source because I know I can trust Amazon shipping. Arrived without damage and works great. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Lynxrunner
I ordered two of these. One showed up damaged and completely inoperable. The other works, but is quite noisy. I would not buy these again.Published on July 14, 2014 by JM
I bought this AC after reading the great reviews and that was a big mistake!!!
First and foremost, I recieved this item in a broken box and the AC was also broken on one side. Read more