LG 8,000 BTU Window-Mounted Air Conditioner with Remote Control (115 volts) - LW8012ER
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Setup of 1 customer-supplied air conditioner in existing room
- Mounting air conditioner in unmodified window frame
- Power check and plug in to existing outlet
- Air conditioner test, instructions, and clean up
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 8,000 BTU window-mounted air conditioner with full-function remote control (115 volts)
- Cooling area up to 350 sq. ft.
- Dehumidification up to 2.2 pints per hour
- Energy saver function conserves energy and saves you money
- 24-hour programmable on/off timer cools on your schedule
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
The LG LW8012ER 8,000 BTU Window-Mounted Air Conditioner with Remote Control is perfect for small size rooms up to 350 square feet. You will cool a lot and save even more with this unit's energy saver function, 24-hour on/off timer and a 10.8 Energy Efficiency Ratio. With its stylish full-function remote, you can even get your cool on from across the room. Plus, LG's patented Gold Fin anti-corrosion coating provides a protective shield so the unit lasts longer.
Compare to similar items
This item LG 8,000 BTU Window-Mounted Air Conditioner with Remote Control (115 volts) - LW8012ER
Frigidaire FFRA0511R1 5, 000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner with Mechanical Controls, 15 x 16 x 12 inches
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Heartland Home Goods|
Top customer reviews
1. The fan for this unit is loud on setting two and three. This fan noise may be a problem for people who want to use this air conditioner in their bedroom. Many other people on Amazon have made a similar comment about loud fan noise.
2. Build quality -- cheap. Moving the plastic louvers that direct the air up or down is very difficult. In another review Dave says he found it almost impossible to move these louvers up and down; I agree with Dave. The plastic part that opens and shuts the unit to allow for or close off outside air is so flimsy that I am afraid to use it. The plastic levers that direct left/right air flow are as cheaply made as the open and shut lever. The louvers that are attached to the sides of the unit to allow for snug fit in the window are as cheap as everything else in the unit and were difficult to fit properly to the open window, as others have also noted.
First update: As expected, this airconditioner works well to quickly cool my office space. When I put the LG on the room was 82 degrees. Within half an hour the temperature had dropped to a comfortable 76 degrees. The compressor for the airconditioner makes very little noise, but as mentioned, the fan is loud, especially on high speed.
Other reviewers have mentioned that they received their units damaged. I recommend that these people contact Amazon customer service. I have always had good luck getting a replacement for equipment damaged in transit. Also, some reviewers have talked about problems with installation of this machine. This A/C fits neatly in the window. Unfortunately, as mentioned, the louvers providing the seal keeping warm air out are cheap and difficult to adjust properly. Extra insulation material is needed to keep warm air out of the room.
Second update: I have added a star to this review. After six weeks of daily use this air conditioner works as advertised under difficult conditions. The build quality of my three other LG air conditioners is better than this machine being reviewed and they run more quietly. Now that the machine is installed in the window, I don't touch any of the louvers that adjust and direct the flow of air so it doesn't matter now that they are cheap or difficult to use. As noted, this air conditioner may be loud on high fan speed, but it does cool well, which is exactly what it is supposed to do. If it is anything like my three other LG air conditioners, it will work reliably for a long time.
Third update: I have not mentioned the remote control on this AC, which works well and does control many functions of the machine. On fan speed one the AC is quiet enough for a bedroom. Lastly, the energy saver does work well to reduce the amount of electricity the AC uses. I turn it on when I leave the office and it effectively maintains the set temperature of the room. This LG A/C is a good machine as many other reviewers agree.
1. Rattling noise. Not always there, but is usually present at the lowest fan setting. Very annoying. Anyone looking for pure white noise, this one won't deliver. At the highest setting, it's less noticeable, but then the fan is going pretty loud.
2. The remote control. If you are not standing directly in front of the unit, be prepared to push the button multiple times before it's registered by the a/c. Thought it was the battery, but after changing it out, the problem is still there. Hopefully I got a dud remote and not all are like this.
If I had it to do over, I'd probably buy a different model; but at $200 for 8000btu, the choices aren't overwhelming.
Just got a 8,000 GE A/C and it fits in my side slots (just like my old one did. I don't know why LG makes them wider) and cooled this room in 1/2 an hour. I would have gotten it thru Amazon because they were so nice, but decided to pick it up at Home Depot in case something was wrong with it, I could return it quicker.
So, not sure if all LG products are bad, but this one sure was. It very well may have just been a defective unit, but it colored my opinion of LG's products. I know I won't be buying anything anytime soon from LG, but I will from Amazon.