Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 247 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 263 reviews
on March 12, 2016
Okay given the price. The charger is super handy to have around. If you can live with the limitations below. This may be a good alternative.

1. The battery indicator on the camera (TG-4) will not be giving an accurate reading when using this battery. My camera shuts down with two bars showing on the indicator.

2. Despite being rated at 1900 mAh, these batteries performed worse than 1350 mAh-rated genuine Olympus LI-92B. I tested the batteries that have gone under about 6 months of very light use by how long I can record HD video before the camera shuts down. Genuine battery recorded about 97 minutes. These recorded 87 and 88 minutes.

(1) is a bit of problem for me, as I often take the camera under water. I have been working around this problem by starting my dives with fully-charged ones. You will have to devise a way to physically label/tag fully-charged batteries. I use rubber bands.
on August 10, 2013
After some experimentation at home, and getting decent results, decided to leave my Nikon D90 home this vacation and try just using the TG2.

Sure enough 3 days into vacation - the camera starts doing weird things - starts up, no visible signs of water and seems ok but none of the buttons work.

Look inside, no water, re-seat battery, memory card - same result. I even checked for a firmware problem - still buttons not working and camera can't focus or do anything but take one picture at whatever Fstop and focal lenght it started up at.

On a tip from my brother, I swap in the OEM Olympus battery and presto - no more issues. Camera works fine and has worked fine for a month since.

Note that all three batteries appeared to work fine for the first few days.

It seems like enabling the GPS and altimeter pieces put extra load on the battery and maybe the voltage drops and cause the camera to spaz out.

Not sure if this is a defective battery, bad battery design or maybe even a touchy camera, but as my brother indicated he's had it happen many times with cameras and other devices using off brand batteries . . . . . well keep it in mind I guess.
If you buy a TG-5, as just did, you need a charger, since the camera doesn't come with one. Olympus expects you to charge the battery in the camera with a USB cable, which means that you are using a capable and expensive camera to charge batteries! And the camera is out of action until there's juice in the battery. It's pretty awful to run out of power in just when things are getting good so it's always good practice to have at least one extra charged battery within reach. This set seems to be well made and it works. Apparently it will charge in a car, American wall sockets and even comes with an adapter for use in Europe. I can't speak for the quality of the batteries yet, but I will say that after market batteries have seldom let me down. This is a good deal for the price.
on January 2, 2015
I got this today for my Olympus TG-2, charged both batteries (one appeared already charged,) put one in the camera and it worked. During charging the battery and charger remained cool or only very slightly warm - a good sign. As a battery charges, an LED indicator light starts red, and gradually changes to yellow and, finally, green to indicate a full charge. This took about an hour, but I don't know whether the uncharged battery was, in fact, partially charged. I am now charging the Olympus-brand battery, but it is not done yet.

The charger came with a 12v automobile charger, which I have not tried.

Although it was not mentioned in the product description, it also came with a US-to-Europe plug adapter, which should work on the continent but not in the UK, which uses a different plug. I did not see this adapter mentioned in the product description. The charger is marked for 100-240VAC, but I have no way of testing this.The real test will be when I use the batteries in my TG2 for about two hours of snorkeling. I will report back after my next snorkeling trip in several months.
on October 3, 2016
Batteries last longer than the OEM battery that came with my camera. Charger and batteries appear to be high quality. I will update this review in a few months to report how well batteries are holding up.
on July 18, 2015
Cheap but works. I have a Olympus TG1 and TG4. The product is exactly as shown in the photo. The battteries work fine in the TG1 and TG2.

Not sure how long the charger or batteries will work....but at this price if it only works for a year....that is fine.

My daughter has a similar camera and I ordered one of these for her.

Not sure how someone could give a negative review. Does not make sense.
on March 31, 2017
Excellent product. I had to charge batteries through my Olympus camera in the past, so the camera was unavailable for long periods of time. Getting two extra batteries and the charger and accessories has been a great improvement. I used these extensively on vacation and was never disappointed. So glad I made this purchase!
on August 17, 2015
I didn't get to use it much because it was part of an order I had made with an Olympus underwater camera TG-4 that was immediately defective upon purchase and yet the company wanted me to pay for shipping to get it fixed. I therefore had no reason to keep this. This product, however, did everything they claimed and appears to be an excellent quality product...solid. If I were going to buy another Olympus camera, I would have kept it...but I will never buy from Olympus again.
on March 28, 2015
The charger is good (I'd give it 4stars) the batteries died after about 15 recharges (I'd give them no stars-- thus the 2 star average). I'd sure expect way more charges. We were on an extended trip and their lack of holding a charge proved to be a problem for me. Fortunately, the Olympus battery that came with the camera stayed strong and picked up the slack left by the BM "non"-premium batteries.
on September 13, 2016
Both batteries and the charger worked for me during a trip to Mexico, so Ive tested/used the charger in both 110 and 220 volts. No problems here, and the price was right. Product recommended.