- Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 4.6 x 4.5 inches ; 1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 2.1 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B001EHF99A
- Item model number: PRD0100
- Average Customer Review: 3.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (94 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #253,624 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
LIFESAVER Systems 4000 Ultra Filtration Water Bottle
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultra-filtration water bottle for traveling, hiking, or emergency use
- Chemical-free process eliminates all microbiological waterborne pathogens
- Activated carbon filter treats 750 ml of water in just under 1 minute
- Each replaceable filter treats up to 4,000 liters of water
- Watertight, snap-fit lid; weighs 22 ounces; 2-year warranty
- The lifesaver 4000 ultra filtration water bottle eliminates all microbiological waterborne pathogens from water without chemicals
- Bottle uses replaceable filters, which can treat up to 4,000 liters of water
|Color||Clear Bottle/Yellow Cap|
|Item Dimensions||4.49 x 4.57 x 12.91 inches|
|Item Display Weight||2.1 pounds|
|Item Weight||1 pound|
|Shipping Weight||2.12 pounds|
|Sport Type||Camping & Hiking|
The LIFESAVER 4000UF bottle is a microbiological water filter that uses ultra filtration technology to filter out viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites from contaminated water sources to produce clean drinking water. LIFESAVER technology filters out bacteria to a minimum of Log 6 (99.9999%), viruses to Log 4 (99.99%) and cysts to a minimum of Log 3 (99.9%) as specified by NSF Protocol 231, based on recommendations of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This LIFESAVER bottle is a robust and portable water filter capable of delivering up to 4,000 liters / 1,056 US gallons of clean water for individual use. The LIFESAVER bottle holds up to 750ml at any one time is designed to support individuals embarking on international travel, adventure challenges and expeditions where the quality of the water supply is in question. The LIFESAVER bottle was designed to store and carry dirty water, once water is cleaned there is risk of recontamination. With the bottle, just filter water when you want to drink it. No need for measuring, waiting or unpleasant distaste from chemicals such as chlorine or chlorine dioxide. Used by expedition companies, explorers, adventurers and peppers for producing clean water in the most unforgiving of environments - where clean water just can't be guaranteed.
Developed in response to natural disasters such as 2004's tsunami and Hurricane Katrina, and in response to the world's increasingly threatened supply of clean, drinkable water, the Lifesaver 4000 Ultra Filtration Water Bottle is a simple-to-use, chemical-free water purification system that removes water-borne pathogens and reduces chemical residues from the water making it safe to drink anywhere. The world's first all-in-one ultra filtration water bottle, the Lifesaver Bottle makes easy-to-use, portable water filtration a reality for travelers and outdoors people everywhere.
The Lifesaver bottle eliminates the need for iodine tablets, tedious boiling, chemicals, tubes, shaking, scrubbing, waiting, and effort from the water purification process. The bottle uses a long-term use replaceable filter, which can treat about 4,000 liters of water, 5.5 years of usage if you drank two liters of water every day. The bottle has a unique feature, which shuts the filter off when the cartridge has expired so you can get the maximum life out of your filter without the risk of drinking contaminated water.
The Lifesaver Bottle filters out all water-borne pathogens using a filter with holes 15 nanometers across to prevent even the smallest viruses, 25 nanometers across, to cross the filter, eliminating the need for chemicals to treat the water. The Lifesaver Bottle is fitted with a 4000UF replaceable purification cartridge that removes bacteria, viruses, cysts, parasites, fungi, and all other microbiological water-borne pathogens from your water.
The Lifesaver bottle also comes with an activated carbon filter made of a high specification activated carbon block, which reduces a broad spectrum of chemical residues including: pesticides, endocrine disrupting compounds, medical residues, and heavy metals such as lead and copper. The Carbon filter also eliminates bad tastes and odors from contaminates such as chlorine and sulphur. The carbon filter is designed to last for approximately 250 liters.
In addition to the purification cartridge and carbon filter, the Lifesaver Bottle is supplied with a pre-filter disc. The pre-filter disc protects the membranes of the purification cartridge from objects such as gravel, sand, sticks, and mud, prolonging the overall life of the cartridge. Your pre-filter disc may also be used as a sponge to soak up water from those hard to reach areas like cracks in rocks or shallow puddles.
Exceptionally easy to use, the Lifesaver Bottle filters water on demand at the time of collection. Simply unscrew the base, dip the bottle in the nearest water source, and pump the water through the filter to a teat at the other end, purifying up to 750 milliliters of water in just under a minute. The clean water can be drank immediately, directly from the Lifesaver bottle or poured into a separate container for storage. Designed to work at any angle and in any axis, not only are you able to drink from the bottle in any position, but you can also fill mugs, water bottles, pans, and other water storage vessels from any position.
The Lifesaver Bottle utilizes failsafe technology to protect you from drinking contaminated water toward the end of the filter cartridge's life. As the cartridge approaches the end of its life, the bottle requires a greater number of pumps to induce water to flow. When no more water can be induced to flow despite continuous pumping, the cartridge has expired and it is time to replace it.
The Lifesaver Bottle is designed not to over-pressurize as a safety feature to prevent injury. Over-pumping the bottle will cause the flip lid to bulge. If pumping continues, then the teat will open and release the water and the pressure.
Due to its unique pneumatic action, the Lifesaver Bottle can be used to direct a jet of sanitized water directly onto a wound, cleaning away any other contaminants, allowing for levels of wound irrigation never before possible in the field.
Winner of the "Best Technological Development for Future Soldier System Enhancement" at Soldier Technology 2007, the Lifesaver bottle has earned the trust of the armed forces in delivering safe water anywhere in the world. Tested and approved for use by the United States EPA, the UK Water Compliance Guidelines, and the European Drinking Water Directive Council, the Lifesaver 4000 Ultra Filtration Water Bottle is a portable water purification system that you can rely on.
- Cartridge service rating: 4,000 liters (1,056 U.S. gallons)
- Replaceable activated carbon filter
- Replaceable UF cartridge
- Bacteria retention: >99.999995 % (log 7.5)(2)
- Virus retention: >99.999 % (log5)(3)
- Activated carbon reduces chemical residues including: pesticides, endocrine disrupting compounds, medical residues, and heavy metals
- Bottle storage capacity: 750 milliliters
- Chew-proof, replaceable drinking teat
- Watertight, snap-fit lid
- Cap seal
- Pump tube
- Protective sleeve
- Removable anti-slip base
- Twist lock pump handle
- Dry weight of bottle including cartridge: 635 grams (approximately 22 ounces)
- Minimum operating temperature: >0 degrees Celsius, 32 degrees Fahrenheit
- Maximum operating temperature: 50 degrees Celsius, 122 degrees Fahrenheit
- Minimum storage temperature: -10 degrees Celsius, 14 degrees Fahrenheit
- Maximum storage temperature: 60 degrees Celsius, 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- Initial flow rate: 2.5 liters per minute at 0.25 Bar(1)
- Flow rates and capacity depend on the quality of the feed water
- After first use the product should be protected against freezing
Compliance and Testing Specifications:
- U.S. compliance EPA: U.S. National Primary Drinking Water Regulations under the Safe Drinking Water Act 93-523
- UK compliance: Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations 2000
- EU compliance: European Drinking Water Directive Council, Directive 98/83/EC
- Tested by London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine using Escherichia coli NCTC 10418 in accordance with the Protocol for Microbiological Water Purifiers in accordance with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) guidelines
- Tested by London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine using Poliovirus Type 1 (Sabin vaccine strain) in accordance with the Protocol for Microbiological Water Purifiers in accordance with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) guidelines
Two-year international limited warranty
Would you like to give feedback on images?
Top Customer Reviews
One thing to note is that the water won't necessarily be crystal clear - but it will be safe to drink. We were filtering 'black water' from the rainforest (ie water that is stained black due to decomposing leaf matter) and the filtered water was slightly cloudy - but only really noticeable when compared against a bottle of tap water. Taste-wise, it was fine. From what I have read, no portable water filter is capable of producing crystal clear water in these conditions so I don't count this as a negative against the Lifesaver bottle.
Pumping the water was easy and didn't require much effort. Five or six pumps and then you could sit back and watch whilst the water came out of the teat, then as the flow slowed, a few more pumps. By the time the bottle is 3/4 empty, I would have to refill it. You could let the last quarter trickle out, but it was quicker to top up the bottle again as the water flowed out quicker once you re-pressurised the bottle. I should point out that our guide commented that it was the 'best' water filter he had seen based on how little effort it took to get a steady stream of water pumping out the bottle. He said that the filters he saw other groups bring normally required constant pumping to took forever to fill a bottle.
After the kayak trip, my friends and I continued to travel throughout South America for the next 3 months where we used the bottle for all our drinking water (since we didn't trust the mains water).Read more ›
--Can filter just about any water source and maintain performance (though the life of the cartridge will lessen).
--Has a very high flow rate so filling other containers is fast.
--You can use it to store water as well.
--Air-tight cap means that when it's sealed it's safe from contamination even if it falls into a river or on the ground.
--One of the lowest prices/L for filtering solutions if you plan to actually use 4000L within the two-year life of a cartridge.
--Dirty water fail-safe means it'll cut off flow before you can drink inadequately filtered water.Read more ›
I should point out that some of the criticisms of the product are reasonable if you expected Fiji water from a sludge pond. My experience with it has shown...
- It doesn't remove dissolved minerals, such as iron, or salts. So you can't filter ocean water and expect it come out as fresh water.
-It did taste a bit plastic-ey at first, but that pretty much stopped after using it several times.
-It's kind of bulky to use and takes a few times to get the feel of it, but after a half dozen tries it becomes second nature.
It's not reverse osmosis or natural spring water, but it's pretty close...
Anyway, I love the product. Several friends are getting it for the summer canoe season.
At first I was kind of skeptical about it, especially for the price. But at the urging of some friends I finally got one and used it. What I like about it is how simple it is to use. All the other filters I have used are a hassle with the hoses, the extra bottle you filter into and the awkward pumping action all the while trying to keep in from falling into the contaminated water you're drawing from. Then you have to fold everything up, still wet into a pouch and put it into your pack. It's a hassle to me. The Lifesaver avoids all of that.
Just unscrew the bottom of the bottle, fill it with the contaminated water, close it and give it a couple of simple pumps. Instant sterile water. In my opinion, the video and the pictures don't do it justice. You need to try one and it will become crytal clear...like the water it produces!
I have one that I use backpacking and another in my 72-hour kit.
One more thing: every other filter I have used over the years kept pumping water long after the filter was done filtering. The fact that this one stops working when the filter needs replacement is genious.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
LIFESAVER Systems 4000 Ultra Filtration Water Bottle
I bought this for my husband for his travels to foreign countries. Read more
Very heavy and cumbersome to use. Would be a lifesaver under the right conditions though. Was not appropriate for my trip to India. I could have done with a much lighter filter.Published 12 months ago by Kenneth Hirschmann
Used this for a few years now camping. It's never failed to make the muddest pond water completely clear and it doesn't leave any muddy taste. It's been great. Read morePublished 12 months ago by adam walsh
Its really big, way bigger than a water bottle. Priming is difficult and slow. Seems unreliable and made of cheap plasticPublished 13 months ago by Luke
I can't understand why the Lifesaver bottle doesn't remove particulates while the Zero Water pitcher does! Read morePublished 14 months ago by Darlene Shinde
best filter out there! Viruses, Bacteria, parasite and some chemical protection. go to site and review specs. I bought one for all my kids as well. also got replacement filtersPublished 15 months ago by Kevin
Just wondering, if this is gonna save so many lives... Look at that price.Published 16 months ago by Eric Chau