|Item Weight||7.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||2.5 x 2.5 x 4.5 inches|
|Item model number||LHA19E26UC10|
|Style||A19 - Single|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Type of Bulb||LED|
|Included Components||LIFX (A19) Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb, Adjustable, Multicolor, Dimmable, No Hub Required, Works with Alexa|
|Warranty Description||2 year warranty.|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
LIFX (A19) Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb, Adjustable, Multicolor, Dimmable, No Hub Required, Works with Alexa
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Works with Amazon Alexa to support dimming, shades of white, and color settings through voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- 16 million colors and warm to cool whites
- Easy to set up, built in wifi - no hub required
- Bright - equivalent to 75W bulb
- Works with Nest and SmartThings
- Note: Kindly refer attached manual for guidance on installation
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
LIFX Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb
- Easy set-up, no extra hardware.
- Bold, room-filling color.
- Lasts up to 22 years*.
- One app for Android, iOS and Windows 10.
*Based on 3 hours use per day.
The Lightbulb Reinvented
LIFX is a smart lightbulb that uses Wi-Fi to bring immersive color to your home. A simple-to-use app allows you to fine tune your lighting experience; control a single light or your entire home and enjoy strong vibrant colors along with delicate whites.
A Connected Home Should Be Easy
LIFX lights are engineered to provide a simple way to start designing your connected home. A single bulb contains all the technology and hardware needed to use your lights. LIFX is ready to seamlessly integrate with some of your favorite smart home products, including Amazon Echo, Nest and SmartThings.
Experience Light Differently
One App, Your Device
Take complete control of your lighting. The free LIFX app is available on Android, iOS and Windows 10. With a few taps on your tablet, phone or watch, colors go from bright and vibrant to pure whites in seconds.
With all the intelligence built into the bulb it is easy to kick start your connected home. No technical skills or additional hardware needed. Regular software updates and cutting-edge integrations mean LIFX bulbs only improve over time.
In Tune with Your Needs
LIFX works to make connected living simple by responding to you. Arrive home and have your lights come on automatically or take control from your couch, bed or even work, the LIFX app lets you immerse your home in light, your way.
LIFX lights work with Amazon Alexa. Use simple conversation starters to turn your lights on and off, change the brightness, make them warmer and swap them to your favorite color—all with the power of your voice.
Replace your current lightbulb with a LIFX bulb.
Download the free LIFX app available for iOS, Android and Windows 10.
Explore bold colors, intense themes and create lighting schedules.
Add more LIFX bulbs whenever you want and unlock more features.
Compare to similar items
This item LIFX (A19) Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb, Adjustable, Multicolor, Dimmable, No Hub Required, Works with Alexa
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||THE COULOMBE'S|
|Shape||a19||a19||Oval||A19, E26 Fitting||A19||A19|
|Light Source Type||LED||LED||App Controlled||LED||LED||LED|
|Additional Features||—||—||Adjustable||Dimmable||Extend your warranty at philips.com/RegisterMYLed, Commercial applications warranty is based off 12 hours a day, Zigbee HAN 1.2 Certified, Compatible with Alexa, Wink, Apple HomeKit, Siri, Samsung Smartthings, and others, Operating in completely closed fixtures may reduce lamp life||Dimmable, Multi Colored, Smart Led Bulb, No Hub Required|
|Wattage||—||100 watts||10 watts||60 watts||9.5||11|
LIFX (A19) Wi-Fi smart LED light bulb, adjustable, multicolor, dimmable, no hub required, works with Alexa. With LIFX, how your bulb connects is important, so all of our WiFi technology is built right into each individual bulb - no hub required. Works with Nest.
Top customer reviews
I'd thought I'd a quick update on how the smart bulb is holding up since approx 9 Months when I wrote the original review :
- A recent firmware update has made the blub's WiFi much more stable and responsive. No more random disconnects
- The smart bulb is now natively integrated with Alexa i.e you no longer have to say the keyword "Ask LIFX", instead you can now ask Alexa naturally for eg "Alexa, set living room brightness to 50%"
- Google Assistant is now supported
- An update to the Andriod/iOS app has improved the layout a lot and made it easy to use and understand
ORIGINAL REVIEW BELOW:
When I first received my package with the Lifx Smart bulb I opened it half expecting it to be dead on arrival - thats because it was freely rolling in the shipping box without any air cushions added - however to my relief the Lifx smart bulb is packaged extremely well in a hard cylindrical tube suspended by a foam cushion which should make survive the harshest of shipping conditions. Tragedy averted! Another thing that struck me was the compact size of this bulb - I was expecting it be larger with all its features, WiFi and a 1100 lumen/75 Watt equivalent brightness rating - however its not much larger than a standard 800 lumen LED bulb and a hair bit smaller than a standard 75 Watt equivalent CFL bulb , this means that it should be able to fit in almost all lamp and ceiling fixtures where you can fit a regular CFL lamp
CONSTRUCTION & BUILD QUALITY:
- The lamp is surprisingly compact for all the features and brightness rating making is compatible with most lamp fixtures (see the comparison in video)
- The base of the lamp is made of metal for heat dissipation which also makes the bulb feel quite heavy for its size. The weight might be a bit too much for gooseneck type lamps
- The lamp features a flat disc type of glowing surface instead of the more traditional globe type surfaces of most other lamps. This effects its light distribution and perceived brightness ( I'll elaborate it more a bit further on)
- The bulb can only use the 2.4 Ghz WiFi band for connecting to your network and in my opinion is a good thing as it gives the flexibility of installing the bulb a greater range from your router. A modern router should be able to bridge your 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands anyway for network visibility.
INITIAL SETUP, MOBILE APP & OPERATION:
Check my video for the initial WiFi Setup process, mobile app operation and Alexa Integration . I've indexed the video timestamps in case you'd like to jump straight to a particular section
The initial setup process can be a bit cumbersome and here are a couple of steps that can make the setup process a bit simpler (also covered in my video):
- Switch the WiFi network on your phone to the 2.4 Ghz band during setup
- When you plug in the bulb for the first time, it can take upto 30~40 seconds for it to broadcast its WiFi signal & become visible to the App
- You'll have to create a LIFX account when you open the app for the first time
- The way the setup process works its the App will disconnect the phone from your home's WiFi and connect it the Bulb's own broadcast WiFi Network, transfer your Home WiFi credentials to the Bulb, reconnect your phone back the the Home WiFi and do a firmware update on the bulb. This process can be a bit slow or the transition from one phase to another may not be smoothly managed by the Mobile app. It its best to be a bit patient and you may have to switch the WiFi networks manually between the Bulb and your home network (the app will ask to do so if necessary )
- The app can organize the various smart bulbs into three hierarchies : Home (Top Level) > Room > Individual bulb. If personally feel thats one level too much to manage and customize and just Room> Individual bulb would have sufficed like what TP-Link offers
- The app allows you to control the brightness & hue of the lamp from very warm yellows to bright blueish white either with set preset temperatures or anything in between for that perfect shade YOU want
- There are two separate sections sections where you can control the color of the lamp one of which gives you a more traditional color wheel where you can customize any color your want across the spectrum and then there is another section called 'Scenes' where the colors can be adjusted according to preset scenes. For example there is a 'Santa Scene' which makes the lamp color Red. Duh !
- Whats conspicuously missing from the app though is any sort of scheduling ability turn on or off the lamps and preset times
- The app allows you to add cool effects to your bulb like a candle flicker , strobe or cycle through various colors as well
- Integrating the LIFX Bulb is another two step process i.e it requires you to enable TWO separate skills on the Alexa App to take advantage of all its features :
- (1) The "LIFX Optimized for Smart Home" skill allows you to turn On/Off the blub and control its brightness . This is a Native Alexa App which means you can say the commands in any figure of speech without any special keywords: For Example "Alexa, Turn on the Bedroom Lights" or "Alexa, Set Bedroom lights to 50% brightness"
- (2) The second skill that you need to enable is called "LIFX". This is a Non-Native Alexa skill which allows you to control the Color of the smart bulb and requires you to say a preset keyword "Ask LIFX" . For Example "Alexa, Ask LIFX to set the Bedroom lights to Purple"
- Once you enable both these skills by authenticating with your LIFX account which you created, the rest of the process is simple and you just have to ask Alexa to 'Discover Devices' (See video)
- Very compact size for a dimmable, color Smart bulb which makes it compatible with a wide variety of fixtures
- The color temperatures can be adjusted to your preference from warm daylight tones to cool blues
- The colors are vivid and you have an almost infinite palette to choose from
- Supports more smart home systems than any other bulb that I've seen - It works with Alexa, Nest , Google, SmartThings, IFTTT etc
- Voice control with Alexa is simple, straightforward and easy to setup
- Packaged very well which should survive the harshest of shipping conditions
THE NOT SO GOOD:
- Because of the relatively smaller flat illuminated surface area of the bulb compared to a globe bulb , its light distribution is not as widespread as compared to a traditional globe surface.
- This impacts the perceived brightness of the bulb - To my eyes it does not seem significantly brighter than a standard 800 Lumen LED Bulb. I've included a picture of them side by side for you to decide - hope it comes across in the picture
- The software App for this bulb needs more work , its is poorly organized and overcrowded with too many sections and yet it is missing basic functionality like scheduling the bulbs. The software, on occasion, is also prone to disconnection requiring you to restart the app or turn off and On the WiFi on your phone
- Some of the advertised integrations like Google was not fully working at the time of writing this review and were "Under Work"
Overall the the LIFX smart bulb is a solid platform for a Smart lighting solution with deep integrations with popular smart home systems and while ~$50 is not cheap , but if you compare it to other similar smart bulbs like the TP-Link LB130 or Philips Hue its actually brighter and is a better value for money option which works great with Amazon's Alexa. The only issue I had had was with the somewhat clunky App which can and hopefully will be fixed via future software updates. I will be purchasing a few more of these bulbs to complete my living room setup.
Currently downgrading my review a bit, sadly. I still really like these lights, when the work! But so far I've found that of the four bulbs I have, at least one will lose connection to the network and need to be power cycled each week. (Note: I have a strong and reliable WIFI signal in the areas where they are located.) The bigger problem is I've just had a bulb completely die on me. It won't respond at all to any efforts at a full reset. So out of four bulbs, all of them periodically lose connection and have to be manually reset, and one has altogether died. All of this is in the span of having these bulbs for just over a month or so.
I am so glad I have these! I got a 4-pack and now want to deck out my entire place with them, so we'll see how long I can resist the urge to do that..
I had my eye on the Phillips Hue for a number of years, but never made the plunge because the bulbs weren't bright enough and the hub seemed to be a hassle. These LIFX bulbs address both of those issues very nicely and have been a great addition to my home. Setup was very easy and I haven't had any technical problems with them to date other than *occasionally* a bulb will lose connection to the wireless network, in which case I have to power cycle the fixture in question.
Keep in mind, though, that they only connect via a 2.2GHz wireless network. This works fine for me because I have a dual-band router so I have the bulbs all on the 2.2Ghz network, and then run all of my other devices on 5GHz. I don't need to have my phone connected via 2.2GHz because once you're connected to the LIFX cloud, you can control the bulbs from your phone regardless of which network you are on.
I think the app could be improved a bit to allow for more fine-tuned programming of "scenes," but overall it is very intuitive and easy to use. The bulb was *slightly* larger than the LED bulb it was replacing in one of my lamps, so I had to buy a new lamp harp, but that was an easy change.
I'll update this review if I start to have issues with them, but so far it's been smooth sailing.
Most recent customer reviews
So I decided to purchase one of these bulbs to test with...Read more
DON'T BUY THIS GARBAGE
Don't waste your money!