BCA Month Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on November 12, 2012
I'd like to give this more stars. The author is very talented and she knows how to keep you wanting to know what happens next. I couldn't put the book down, start to finish. That is a rare gift and because of that I would be willing to read more of her work. Overall though, I was incredible disturbed by the characters, aspects of the plot, and the ending.

SPOILER ALERT The lack of consequences for Holt's elaborate lies to Miranda to get her to sleep with him, lies that include pretending to be his twin brother and starting a relationship with her were incredibly off putting. Let me say that one more time. He lied to his personal assistant, pretended to be his non-existent twin brother, started a relationship with her as that twin brother, and when she finds out at the end she's fine with it because true love. Zero consequences. She doesn't even get mad bro.

Whoa boy.

It would have been better had he suffered some kind of consequences, any at all, but she falls into his arms with no thought to the elaborate craziness she just lived through. All is just forgiven, happily ever after. And she's not the only one who sees this as acceptable behavior. The "hero" gets an old friend to pretend to be trying to get into his pants, this is at a business meeting they're all supposed to be attending for reasons I have forgotten. Holt uses a business meeting to try to make his personal assistant jealous so she'll sleep with him even though she's supposed to be dating/living with his brother who is actually him. When it looks like they've taken the ruse too far, one guy steps up and says to knock it off. One. No one else really has that big of a problem with a boss trying to manipulate his employee into sleeping with him and cheating on his brother. END SPOILER.

It broke my brain.
on March 2, 2013
Miranda has been in love with her boss, Holt, for years. When he hurts her feelings at a company party, she happens to meet his brother, Jack. As she falls for Jack, she becomes so confused. Will she choose Jack, Holt, or neither?

Holt is way too domineering. Even his attitude towards Miranda is insulting.

Jack is wonderful, funny, caring, loving, and all the things women want in a man. Yet, he is way too secretive.

It's obvious what's going on. In fact, I knew right away, which maybe was intentional? Regardless, it doesn't work. Not with a character like Miranda.

As for Miranda, please. The fragile bit is way overplayed. Give the girl a backbone! She spends the entire story either having sex or crying. Not one time does she ever show anger or even much of a thought. How about giving the girl a brain? Give Miranda a brain, backbone, and a little more personality. Then the story becomes a lot more interesting. Miranda is just too fragile.

The ending is just as dumb as Miranda is, so no surprise there.

Not good.(less)
on April 7, 2012
First off, I must state that I do NOT like giving negative reviews because it comes off sounding negative and harsh. However, I state my opinions in reviews to give readers insight on what I liked or disliked about the book. So here are my two cents on this book:

I discovered Kimberley Reeves a while back and have read several of her works. She is a good author and I've enjoyed several novels of hers, but they are either a hit or miss. Little White Lies was a miss for me. Here's why: I couldn't get into the story. It wasn't engaging enough to suck me in. However, I persisted and finished the book. The pace was slow and another factor were the characters. They were quite lame in my opinion. Miranda was a walking hot mess, getting involved with two brothers (identical twins at that). But you have to read to untangle the truth of what was really happening. Personally, while reading Miranda just came off as a woman without morals. Furthermore, Holt was not a hero who I enjoyed reading about.

***POSSIBLE SPOILER***

Furthermore, there was no groveling on the hero's part. You would think there would be after finding out that he had lied to Miranda all along, but she just brushed it off quickly.

********************

Hence, this book was quite a disappointment for me & not one of Reeves' best works.
on February 7, 2012
Oh what a tangled web we weave! Miranda is the perfect assistant to the devastatingly handsome Holt Devlin. She knows her boss inside out and could even anticipate what will be his next move. She even understands Holt's way of thinking. But Miranda has a big secret. She has been in love with Holt since she first laid eyes on him.

Holt was vaguely aware of Miranda's infatuation. But he will never act on it. Miranda was too good an assistant and don't want to lose her just for a night of passion. Also, Miranda was not Holt's type. Miranda was too conservative and too mousy.

But like an ugly duckling, Miranda turned out to be a graceful swan during the company New Year's Eve party. Holt was captivated by Miranda's alter ego. But he was still her boss! What will he do?

Enter Jack, Holt's evil twin brother, except that Miranda does not see him that way. In fact, Miranda saw Jack as loving and caring. And she found herself falling in love with Jack. But Miranda still has deep feelings for Holt. How can he tell Jack that? Is it cheating?

It's a conundrum! Miranda, Jack and Holt has to untangle the web of the triangle they wove! True love won in the end. Miranda ends up with the man she truly loves without hurting the other and they live happily ever after.
on February 8, 2012
In the tradition of Harlequin romances, Kimberley Reeves writes a very entertaining, emotionally satisfying and sexy book. Our heroine has some secrets, and, as it turns out, so does our Hero. Miranda has been in love with her boss forever, but has come to accept he will never see her in the same light she sees him..or will he? I enjoyed all of the main characters in this book as well as Missy, Miranda's grandmother, who has a few naughty secrets up her sleeve, too. So glad I picked this book up, I will definitely be reading more of this authors work. This is a M/F HEA with some serious heat and genuine emotion. The plot was a tad contrived, which is odd, because this author has such a strong writing voice and is so talented, I don't think she needs to rely on plot devices. Looking forward to reading more of her work. Bravo!
on November 11, 2012
I loved reading this book. This is the first book I read from this author and will probably not be my last. Book was well written and romance was very sweet. This is the story of highly efficient, prim and proper Miranda who has been in love with her boss Holt. Holt loved women, but never let anyone get too close to him. Holt didn't see Miranda that way but started really noticing her when she showed up at the company's holiday party.

Miranda has loved her boss for the past 3 years. He doesn't seem to know she exists as a woman, but only notices her for her efficiency. After the Christmas party, she decided to live a little and not think of Holt. When she runs into a situation at the parking lot, she was saved by Jack, Holt's brother. Soon she begins a relationship with him. Jack looks just like Holt but is a lot more open about feelings and expressing himself.

I thought story was cute. Probably not too realistic, but this is fiction so why not. I could see where Miranda loved both men and where her conflicting emotions lied. Seemed like she was with jack because he reminded her of Holt and Holt was not available for her.

Romance was sensual and I loved how both men treated Miranda, like a queen. You have to read the entire story to figure out what happens towards the end, but it was a good entertaining book. I will be reading more from this author.
on January 9, 2013
The title gives you the basic plot summary. The writing is very bad. Grammar and spelling errors abound. Heroine = TSTL and slutty. Hero = lying, manipulative jerk. This book = Not worth your time.

*SPOILERS*

He lies to her from the very beginning. Doesn't even feel remorse about it. I just don't understand how a supposedly independent woman would put up with his BS and forgive everything so easily. Give me a break!
on February 11, 2012
You start off in this story feeling right down awful for the heroine! To sit everyday near the man you adore while he is oblivious to your feelings? So frustrating! Thank goodness Miranda decides to step it up a notch to gain the attention she deserves, because her outspoken sister had nothing to do with this daring move at all. Miranda initially thinks she had failed her mission. But she soon finds out that she bit off more than she bargained for when she won the attentions of not only Holt, but his equally handsome twin brother, Jack! The love triangle has demure Miranda's heart torn in two agonizing directions but, after a tough decision made, everyone finds a way to get what they desire the most.

I enjoy this author's writing style thoroughly. I recommend this story for an evening to relax with one's self. It's not very long but do not let size make you believe it is simple or lacking. Kimberly Reeves creates a wonderful story and is excellent at weaving the characters sexual tension into something truly steamy.
on October 27, 2012
This was a free read when I downloaded it and I didn't have any great expectations. I was curious about the premise of being in love with one brother and becoming involved with his twin so I read it. And really enjoyed it. It's a lightweight romance with a fairly predictable plot device but made for an easy and relaxing read. The writing style is easy and the formatting quite good though I noticed a few typos.

The characters are well drawn including a number of supporting characters. The heroine's sister appears in a linked story "In the Arms of a Stranger." which I also read after this one. Will certainly keep an eye on this author for a quick and easy read with standard plot tropes I like.

I gave it 3 1/2 stars because it was more than OK, I did like it but it probably wasn't as good as some other 4 star reads I've reviewed here.
on September 8, 2013
CONTAINS SPOILERS

I've read several of Kimberley Reeves' books and find they tend to be a little far fetched, but that's why they are fiction. What I found questionable in this one is that after three years of working for him, Miranda did not know anything about Holt's family background. Even then, after she sobered up she didn't realize the real connection between Holt and Jack. Was he that good of a Jekyll and Hyde? I started to suspect about midway through the book what was truly going on. Quite frankly, if I had been her, I would have been furious with him for his charade, and like another reviewer said, he should have done some major groveling.