Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on November 2, 2017
So I wish I could give this pen 5 stars..I really enjoy using it. It’s sleek, sturdy, and easy to use. It holds a consistent temperature, can print in ABS and PLA, and can be used for extended periods of time. When you use it for a while, it gets pretty warm in your hand but won’t burn you. Considering the fact that a part within a centimeter or so of your fingertip is running at about 200 Celsius, just being pretty warm is a win for me.

Here’s where I have the problem. Until you learn how to use this pen and get to know it, it’ll jam on you. And as soon as you unscrew the top piece of that pen, your warranty is voided. This means you either commit to fixing it yourself or you ship it back to Belgium every time it gets gunked up.

Either Lix doesn’t understand that its market demographic consists of tinkerers whose first instinct is to fix something ourselves, or they're banking on everyone voiding their warranties.

Either way, if you aren’t comfortable fixing this yourself, don’t buy it. If you are willing to spend an hour or so CAREFULLY learning your pen inside and out, get it. There aren’t a lot of tear down and fix it videos because this pen is so new, but I’m considering making one next time I need to fix it.

Ive noticed some comments about it extruding too quickly, and while I understand what they’re saying, the idea behind the pen is to extrude a little plastic while you stretch it. It works really well once you get the hang of it, but it takes practice.
review imagereview imagereview image
8 people found this helpful
on March 31, 2017
Probably the worst thing Ive bought on Amazon. Build quality looks good, Pen has a good design. That's about it. Pen worked well for the first 5 min then jammed up and I could not get it to work again. Spent about an hour fiddling and reading terrible reviews stating my exact problem. So glad for Amazons return policy
4 people found this helpful
on November 3, 2017
I would have given this item a 5 star if it wouldn't have broken down this fast. The item worked only with one temperature and speed when it was supposed to be two temps and speed. Now the one speed stopped working too. The pen is very comfortable to use, the shape becomes stable right away and the outcome of the project/creation come out really nice. I would definitely recommend it to someone and hope they do not come across the same problems as I did.
One person found this helpful
on October 23, 2017
birthday boy loved it
on January 17, 2018
It worked for 40 minutes. I returned it.
on December 25, 2017
Do not buy this product. Terrible product that jammed and stopped working within 30 minutes of first use. Avoid. Thanks to Amazon for amazing ease of return
on May 1, 2017
Great product.
on February 25, 2017
Broke after only making 3 things
4 people found this helpful
on March 2, 2017
I am totally impressed with the Lix pen! It fit your hand just like a pen. Really easy to use and super comfortable. The pen can be used for a long time and it never gets really hot, it gets comfortably warm. The pen cools down really fast, allowing you to get back to creating quickly. We are able to do super small detailed artwork. We use the ABS filament and we don't have any issues with smoking. Once in a while, it happens, yet nothing that would constitute there being an issue or the need for a well-ventilated space. We buy the 2-pound spools of ABS filament and cut them into 8-inch sticks for easy usage. We are so glad we bought the Lix Pen!
3 people found this helpful