Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only $29.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on January 5, 2018
This has been a great flute for my 7th grader. I was admittedly a little nervous to buy an instrument online...but it has been a great experience. This flute did have a problem, but Hyson music resolved the issue without hassle. I shipped the flute to them and they fixed it for free, and I know if any other issues crop up they'll take care of them as easily. My customer service experience was so great that I actually commented on it to my husband--it is rare enough to talk to a person, but even rarer when that person is completely accommodating and helpful!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 2, 2013
I have purchased Hutchen's clarinets, flutes, and trumpets before to donate to the local middle school. I am going to make this an annual purchase or whenever the school needs them. The school is very appreciative and like the instruments. This year I purchased the "used" instruments and after inspection of the products when they arrive, one cannot tell they are "used".

Hutchen includes a catalog with your order and I passed that along to the school in case they need to make purchases of other instruments and accouterments.

A class act!
on February 23, 2014
I have had this flute for 3 months now and have played it nearly every day. The look and feel of it is great. The sound, however, is awful. It is pitched very sharp. To compensate, the head joint needs to be pulled out about an inch. With that adjustment, the weight of the flute becomes unstable and awkward. No amount of adjustment to the flute completely corrects tuning issues. The flute is not in tune with itself. High notes are always sharp and low notes are always flat. It is next to impossible to produce a clear sounding low note on this flute.

Sad to say, but I didn't realize just how poor this flute was until I purchased a second flute. The second flute cost more than a thousand dollars more than this flute and has none of the issues that plague this flute.

I don't like giving bad reviews, but please steer away from this flute. You'll be sorry.

**********************************
I initially wrote the above review and gave this flute a low, one-star rating. Since then, however, I was contacted by Hyson Music. They read the review and were concerned that there was an unsatisfied customer. They said that they wanted to reach out to me and that, while this flute will not compare to a higher-end flute, I still should not have had the issues with the flute that I described above. They were extremely kind and professional. They asked me to return the flute so they could send a new flute in its place. The whole transaction took less than a week. The new flute does in fact function much better. The quality of the flute is just OK. ***** 5 stars for Hyson Music, the company.
on December 23, 2017
Bought it is 2014 and have spent more than the purchase price in repairs. Not sure if the kid is just hard on her flute, but buyer beware.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 12, 2013
I played the flute in high school. I've had a flute lying around my house since then that I got at a garage sale for $25. It looks terrible and needs to be maintenanced probably. So I bought a new flute since I'd have to spend the money anyway. The service is amazing. It was shipped super fast and the inserts in the packaging tell me the company cares. Also, the reviews on this site and feedback from the maker tell me this is a good company. However, I compared the sound to my old flute and I preferred the old flute. I noticed my old flute is a little heavier, so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. This flute sounds a bit "airy". Then again, this is a great price. I would recommend it for a child or for someone who has never played.
on September 1, 2010
We purchased this instrument for my son for his school band class. While we haven't received the flute yet, the customer service at this company is so great that I had to write a review of it. We needed the instrument quickly, but the only option was 3-5 day ground shipment on the order page. I sent them an email through Amazon to ask if they could expedite the shipping. Even though the instrument was already labeled for ground shipment, their shipping guy stayed late to change the shipping method so we would get the flute this week instead of next. He went out of his way to make it work for us. A very rare, but very refreshing attitude these days. With this kind of customer service, I am sure we will be delighted with our purchase when it arrives!
on March 5, 2013
I've bought this for my ten year old son. He had a Suzuki that seemed to leak air and he was getting frustrated playing it from the inability to play proper notes. I didn't want to spend huge sums for another flute given that I wasn't sure that my son will stick with flute. The LJ Hutchen seemed to be a reasonably priced flute with good reviews.

The flute was shipped and received promptly. My son was able to play the flute without frustration and best of all, I didn't have to nag him to practice his flute.

The only down side is that the foot joint seemed a bit tight for my son to connect. Otherwise a 5-star.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 18, 2011
My daughter started playing the flute last year and loved it, so we decided to purchase the one we had rented all year, only to find out that after paying on it for 8 months, they still wanted $400. The rental wasn't even new and the case was falling apart. When I read the reviews on this flute, I decided to give it a try. My daughter has been playing it since it arrived on our doorstep two days ago, and I can tell you that the sound of the instrument is nothing short of beautiful. It is also a sturdy well built instrument, and we are glad we chose it as her first flute.
on October 15, 2013
The flute is good looking but has many manufacturing flaws, quality is so bad that it won't play correctly without bring in the repair shop once a month. I am very close to throw in the trash. I bought this for my son to play in the school musical band, we had been renting a high end flute about a year so he is pretty fluent with the instrument (just to make sure not the player problem). Within a week or purchase, we have to bring in the shop for a repair, one of the keys did not sit tight, making incorrect note. About 2 months later, have to bring in again, this time some spring felt off. Now 2 and 1/2 month later, 3rd time in the shop, this time it won't even make any sound, major leaking problem and needs to be in the shop for 1-week repair and will cost at least $100 to repair. By the time you did all repairs, it probably costs just as much (or more) as the high end. Save your money and buy the high end one, you will regret buying this one. like I did.
on July 2, 2014
For a beginning student, this is a nice flute! My granddaughter is very happy with it, (she loves the gold cap!), and she makes it sound quite well! Have had this flute for over 4 months now, and have had no problems with it in the time she has been playing, which includes weekly lessons, daily practicing (almost), and school band classes. The hard case is great, and has been very ... well...., protective! All in all, I would recommend the LJ Hutchen Flute for any beginning student, because of its price and quality.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.