Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now
LMT - really free for life? I've seen some reviewers say that this isn't the case. Can anyone comment on that?
asked by newt6fh on July 25, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I paid for an LMT type but could not use the Lifetime Map update feature. Maybe the shipping clerk made a mistake, but even I could not tell if this was an LMT ot not by looking at all angles of the devices. Garmin could have helped by using a using a model type sticker on the device itself, or by using a power-on self ID on screen.
Navigator answered on September 4, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If it has an "L" in the model (e.g. LMT), then its supposed to have one. Perhaps this feature doesn't apply if its a refurb.
TomK1 answered on September 4, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
How can you find out if it is a LMT (Lifetime Map + Traffic) or non-LMT?
I purchased a re-furbished Garmin and could not use the Lifetime Update feature!
When I tried to update, a message appears on my PC: "This device does not have a lifetime subscription tied to it.
Please purchase a subscription from garmin.com or contact garmin support."
I am returning the device to hopefully obtain a correct one.
Navigator answered on September 4, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The "free" ones usually have little popup ads that appear when you're stopped. The ad revenue pays for the traffic service they provide you.
NotSteve answered on September 4, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The model will either be 1390, 1390LT, 1390LM, 1390LMT.... The price increases when you get more features but it is definitely worth it to get LMT.
BAH answered on September 4, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product