Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.95 shipping
+ $14.99 shipping
LOCK-IT Guitar Strap Brown Soft Leather Patented Locking Technology
|Price:||$69.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Built In Strap Locks
- Made in the USA!
- Hand Selected, Premium Leather
- 2.5" Wide
- Adjustable from 36" (91cm) to 60" (152cm).
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
These straps feature a unique built in strap lock. These strap locks are much less obtrusive than other built in strap lock systems and work on virtually any guitar. Because they are part of the trap, you don't have to modify your guitar! This luxury leather strap is made from 3 distinct layers. The top and bottom are made from 100%, hand selected, top grain, premium soft leather. The middle layer is a special material that adds durability, comfort and prevents stretching. The whole strap is meticulously hand sewn and incorporates the LOCK-IT patented locks on each end. The strap is 2.5" wide and adjustable from 36" (91cm) to 60" (152cm).
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Enter the Lock-it strap. This is a very soft 2.5" wide strap that is well-made and very comfortable. It is sueded enough to resist neck dive and just feels great to wear for gigs (I stand up to play). The strap has a retractable plastic lock between the layers of leather on each end. I bought the leather version because, like most leather straps, the length adjustment can be removed. The other strap pin on my guitar is on the back of the neck joint, so I took the adjusting piece off and flipped it over so the plastic buttons that operate the locsk are both facing away from the guitar.
The lock on end opens wide enough to go over the hex nut on the jack -- barely, but it works. The keyhole slot is stretched to fit like every other strap, but with the lock in place, I am completely confident the strap isn't going to come off while I'm wearing the guitar.
Anyway, I've been on the hunt for the best strap lock system for acoustics and this is it. I'm currently using it on a 2016 Taylor 812 brazilian (expression system 2 end pin and a regular strap button on the neck) and I also use it with an older Taylor (normal strap button on neck with normal wood end pin). It is comfortable and works! I can't wait to get my collings back from the guitar doctor to try it on that one as well.
I've also tried the following:
1) plastic locks (Dunlop 7000 Lok Strap and Dunlop 7007SI Ergo Lok Strap System) - These work but they are a pain to take on and off. You will eventually screw up and not set them correctly and that's when something bad will happen!
2) Planet Waves Planet Lock Leather Guitar Strap - Another great option but it has a fatal flaw for acoustics! I can't get the strap lock mechanism around the strap button on the neck. It's is just too big of an apparatus otherwise this is an even better option I think. I believe this strap locks are even more secure then this Lock-it strap. Again, it will not work on any of my acoustics due to the strap button positions on the neck. If I had an electric, then I would just buy this planet waves strap and never again mess with those button/lock systems I had on my les paul.
...so these are the best for acoustics in my opinion.
* It just works and it's secure until I remove it!
* Non-invasive so NO altering your guitar
* Leather will not mess up your finish
* Fairly easy to take on and off.
* very nice leather and build quality
* I think the strap lock mechanism will last a long time
* fits on my acoustic strap buttons and various end pins
* feels great, wide and secure but not heavy feeling
* I like the acoustic close and this leather strap's short option is perfect for my smaller bodied guiar. I've had to alter others in the past.
* Price, it's expensive, but if you have a nice guitar of $500 to thousands, then don't hesitate. I could have bought 15 of these straps for what I'm paying to fix my guitar. Seriously, learn from me!
* Not quite as idiot proof and secure feeling as I think the Planet waves strap mechanism would be. But it just fit on my acoustics. However, the leather I think is nicer on this Lock-it strap.
BTW, I have a cotton Lock-it as well. I like it but I like this leather one much much better. I feel the cotton strap on my shoulder but I don't notice this leather strap. I'd stay away from the poly materials. I believe they will scratch your finish!
After seeing some "creative" ideas online regarding washers, etc and reading horrible stories of player's pride and joy crashing to the floor, I knew strap locks were a must! However, I have several guitars and wanted to be able to easily switch straps between them. In most designs, that would have meant buying multiple specialty strap pins (one set for each guitar). When I saw the LOCK-IT design and read the good reviews, I was sold!
I have this strap and their green cotton version:LOCK-IT Guitar Strap Olive Green Cotton Patented Locking Technology (strap lock) and I am super happy with them. The leather one is supple, wider and more comfy than the cotton one, but I expect that since it's also much more expensive. I use the cotton on my acoustics and the leather on electrics and I could not be happier!
My only wish: more LOCK-IT color/design options in materials other than poly.... leather and cotton only have a few color choices and I hate all poly straps in any flavor!