LOK8U NUM8-PINK Child Locator GPS Watch
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Personal GPS locator designed exclusively for locating children
- Digital watch cannot be removed or deactivated without your knowledge
- Set unique safe zones in which your child can play and you will know if child steps out
- Alert is sent automatically to mobile phone and computer
- Adjustable steel reinforced wrist band and patented locking mechanism
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
nu·m8 (pronounced new-mate) is the world's first and smallest GPS locator device specifically designed with children in mind. nu·m8 is a watch that conceals GSM and GPS modules that enable you to locate your child, whenever you feel you need to know, via the internet or through your mobile phone (SMS/Text).
Give Your Kids Freedom... and You Peace of Mind
nu·m8 is the first GPS locator that actually locates your child not just the device through a unique and patented mechanism. Unlike other devices, nu·m8 can not be forgotten in a bag, lunchbox or jacket. Should the nu·m8 watch be removed unexpectedly, you will receive an email and / or SMS alert.
When you register your nu·m8, you indicate the mobile number and email address that it will respond to. Once nu·m8 is on your child's wrist and activated, you can locate them anytime in two ways: 1) Using the customer portal at Lok8u.com and view their current location on a map, OR 2) Receive their location via text message using your mobile phone.
You can also set pre-determined "Safe Zones" for your child to play in. Should they move out of this area you will receive an alert to inform you this has happened. nu·m8 utilizes GPS and GSM technology to locate your child indoors, outdoors, in the US as well as globally.
nu·m8 requires a monthly subscription to the Lok8u pinpoint services in order to send unlimited location requests--via the web or your mobile phone.
Know Where They Are
Instant Alerts if Removed
Set Your Own Boundaries
What's in the Box
nu·m8 GPS Watch (Pink), Desktop Charger, Instruction Guide
Top customer reviews
1. One of my watches did not start up at all (it just defaulted to 11pm and could not receive any directions).
2. I could not get the time correct on either watch once they both did get the signal (the software update fixed the non-functioning watch).
3. My cell phone triangulation put my kids in Mississippi (we live in Chicago). The software update fixed this problem.
4. Could never get a GPS signal, so accuracy was only 1000 meters-1400 meters. Had to "train" the watches by leaving them outside on 2 min live track. Took several days, so be patient.
5. Shipped without wall chargers (so I have to use my computer to charge them).
6. Could not get second watch registered and then got double charged on it once I finally did (for consecutive months).
I have called customer service at least 8 times, talked to 4 different people (some helpful, some not), and slowly each problem is being addressed. I basically have to start over each time I call, but I am down to just problems 5 and 6 now. In the end it is (probably) worth the hassle for the peace of mind on field trips, play dates, etc. The watches are very large (my 3 year old will only wear it for about an hour), so I just put them in my kids' coat pockets for now. I looked at several locator devices before going with this one, and I think this is the best protection without spending loads of money on the device and monthly fees. Since the technology is so cutting edge, I am willing to cut them some slack and recommend the product, but I hope they learn from their mistakes. I am prety sure a majority of the operational problems are related to the difference in size between the UK and the US, but it seems like they are getting a handle on them.
1. Battery - If placed on Live Tracking mode (which will track at the most every 5 minutes where the watch is), the battery will finish between 3-4 hours. This is the worst thing about the GPS technologies out there today. If you own an iPhone and use the Map app, you know what I mean...The battery dies VERY quickly.
2. Accuracy - They claim that the accuracy is within 3 square meters, or close to it, but in actuality, the readings I were getting were varying by about 100 to over 1,000 meters off. Not good and not expected.
3. Setup - This one was iffy b/c the detailed instructions were more accurate than the quick start instructions (which led me astray) and consequently I had to call tech support.
4. Tech Support - The best part of the experience because someone answered very quickly and was helpful enough to get the watch started.
5. Workmanship - The watch clasping mechanism to hold it securely is rugged and held the watch tightly closed. This was excellent since you don't want the watch to fall off or be pulled off. However, after the 3rd day, the crystal on the face of the watch is beginning to lift off the plastic housing. A pre-cursor to the death of the watch.
6. Web Site - The portal to control the watch is so-so. It's simple to get around, but it is glitchy. The portal sometimes freezes, kicks you out to the login screen, or takes too long to load. The map zoom feature did not stay and kicked the user out to the default zoom level repeatedly in one particular view (1 mile).
7. Mobile Phone - I used the iPhone to track the watch, yet it took a few minutes sometimes to get a fix on the device and get a notification as to where it was. Speed, therefore, is not where I would expect the technology to be.
In all, the concept for the watch is great. I would love that this would work, but it's not at the point where it is a solid technology. I am waiting shipment for the Amber Alert GPS. I am hopeful that product will be better.
Give the watch a try and see if it's good for you. If you call support, insist on talking to a manager or someone in the corporate office and you will get help. You'll have nothing to lose, because they will give you your money back if you're not satisfied.
Most recent customer reviews
Bought the product. Product faulty, will not replace, and customer service is really bad and condescending.Read more
After almost 2 months of dealing with Lok8u, I've probably become an expert...Read more
My experience at first was similar to the one below, but upon calling customer service, I found out there is a software...Read more