Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 12, 2017
This is a light, fluffy, fun read. I really enjoyed the author’s “voice” but the pacing the first half of the book seemed slow due to the fact that Bliss and Garrick don’t have a lot of in-depth interactions. However, during that time there is plenty of knowledge shared about what takes place at a school for theater arts. Unfortunately I’m not a big theater fan. I know, go ahead, skin me but it’s true. I’m a central Texas girl living in the country so it’s not something I’ve ever been exposed to. Despite that, I laughed out loud so many times with Bliss and her friends. She has some amazing friends and I’m pretty sure they’re going to get their books as well.

Once I felt the connection with Bliss and Garrick I was able to settle down and truly enjoy the story. This is a very low angst book written in the heroine’s POV with some push and pull. The epilogue was sweet and written totally from Garrick’s view point. I wish this author had given me more of his inner musings because instead of just liking this book I would have loved this book. There is no other woman drama, the hero is no manwhore, and there is no abuse or violence.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
Losing It was so freaking adorable and awkward! Bliss is a twenty-two year old virgin. Not that there's anything wrong with that. She just hasn't felt ready to take that step, but her best friend thinks it's time. Bliss does think that maybe she should just get her first time out of the way, so the girls head out. Bliss meets a super sexy guy reading Shakespeare in a bar. And he's British! Everything is going well, until they get naked, and Bliss gets painfully awkward and runs out (of her own apartment). Then it gets more awkward when she walks into class the following morning and that sexy guy is her professor.

I absolutely adored Losing It! Bliss' misadventures in losing her virginity were hilarious and heart-warming. I'm glad that she didn't just do it to be doing it. And her excuse for not doing it in the moment was so funny! Like, no one could possible make up something that weird, right? Wrong! Bliss running out on Garrick made me laugh and cringe, which was wonderful. There's several more moments like that sprinkled through out. Bliss is like a magnet for awkward situations.

Other than the superb awkwardness, Losing It is a fairly standard New Adult Romance, although with the student-teacher twist (which is one of my favorite tropes). There's plenty of tension between Bliss and Garrick as they try to stay away from each other, and try to keep their relationship a secret. There's also a pretty good subplot with tension involving Bliss and her best friend who is in love with her. Her absolute cluelessness was a bit unbelievable, but I liked it anyway.
|0Comment|Report abuse
I have came to love my trashy novels. I saw the cover and didn't even read the description cause I knew it would be good. Well, it wasn't really dirty like my books usually are which is probably good but I loved it. I just kept thinking "Would ya'll do it already?". Then someone else comes in and they're a cute couple too. I listened to this on audio as I do most of my books. I listen while at work to help me block everyone else out so I tend to lean towards easy reads. The only part I didn't like is she "bit her lower lip" quite often through the book. First, that was wwwaaayyy over done in the Fifty Shades series. Second, don't copy others. I doubt this was her intent. Apparently, biting your bottom lip is sexy. I obviously haven't grasped the hang of this "sexy habit" because every time I try it people ask if I have something wrong.

I related to the character a lot because she was clumsy, had a lot of guy friends, had slutty friends and was the last virgin out of everyone she knew. I wish this was a series because I am craving for some more of that accent from her boyfriend. Being that I "read" it in audio I got to hear it consistently. I have to say, it teased me several times thinking it was going to happen and her awkwardness would always stop it. I pretty much laughed out loud a few times. I can't wait for my next book from her. I have downloaded several of her books previously but haven't gotten to them because apparently, sitting at my desk at work and reading a love story isn't worth getting a paycheck.
One person found this helpful
on August 18, 2014
The plot is cute and well structured. It is interesting and certainly caught my attention, but it was far too predictable. The whole "losing it" thing was definitely fun. I really liked witnessing Bliss try to hide the fact she was a virgin. But even if a couple of unexpected things happened, they were just secondary things that didn’t add much substance to the plot.

Nevertheless, that doesn’t mean this wasn’t an entertaining read. It was a fairly good one, just lacking the wow factor that would’ve made it memorable.

I did like very much the college factor. I think the author really nailed the "last year of college" feeling. The sense of nostalgia, insecurities, and anguish that real life important decision making goes hand in hand with. I mean, I know that you are already an adult in college, but deciding what to do next is very scary.

I loved that Bliss was a theatre major. I actually minored in theatre but would’ve loved to go the extra mile with it. So I adored being able to share a part of that experience with her.

The characters were good. Bliss was funny and a bit odd which made her cool actually. I think most of the characters were a bit extravagant. But then again, I think all actors are. That proves that the author did a good job with her character building. My only complaint in this aspect is Bliss’ name. Really?

I liked that we got one glimpse into Garrick’s point of view; I wished we could’ve gotten a bit more of him, although I think that the fact he was British was extremely cliché.

All in all I think it was a wise decision to have only one main point of view throughout the story.

Overall, it was a nice read. It provided entertainment, but I wasn’t impressed by the story. I do want to keep reading the rest of the series, let’s just say I’m not in a rush to do so.
2 people found this helpful
on March 23, 2015
Losing It is the first book in the Losing It series by Cora Carmack. This book is about Bliss, a senior in college who is still a virgin. She is determined to lose her virginity, so her friend takes her to a bar to help her find a man that will help her with her predicament. None of the guys are really interesting her, until she sees one in the back of the bar – reading Shakespeare. His name is Garrick and not only is he handsome, he has an adorable British accent.

She takes him home, but then freaks out once she has him naked in her bed. This scene was so hilariously awkward. I felt embarrassed and I wasn't even the one this was happening to. She runs out of her apartment with a stupid excuse about needing to get her cat – a cat that she doesn't even have. And she leaves Garrick naked in her bed.

If things couldn't get worse, the next morning Bliss finds out that Garrick is her new theatre professor. This book is too funny and completely adorable. I loved how awkward Bliss is, and her need to ramble when she's feeling nervous. Luckily, she didn't scare Garrick away. He still wants her, and she wants him. But she doesn't want him to find out that she is still a virgin and doesn't really have a cat. Oh, and also the whole relationship thing is sort of forbidden...

I'll admit, that it took me a little bit to “get into” the relationship between Bliss and Garrick. Bliss has a guy friend named Cade, whom she finds out likes her in a romantic way. I was actually rooting for Bliss and Cade for a little while. He just seems like such a great guy and I felt bad for him. I really liked how the book ended up though. Luckily, I noticed that the second book in this series is centered around Cade. I'd love to see him happy, and can't wait to read his book!

I really thought that this book was going to be more graphic than it was when it came to sex. It had the perfect amount of steam and sweet romance. If you're a fan of New Adult romances, then I definitely recommend this book.
on April 2, 2016
I picked this up on sale at the recommendation of a friend, but I was only moderately impressed. The writing is okay, the characters are likable, the pacing is good and the ending is satisfying... but there's also a fair bit of insta-love and unnecessary melodrama and poor communication between the lovers.

The title and the blurb make it seem like the whole point of this story is Bliss losing her virginity, but that's an oversimplification of what is actually a reasonably interesting conflict. Bliss almost hooks up with a guy at a bar, only to learn that he's her neighbor and, later, that he's her professor. Their relationship is therefore forbidden -- but they can't turn off their feelings. Around the same time, Bliss realizes that one of her best friends is in love with her, which is a complication she doesn't need.

If forbidden love stories are your catnip, and you don't mind a first-person narrative (by a really naive and unsophisticated narrator), you might like this book a lot.
on April 1, 2015
~4/5

“‘Can’t we own each other?’” (Paperback, pg. 123)

This book didn’t seem to have as much substance as I remember the second book having, but I still really enjoyed it. It was fluffy and cute and exactly what I wanted.

Bliss and Garrick almost have sex before finding out that he’s her new theatre teacher. Both of them try to ignore their attraction, for, like, a day, but Garrick decides rather quickly that he doesn’t want to. This makes it hard for Bliss to try.

Bliss is almost done with college, and she’s trying to decide what to do with her life next. This is actually given an understandable amount of time, along with their worry about being found out.

Then there’s Cade, a super sweet friend of Bliss’, who’s in love with her. I already liked Cade from the second book, but we see a different side to him here, and he’s such a sweetheart. I just love him. I might have to re-read the second book, just to see him all over again.

Bliss and Garrick are really good together; they get along really well, and they love each other. Their chemistry was really well done, and their scenes together were cute, as well as very hot. The sexy stuff was nice.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It was cute and fluffy, just right when that’s what you’re looking for. I really hope to pick up another of Carmack’s books soon.

[More of my reviews are available on my blog, Geeky Reading, to which there's a link on my profile.]
on December 22, 2014
This one was entertaining, awkward at times (in a good way) and super cute. With that being said it wasn’t my favorite and had some slight problems for me. Jumping into this New Adult genre has been an experience for me and rating and reviewing them proves to be quite difficult for me. I am still not completely sold on the New Adult Romance/Contemporary selection of books. The things that Losing It by Cora Carmack had that made this an enjoyable book for me was the college experience (I just graduated so I can relate to that time in life etc), the awkwardness surrounding the topic of Bliss losing her virginity and the absolute adorableness of Bliss and Garrick (and the fact that he is her professor)!

I enjoyed Carmack’s writing. I felt it to be both relatable, cute and funny. She creates this super awkward situation for Bliss and handles it in a way that I feel like most girls in Bliss place would think and process it out. The relationship and book overall was light and entertaining, there was not too much dramatic thrown into it and there was the feel of reality. Of course there were issues in the relationship, but for the most part everything was funny and awkward and you can’t help but feel for Bliss and laugh a little too. At times I did find that the overall storyline revolving around theater was a little tough to get into because it is not a subject I can relate to much, but the other aspects of the story about college was enjoyable especially like the little things that Bliss’s friends did to get her to loosen up such as going to the bar/ out dancing and playing a classic like spin the bottle! I also found the story to be too short and although I loved the characters I felt like there was more room for character/relationship development.

The realistic aspects of the writing including the awkward/slight embarrassing moments made me love the characters that much more! Garrick not only is British and totally swoon worthy, but he is easy going and truly cares and supports Bliss. I highly enjoyed Bliss’s inner monologue as well as her worries and fears. It made her such a likable and relatable character. Bliss’s friends were also lively and entertaining and just like friends I would want to be surrounded by! The romance aspects were also nice, the relationship and situation wasn’t perfect and they had to work on it, which is so much better than the insta-love and perfect, flawless romances (which for me they are so incredibly boring)

Overall I thought this was a super cute and light hearted romance story that was realistic, funny and relatable. Although I wish the story had more depth, was longer and gave more character development and storyline, it was an enjoyable and sweet New Adult novel.
on April 7, 2017
Tired of waiting for the right someone to lose her virginity with, Bliss refuses to graduate from college with her V-card intact and decides it’s time to give it away… who better than Garrick a HOT Shakespeare loving British boy she’ll never see again (love when the hot guy has an accent!)… Turns out giving it away isn’t as easy as she thought. What a fun ride to see if Bliss will lose her V-card to a longtime friend or someone she barely knows…

This story is a fun take on a forbidden love and potential friends to lovers mix. Hilariously quirky and awkard at times with it’s will they, won’t they slow burn romance. Looking forward to reading more from Cora Cormack!
on May 4, 2017
This book was absolutely funny to me. Bliss is a virgin and she's desperate to lose it. Little does she know the random guy she planned on losing it to turns out to be her professor.

This was my first time reading this author and I loved everything about it. Bliss was so funny and Garrick was hot and British, I mean do I need to say anything else besides British????!!! The forbidden, student/professor relationship had so much sexual tension and I loved it.

This was a nice, fun read for me!!