- Paperback: 656 pages
- Publisher: Sybex (September 30, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 078214425X
- ISBN-13: 978-0782144253
- Product Dimensions: 8.6 x 1.4 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 52 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,756,504 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
LPIC-1: Linux Professional Institute Certification Study Guide (Level 1 Exams 101 and 102)
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
LPIC-1 Linux Professional Institute Certification Study Guide
Here's the book you need to prepare for the LPI Level 1 exams from Linux Professional Institute. This study guide was developed to meet the exacting requirements of today's certification candidates, and has been reviewed and designated as LPI Approved Training Material. In addition to the consistent and accessible instructional approach that readers have come to expect from Sybex, this book provides:
- Clear and concise information on Linux technologies and topics
- Practical examples and insights drawn from real-world experience
- Coverage of key topics such as security, the boot process and scripts, and kernel maintenance tools
- Linux compatible exam preparation software, including a testing engine and electronic flashcards for your Palm
You'll find authoritative coverage of key exam topics including:
- Linux command line tools
- Using regular expressions
- Managing shared libraries
- Configuring hardware
- Designing a hard disk layout
- Creating partitions and file systems
- Configuring X Window system
- Managing GUI logins
- Customizing a desktop environment
- Creating a custom kernel
- Managing the shell environment
- Configuring a boot loader
- Managing servers
- Configuring Samba
About the Author
Roderick W. Smith, LPIC-1 is a Linux networking expert and the author of several books, including the Linux+ Study Guide, also from Sybex.
Top customer reviews
First five chapters cover the 101 portion of the exam. So you can concentrate on those materials for your first exam, then the rest of the book for your 102.
At first I thought, "alright, this book seems good." Then I found the additional study tools in Appendix B (page 554). This extra stuff has helped me study so much more efficiently. It's a package of study tools that you can download from the link listed on the book, and the practice exams in it is an awesome tool. Well, it helped me.
My only complaint is that the page paper pages feel cheap, kind of absorable and easy to tear, almost newspaper-ish, and a dull grayish color. So highlighting things will be scary, it might go through a few pages, I hope not!