Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 29, 2013
This is the best pickup I've ever used
this is amazing. its very feedback resistant!
and the sound is so natural. If you are looking for a pickup
that its natural this is the best. Also love the fact that doesn't need to modify the guitar!
on February 10, 2015
If you have a guitar that has good natural resonance and a body sound that you love, then look no further. Those looking for a piezo pickup sound to fit into more produced settings, this is a microphone and to get that pickup sound you might have to EQ out a lot of frequencies so be prepared for that. I love my guitar and hence I love the lyric because it sounds like i have placed a good condensor in front of my guitar. Have used it in studio work too as sometimes for quick jobs this works better than setting up a mic and doing quiet takes.
on April 6, 2015
I read the reviews on Amazon and watched some videos on Youtube and that pretty much had me sold, and after I received the LR Baggs Lyric Guitar pickup and hooked everything up , I was Blown away on how good the sound was. Definitely a must have, It does everything they say It supposed to do, plus some.
on September 2, 2016
After all the hype, I was prepared to be underwhelmed. When I installed it and turned on my PA, the volume was not that high. It matched the actual acoustic sound of my guitar so well that I thought the PA was muted.
It's fantastic. Is it a Trance Audio Amulet? No. But was it $550? Nnnnnnope.
I'm happy. Yes, you can get it to feedback. Yes it lacks the overblown low end of other pickup designs. Yes there is a little handling noise.
And yes, it sounds better than the Taylor ES1.
on April 8, 2015
Installation was very easy, although I already had an endpin hole that was the proper size due to prior Baggs M1A installation. If that had not been there I would have gone the pro install route.

The pickup works as advertised. I am still trying to get the sound I want. But no more so than with any other pickup I have. I have been reading posts on the Baggs forum and elsewhere for helpful thoughts on EQ. They would have been good to read prior to buying. So I would recommend that you check them out. A Google search on Baggs Lyric EQ should do it.
Also, I am told that Baggs has a great support team, though I have not contacted them either. But will as I dig into fine tuning more.
on January 10, 2017
Installed a Lyric in my 1976 HD-28. Bridge plate for that model was too small to mount the microphone there, as mfg instructed, so mounted it direct to the top, inside, about 1/2 aft of the bridge plate. Sounds fantastic nonetheless. The volume control has a lip on it, so it lays on the edge of the sound hole. You can't use a sound hole feedback plug because of this. Run it through a fishman loud box artist, sounds just like the guita.
on October 30, 2013
I recently purchased a brand new Taylor 320 all mahogany acoustic guitar and the only setback I was facing was not being able to plug it in. I looked around and did some research with pickups, microphones, and even piezo systems until I found this Lyric. What really caught my attention was how easy it was to instal and how no modification was needed to install it into my guitar. Within an hour I was playing through my monitor speakers and recording acoustic tracks! What really sets this apart is how it picks up literally any sounds inside and outside of the guitar, since it is a fully functional microphone. I can use my guitar as a percussive instrument just as much as it is a stringed instrument. I am so glad I got it and for the money, it was well worth it! It captures all the small nuances that my hog top has without sacrificing my wallet or modifying the guitar. Definitely get this!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 3, 2017
I am very happy with this pickup. Easy to instal myself.
on February 27, 2015
I installed this in my 1960's Guild 12-string and it sounds fantastic through my church's sound system. I have had no feedback issues whatsoever with the Lyric and all frequencies seem to be well-captured. The installation took about 30minutes and was very easy. It sounds so good I want to get another Lyric to replace the under-saddle pickup in my Taylor 910.
I simply love how my guitar sounds now. Much more natural than the piezzo it had before. Although, I have some problems with the highs sometimes it's something manageable. The only thing is that my volume wheel failed at max volume one time, so I had to turn it down a notch.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.