Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $29.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
LR Baggs Para Acoustic D.I.
Enhance your purchase
- Adjustable Gain for Both Passive and Active Pickups
- 5 Band EQ with Tuneable Notch and Midrange Bands
- Phase Inversion for Best Sound and Feedback Control
- XLR and 1/4" Outputs
- Works with 9V Battery or 48V Phantom Power
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Due to its studio quality performance, powerful tone shaping EQ and rock solid reliability, the Para DI has become an indispensable stage tool for countless musicians around the world. This roadworthy box effortlessly tames the stage and enhances any acoustic pickup for a fuller, more complex sound. The Para DI features a 5 band EQ with a tuneable midrange and notch, variable gain control for passive or active pickups and a high quality DI output for a pristine signal to the board.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Now I can tailor my Taylor on the fly (I keep the Para Acoustic on my music stand) from a balanced sound across all 6 strings when strumming, to a higher-treble emphasis when doing lead-runs. I can actually hear my Taylor amplified as if it were unplugged.
I'm pretty sure a new, non-equalized DI box would probably have helped with the volume issues, but being able to customize the sound is worth the extra expense. Now I'm not a slave to the way the sound guys EQ my guitars. Plus, the effects channel is great for plugging in my electric through my pedal board and thus I can easily switch from the Taylor to my Strat while keeping the acoustic sound unaffected by the Zoom G3. I still have the option of running the effects through the Para Acoustic and using my A/B box to connect either the electric or the acoustic in case I want some delay in the acoustic.
Perhaps the "magic" is due the fact that I use the LR Baggs "Anthem" mic plus piezo under saddle combo with the Para Acoustic, but it should work with any pickup system and best of all it's wonderful to have full control of my sound again.
Just to compare, I also purchased a Headway EDM-1 mini pre-amp, but it lacks a gain control and the resulting feedback made the sound booth give me ugly looks. It was soon returned to Guitar Center for a refund. Lesson learned: you gotta have a gain control, not just volume. Anyway, if you want the sound you want from your guitar, get a Para Acoustic and finally achieve satisfaction - a rare commodity in this world.
4-band parametric EQ with notch filter, gain, 1/4" and XLR outs. Powered by 9V battery or phantom power thru the XLR. (no wall wart or external power jack), phase inverter and FX loop. Solid steel chassis and well-made. Don't even think of getting a cheaper one!