Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Black & Decker LST136 13-Inch 36-Volt Lithium Ion ..." and save 17% off the $169.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $10.28 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $12.31 shipping
Black & Decker LST136 13-Inch 36-Volt Lithium Ion Cordless High Performance String Trimmer
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Powerful 36-volt lithium ion rechargeable battery delivers the power with long run-time to complete the toughest jobs
- Use PowerCommand dial to choose between max power to tackle thick weeds and max runtime to increase battery life
- Easily converts from trimmer to edger with a quick turn of the shaft
- Automatic feed spool advances lin automatically so you don't have to bump
- Fast Charger (about 1 hour) included standard
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
|Item Dimensions||11 x 13.5 x 46.5 inches|
|Manufacturer Part Number||LST136|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||3-year warranty|
|Shipping Weight||7.7 pounds|
The Black & Decker LST136 13-inch 36-Volt Lithium High Performance Cordless String Trimmer uses a 36V lithium battery for a long runtime and plenty of power. It has a PowerCommand dial to choose between max power to tackle thick weeds and max runtime to increase battery life. The PowerDrive Transmission delivers more power from the motor to the cutting string so you can get the job done faster and the Automatic Feed Spool ensures continuous work without bumping and having to stop to adjust the spool. The trimmer easily converts to an edger with a turn of the shaft. Includes one battery and a Fast Charger (about 1 hour), spool, guard and Auxiliary Handle.
Offering Black & Decker's exclusive PowerDrive Transmission, the 13-inch cordless LST136 trimmer and edger delivers more power from the motor to the cutting string so you can get the job done faster. You'll be able to trim grass in hard-to-reach areas where mowers cannot cut while also maintaining a neat edging along hard surfaces. It's powered by Black & Decker's high-powered 36-volt lithium battery system, which offers power, excellent runtime, and the versatility to share batteries with other tools within the system.
The Lithium Advantage
Black & Decker's 36-volt lithium-ion system offers numerous benefits over older battery technologies and gas options, notably the ability to put more power into a small and compact battery. Lithium batteries have a longer lifecycle than other types, and they also hold their charge longer when taken off the charger. This means that once charged, a lithium battery is always ready to use. The included Energy Star-rated fast charger fully recharges the battery in about 1 hour.
Trimming Power and Convenience
Choose the amount of power you need to get the job done faster and more efficiently. Use PowerCommand dial to choose between max power to tackle thick weeds (8500 RPM) and max runtime to increase battery life (6500 RPM). The PowerDrive Transmission design provides more cutting force to cut twice the amount of branches at one time.
The LST136's head can be rotated 180-degrees for quick switches between cutting and edging tasks. It also offers Black & Decker's Automatic Feed Spool (AFS) system, which uses centrifugal force to dispense more line whenever you need it for added predictability and dependability--no bumping required. Other features include an auxiliary handle with quick release, 13-inch cutting swath, and 0.065 line diameter.
What's in the Box
LST136 cordless trimmer/edger; LBXR36 36-volt lithium-ion battery; LC36 36-volt fast charger; AF-100 spool; guard; auxiliary handle; operating instructions
LST136 13-Inch String Trimmer Key Features:
- Easily converts from trimmer to edger with a quick turn of the shaft
- Automatic feed spool advances line automatically so you don't have to bump
- 36-volt lithium-ion battery provides longer runtime and longer battery life year after year
- Fast charger recharges 36-volt battery in about 1 hour
- Power Command controls speed for maximum run-time or maximum power
- Variable speed of 6,500 to 8,500 RPM
- Auxiliary handle with quick release
Top customer reviews
(1) Still running strong after all most 3 years of cutting through St. Augustine grass here in Texas.
(2) I've had to re-string her 2x now. Not the easiest you'll ever do, but the 0.065 line from Lowe's works ok. Youtube has a few videos showing you how to do it, if you can't figure it out yourself. Key is you have to wind it really tight and line it up perfectly...or else it will jam. Lots of people probably buy the 12-buck 3-pack replacement spools, but I haven't needed to yet...and it will save you quite a bit of money if you can do it yourself.
(3) I received the blower counterpart to this for Xmas a couple years ago, along with a 40v battery. Battery life was an issue before if I wanted to do all my yard, but a 36v + a 40v gives me enough juice to whack my whole property and then blow out the driveways and sidewalks.
(4) Battery life still seems good. Dont' really detect much functional difference between the 36v and 40v batteries.
(5) Good news is you can buy the blower/whacker as a combo for even less than what I paid for mine.
(6) Using my dad's gas whacker with double 0.095 inch lines did make me realize how power you sacrifice for running this. It's an adjustment, no doubt about it.
(7) The trade-offs from a gas whacker for (a) quiet, (b) virtually zero maintenance, and (c) no gas smell makes up for it. I'm halfway through my 3rd full summer with this bad boy, and the only maintenance has been adding new string.
Bumping up from 4-stars to 5....because this really has been a great product!
I've used my LST136 (w/ 36v battery) for about a full season now. Here's my thoughts so far....
*Significantly more power than the 18vNicad & 20v Lithium tools of a generation ago (as to be expected). If you were underwhelmed by the underpowered older stuff, join the club! But no so with this. I hear things are even a bit better when the 40v 'upgrade'....but I can't say for sure.
*The single-stringed trimmer is sufficient for household duties.
*The rotating shaft is EXTREMELY easy to use. Takes only couple seconds to rotate back and forth.
*Significantly lighter weight than any gas trimmer I've used.
*Charges reasonably fast
*Battery test button seems pretty accurate.
*No problems with the automatic trim adjuster.
*Set battery and go -- no worries about gas smell, mixing gas, tuning the carburetor, etc.
*Takes longer to edge same yard. A single-string (.65) trim works...but it doesn't cut through stuff nearly as fast as your .95 trim on an Echo, Stihl, or Hitachi. I suspect it probably takes me on average 33% longer w/ the 36v cordless than with the gas trimmers.
*Battery life good, not great. My house is about 2000 sq/ft with about a 6000 sq/ft yard. Not huge by any means, and yet I can't do the entire yard on one charge. The way I get around that problem (w/ one battery) is that I typically alternate front/back trim each week. But even with that adjustment, I figure it still uses about 80-90% of the battery on Levels 2/3.
*Battery will get hot if you use it constantly on. And then if you try to charge it after running it hard, expect the charger to allow a 'cool down' period before it can charge.
*Tim 'the Toolman' Taylor would NOT be impressed!!
If you like yard with a sharp "edged" look around the borders, this might not be the trimmer for you -- it will take quite a bit of extra time (and extra battery life) to get that kind of look. But for the 'Average Weekend Joe' like me, I find it suits my current lifestyle pretty well. I did maintenance/landscaping for 4 years while in grad school, so I know my way around power tools. And there are days where I do miss having an Echo or Stihl in my back pocket when I need to plow through my edges quickly. But for what I need it to do, it get's the job done. And I figure most of the extra time it takes to use the B&D is time I'd be spending making trips to get gas, general maintenance and tuning the carburetor, and the like.
I plan to add the cordless blower and trimmer in the future, which was the main reason I bought this to begin with.
This thing really does chew through very thick grass and weeds. I am very impressed with the power. The battery also lasts at least 45 minutes on a charge, plenty of time for me to do everything in my yard. The adjustable power setting is such a great idea, and I use it every week as I move from trimming grass around trees to thick weeds at the back of the yard.
Some of the reviewers had problems with battery life, and I had a bit of concern, so I waited to review this product until after winter storage. I followed the instructions and kept the battery in the charger all winter. In fact, I have kept this battery in its charger constantly since I bought it a year ago, and keep it stored in my basement to avoid exposing it to extreme heat or cold. Two weeks ago, I used the trimmer, and it is just like new. Same battery life as when it came out of the box.
It was a bonus for me that this also can be used as a lawn edger. I was very skeptical about whether or not it would do an adequate job. All I can say is, "Wow"! I used it every week last year, and my old lawn edger (the kind that is a single-duty edger, and won't do anything else but hog space in my garage) is collecting dust. I plan to give that away this summer since the trimmer is all I need. Again, it is very powerful, and I can literally edge my lawn with it in 5 minutes, a job that used to take 30 minutes with my edger as it frequently jammed with dirt.
Another thing I was skeptical about is the automatic line feed. That works like a charm, constantly feeding the line out when needed. Never a glitch.
Thanks to B&D for making another quality product that makes my life easier.
June 2015 update: this is the third summer I've used this product, and it is still outstanding! No problems whatsoever. The battery life is just like when I first bought it. I still keep the battery plugged in the charger year-round in the basement. This is one of my favorite yard work tools.
My yard is very large and I've yet to run out of juice. Even when I don't mow for several weeks it still has plenty of power to chop through thick growth.
Sometimes I get a flashing error light in the charger, but re-seating the battery fixes it every time.
Very pleased with the performance of this unit.