Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 219 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 326 reviews
on December 7, 2016
So far, a bit less than a month in, it's working great. Tested on 110VAC and 220VAC with great success.

The unit included an air regulator, with a small bracket for mounting it on the back of the main housing. Hose, small fittings for the hose (allowing you to cut the hose to your desired length), and just a few replacement consumables.

I added one addition fitting to convert the hose back to 1/2" threaded brass, and used the included hose to make a short run from the regulator to the input on the machine, and another short run from the regulator to a quick detach fitting. This way the hose acts as a bit of a stress relief, vs. pushing / flexing the regulator every time you connect air to it.

It has an internal air solenoid that keep the airflow shut off until you press the trigger button. After cutting and you release the button, air will continue to flow for a few seconds more to cool the head. As I said, everything seems to work really well initially.

I'll update the review if there are any issues or problems.
review image
on March 27, 2015
it's small but it feels solid. Got it, hooked it up and did a test cut on some 4" wide 1/8" flat stock steel plate. Cut right through with no problems. I'm running mine off 240v. Will be using it to build a rotisserie smoker. Will update review after I've completed it.

Update: Used it to cut the top off my smokers firebox so I could put a "hotplate" flat surface on it. Cut through the 3/8" steel with no issue.
review image review image
on October 8, 2015
The LT5000D functions well. It is more of a hobbyist tool. I would not suggest this plasma cutter for everyday shop use. You do have to be careful of metal splatter due to the hose and cover is plastic. Don't plan on putting the torch and ground back in the carry bag. It was torn when it arrived and even trying to be careful I ended up ripping it out the rest of the way. The ground cable is kind of short too. But all things considered, it was a good buy for occasional use.
on February 7, 2017
 My first unit was DOA: fan and power light but no spark. Second unit works as seen in the video. Upon inspection of the internal components, 3 circuit boards are labeled "Cut50", which leads me to believe all these Chinese plasma cutters are basically the same. Lotos has a better ground clamp and torch than some others. The manual was well written in plain English. The included hose barbs are cut with straight threads, as are the threads in the pressure regulator, so they don't seal tightly even with teflon tape (I'll epoxy mine in). Also, the supplied hose clamps don't seal the hose well to the barbs. But for $500, it's a good deal. The video and picture demonstrate cutting 3/16" steel.
review image
on August 28, 2016
I love this machine! Fantastic for heavy cuts in tight places sawzall and metal cutting discs just can't reach!
Also ordered grade 5 safety glasses, welding mask too dark to see lines or marks.
Order extra plasma tips, not that they're fragile...but the aggravation of not being able to use the machine when you really need it!

Definitely recommend this machine!!!
on March 31, 2015
I've had this for an entire season now. It works well. At first, I thought that it burned through electrodes too fast. Then I found out the air pressure was too low. It is easy to mistake because the 'running pressure' is different from the static line pressure. When you hit the button, and the air flows, you'll notice a significant drop in pressure while the air is flowing. To accommodate, you may need to "overpressure" your air. Experiment around with it before you burn through a ton of electrodes. Also, you can find consumable parts for cheap if you shop around.
on March 9, 2017
So I'm gonna do 2 reviews here. 1 on the merits of the machine and how well it works and one thats based off my own opinions and personal needs.

Functional review: So this thing does exactly what it says it does. It cuts 3/8ths pretty efficiently. Haven't tried thicker than that but from other reviews I understand it it can thou not quickly. I've ran it pretty hard but never over heated, and my 20 gal Industrial Air compressor pushes it like a champ. On a purely functional basis, there's not much to dislike. What I WILL ding a star for is replacement tips are really expensive, and there are no generics to use instead that will fit.

Personal needs/opinion based review: If you are a beginner or shake a bunch, I do not recommend purchasing this machine. Spend the extra 100$ and buy the version with the pilot arc so you can use guides and stand-offs. I'm going to end up having to do just that because I shake way too much to use this freehand and considering how expensive the replacement consumables are, it's just not cost effective for me to keep using this machine. I am eating through tips left and right because I shake worse than your average individual. But since this doesn't have anything to do with the functionality of the machine and has everything to do with my personal issues, it doesn't need to be part of the actual grading of the machine. Just some thoughts of someone who's used it for a bit.

Final thought: If you're no stranger to plasma cutting and need one on the cheap, I fully recommend. I still say if you're going to buy one thou, just spend the extra damn 100$ to get the LTP5000D with the pilot arc.
on December 22, 2016
I burned up nozzle cause I didn't hook up the air. (my bad) I have since ordered replacements
on September 15, 2015
WOW FIRST TIME USED IT BURNS STEEL LIKE BUTTER, BEST ON 240 VOLT WILL NEED TO MAKE UP A 50AMP EXTENTION CORD AND MAKE SUR YOU GET RIGHT FEMALE END TAKE TO YOUR ELECTRICAL SUPPLY STORE TO GET THE RIGHT SUPPLIES. IT COME WITH A 240 VOLT 50AMP MALE 3 PRONG END ON IT. YOU MUST KNOW THE DIFERENCE OF 3 PRONG 120VOLT 30AMP AND 3 PROG 240VOLT 50AMP. THEY LOOK SAME BUT NOT!!! AND ARE WIRED DEFERENTLY. NOTE 240 VOLT 50 AMP IS 2 POLE 1 GROUND. 120 VOLT IS 1 POLE 30 AMP 1 NUTRAL 1 GROUND.
on March 13, 2016
I just modded my plasma cutter to accept the cheap LG40 consumables instead of the very expensive LCON consumables, and it's super easy. My plasma cutter was relatively very cheap but after running out of consumables I found that this wasn't really the case...

The plasma cutter I chose is the Lotos LT5000D, and you can pick it up for around $300 on amazon.

The consumables I'll be using are super cheap ($20 for 85pcs) and made for other torches. You can find these at

Just for comparison, the LCON consumables are $105 for the same quantity.

All you need to do is drill out the torch to 5/16", to the existing shelf depth. The LG40 electrodes will then slide right in, and the LG40 caps are slightly shorter which will make the entire assembly fit perfectly. You must use the electrode, tip, swirl ring, and cap from the LG40 assembly.

Of course this will void your warranty.